Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 10, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #22,501 of 42,765
Hey All,

I keep going through cheap crappy cables for my Mojo. Is there a suggested, good quality cable, for connecting the Mojo to a regular USB port on a Macbook Pro? So, USB to Micro USB? Thanks for the help!

For MacBook Pro use optical.

PS. Congratulations all on 1500 pages!

PPS. I too just installed iOS 10 and am pretty impressed with how well it performs on the 5s. Better than iOS 9 I think.

PPPS. I want an album or to on 7digital.com but it is region locked. Anyone know of a workaround? It's not available in my country. :frowning2:

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #22,502 of 42,765
PS. Congratulations all on 1500 pages!

blink.gif

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #22,503 of 42,765
Sep 10, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #22,505 of 42,765
Not sure what you are meaning. Is it a new cable, or a new cable cover maybe for shielding?

Interesting though.

It's the later :) It's 'flexo Conductive' I'd say it's worth a try.
Cheers

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #22,507 of 42,765
About time that we had a good-quality, affordable case option for the Mojo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A6-EASECASE-Custom-Made-Leather-case-for-CHORD-MOJO-/282150057265?hash=item41b1743531:g:cMUAAOSwawpXv8Ue

That looks identical to my Dignis case but it does not say it on the case that I can see.

This is a different manufacturer called Easecase, I haven't owned any of their cases, but I have heard that they are good.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #22,508 of 42,765
About time that we had a good-quality, affordable case option for the Mojo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A6-EASECASE-Custom-Made-Leather-case-for-CHORD-MOJO-/282150057265?hash=item41b1743531:g:cMUAAOSwawpXv8Ue

That looks identical to my Dignis case but it does not say it on the case that I can see.

Found this on the Lotoo Paw Gold thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/744346/introducing-lotoo-paw-gold/2400#post_12852863

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #22,511 of 42,765
What the flying ****** Apple! Oh *** and various other swear words and such!
Thx for the info steffi.

​Apple for many years has attempted to make their proprietary technology the only technology that works. The only true way to combat that is to stop buying their products. end of story.

Since there are other transport options to connect to Mojo, perhaps it is time to let go

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #22,512 of 42,765

​Apple for many years has attempted to make their proprietary technology the only technology that works. The only true way to combat that is to stop buying their products. end of story.

Since there are other transport options to connect to Mojo, perhaps it is time to let go

Ok I've tried it again this morning and it's working. No idea yesterday why it didn't but Music to Mojo with Lavricable is working right now.

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #22,514 of 42,765
  Does calling someone "fanboy" mean the discussion is ended?

Back to hearing the Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl and old Jessie Mathews movies via Mojo and thanking England for some fun. 

Who knows man?

Personally I had many uncertainties with the Mojo along the way. However once you have found your way around the Mojo foibles, the Mojo rewards you endlessly.

I just listened to an amazing piano piece, followed by Balcony Scene (Romeo and Juliet) by Craig Armstrong: on Classic FM. That's at only 128kbps. Yet it was all deeply involving, moving, and very presentable at this low bit-rate. Then when I connect PC and play my CDs ripped the meatier presentation of fuller bit-rates is rewarding.

I wouldn't call me a fan-boy but I love what my Mojo does with music. It's end-game for now, though I'd love a TT. However it doesn't matter that I don't have a TT.

P.S. My music tastes vary hugely and Mojo caters for all. Hawkwind, ABBA, Rush, U2, some reggae, world music, (even one Adele track so far). You name the genre, there's probably some good music in it. About the only type of musics I don't like are those that go extremes. Like repetitious RAP, death metal, extreme punk.

To those who are picking on the Mojo, (not you Mr Hyatt), leave the Mojo alone. Unless you have something constructive to add. I am sure if you had something constructive to add, Mr Watts would be glad to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back