Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #30,286 of 42,765
  Thanks. I only did a "quick" listen and I found it to sound better than my LG V20 (haven't tried it against the Audeze Deckard), but I can definitely tell greater "power" and increased soundstage immediately. Though, I don't see the large upgrade in performance over the V20. I realize it is way too early in testing to say that with certainty, but will continue testing. So far though, I like it...and it does drive the LCD-2F. I don't see a need to add on an external amp at this time.

I have a V20 too. I use it only on trains and as a backup incase something happens to my Mojo. 

The V20 actually has a slightly wider soundtage then Mojo but Mojo has much better depth and three dimensionality. The V20 sounds flat when directly compared to Mojo playing live and well recorded recordings

Give it some listening time and see what you think.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #30,287 of 42,765
I was freaking out today. Thought something had suddenly gone wrong with my Mojo because I had to turn it up far higher than normal and it distorted badly...but it turns out the culprit was the inline volume control on the cable of one of my headphones that was turned down to nearly zero. XD

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #30,288 of 42,765
Not sure how the Mojo works as a "Pre". I'm using a 3.5mm to RCA into my Rolls Active X-over. I had the controls set on it and was able to adjust volume with the Audeze Deckard. On the Mojo, I set to Line-Out and it has way too much Bass. The Deckard was balanced. I have to set the bass low via the Rolls now (where I did not have to touch it before). When I was running the Schiit Modi 2 Uber, I didn't have to touch the controls (other than volume) either. What 'am I doing wrong on the Mojo? I've already pulled the Deckard out of the chain to post in the For Sale forum, just concerned about this issue. Should I be lowering the voltage out from the Modi?

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #30,289 of 42,765
  Not sure how the Mojo works as a "Pre". I'm using a 3.5mm to RCA into my Rolls Active X-over. I had the controls set on it and was able to adjust volume with the Audeze Deckard. On the Mojo, I set to Line-Out and it has way too much Bass. The Deckard was balanced. I have to set the bass low via the Rolls now (where I did not have to touch it before). When I was running the Schiit Modi 2 Uber, I didn't have to touch the controls (other than volume) either. What 'am I doing wrong on the Mojo? I've already pulled the Deckard out of the chain to post in the For Sale forum, just concerned about this issue. Should I be lowering the voltage out from the Modi?

The Mojo is bass neutral, so either your source is boosting the bass, or your amp is.

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #30,290 of 42,765

The Mojo is bass neutral, so either your source is boosting the bass, or your amp is.

I don't have any "tone" controls to set via Windows 10 for the driver on the Mojo (at least not that I've seen). 

^- These are the settings when I had the Modi2U and the Deckard feeding the X-over.

^- These are the settings after I replaced the Deckard for the Mojo.  

So my question is, what would have changed? The only thing that I can think of is that the other devices were probably bass deficient and I had to turn the Low Level knob up to 5db and on the Mojo I have to turn it down to 3db? I'm still playing with the High level gain to see where that needs to settle in though.

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #30,291 of 42,765
WayTooCrazy, have you tried clicking the volume of the Mojo down 4 clicks to output 1.9Vrms? Same output sound quality, lower output Vrms. You may be feeding a signal that's too hot with the 3Vrms line level volume preset.

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #30,292 of 42,765
@WayTooCrazy, have you tried clicking the volume of the Mojo down 4 clicks to output 1.9Vrms? Same output sound quality, lower output Vrms. You may be feeding a signal that's too hot with the 3Vrms line level volume preset.

I hadn't, but that was my question. I'm trying that now.  Thank you.  I had the "power" also plugged in and the signal wire at the same time (from the same USB powered hub. I heard something like "coil whine" coming from the Mojo. I unplugged the "power" wire and it went away. Is this normal?

Edit: It didn't make a difference. I had still have to move the sub to 2-3db lower than where it was. If that is just how it is going to be, that is fine. I just want to make sure that it is ok.

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #30,293 of 42,765
I hadn't, but that was my question. I'm trying that now.  Thank you.  I had the "power" also plugged in and the signal wire at the same time (from the same USB powered hub. I heard something like "coil whine" coming from the Mojo. I unplugged the "power" wire and it went away. Is this normal?

Yes. Please read the battery and charging section in the third post of this thread. :)

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #30,294 of 42,765
Yes. Please read the battery and charging section in the third post of this thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok. Thanks again. I'll look through the FAQs section to see what else I can find.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #30,295 of 42,765
I'm experiencing an odd issue with my Mojo. On some occasions, touching the body causes it to shut down. Since this came up only during winters, my guess would be static on my fingers is somehow responsible. Is this to be expected?

PS: Apologies for "touching the body" pun on V-Day.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #30,297 of 42,765
Feb 15, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #30,299 of 42,765
yes, via optical/tosilink

On the controller? :confused:

Edit: Also be aware that the PS4 Slim removed the optical TOSlink connection from the console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back