Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 9, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #22,471 of 42,765
Sep 9, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #22,473 of 42,765
I've read as much negative stuff / problems with the Chord Mojo, and that's the reason i can't risk buying it.

For consideration and perspective:

Said product has had universal praise from professional reviewers and audience alike.

Said product has been given awards universally.

Said product has been universally described in glowing terms. In "pro and con" listings, no "cons" of material, quality or manufacturing noted. "Cons" do not cover anything of substance. They include "color" or price.

Said product is currently approaching 25,000 entries here with no emergence of any manufacturing flaws in patterns.

We have had issues with Apple connectors or after market cables but no even negligible concerns on quality or manufacturing.

I write this to let you know that you might miss out on a game changer for no sensible cause and from what I've experienced,

It would be a shame to miss the show.

That's all.

The passion in the forum is overwhelming. I'm glad I didn't miss out.

Best,

Peter

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #22,474 of 42,765
For consideration and perspective:

Said product has had universal praise from professional reviewers and audience alike.

Said product has been given awards universally.

Said product has been universally described in glowing terms. In "pro and con" listings, no "cons" of material, quality or manufacturing noted. "Cons" do not cover anything of substance. They include "color" or price.

Said product is currently approaching 25,000 entries here with no emergence of any manufacturing flaws in patterns.

We have had issues with Apple connectors or after market cables but no even negligible concerns on quality or manufacturing.

I write this to let you know that you might miss out on a game changer for no sensible cause and from what I've experienced,

It would be a shame to miss the show.

That's all.

The passion in the forum is overwhelming. I'm glad I didn't miss out.

Best,

Peter

I don't dispute your claims, i've followed the thread from the begining, but you can't deny that there ARE a large number of posts, throughout the 25.000 entries,, of consumers complaining of problems with the Chord Mojo. That's the reality !
Personally, i think the passion is OTT. It's beyond "fanboys" level..

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #22,476 of 42,765
The mojo sounds great - when you can get it to connect to your mobile transport of choice. When you can't its just a nicely machined brick with coloured balls. :evil:

That is not a very common problem you have there. Vast majority of people (99.9%) have no problems with connecting Mojo to their preferred transfer.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #22,477 of 42,765
using apple products as transport with mojo gives better sound ? or using Mac book pro gives better sound with mojo ? why people are adamant of using overpriced apple gadgets with chord dacs ? I see no advantage of apple products over other cheaper alternatives. Rob has already pointed out of major flaw of Mac book. even if you have to use Uapp for Android , what is the harm ? may be some time in future you get foobar doing the same thing as Uapp free of cost. why apple users can't use a cheap Android or windows laptop just for the transport ? I don't see it as chord's problem at all.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #22,478 of 42,765
That is not a very common problem you have there. Vast majority of people (99.9%) have no problems with connecting Mojo to their preferred transfer.

2nd mojo - 2nd round of connection problems. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Maybe I need to buy yet another set of new cables.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #22,479 of 42,765
using apple products as transport with mojo gives better sound ? or using Mac book pro gives better sound with mojo ? why people are adamant of using overpriced apple gadgets with chord dacs ? I see no advantage of apple products over other cheaper alternatives. Rob has already pointed out of major flaw of Mac book. even if you have to use Uapp for Android , what is the harm ? may be some time in future you get foobar doing the same thing as Uapp free of cost. why apple users can't use a cheap Android or windows laptop just for the transport ? I don't see it as chord's problem at all.

Fair enough. I've had android otg problems as well. And the mojo is marketed as a means of makiong your mobile sound better - though you have to turn the mobile to airplane mode to do so without RF... :rolleyes:

Look I'm not saying its a bad product, I'm saying it is not nearly as idiot-proof as one might have hoped and expected. IME, IMHO etc

edited for egregious typos proving I'm the idiot :D

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #22,480 of 42,765
Fair enough. I've had android otg problems as well. And the mojo is marketed as a means of makiong your mobile sound better - though you have to turn the mobile to airplane mode to do so without RF... :rolleyes:

Look I'm not saying its a bad product, I'm saying it is not nearly as idiot-proof as one might have hoped and expected. IME, IMHO etc

edited for egregious typos proving I'm the idiot :D

Show me one external dac/amp that doesn't suffer from RF/EMI noise when connected to a device with wifi/cell radios.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #22,481 of 42,765
mojo is better than any other dac as far as rfi and emi rejection is concerned. use any other dac close to a mobile phone , you would get much more interference . even without airplane mode I have not heard any interference with mojo. although to my ears sound through Android and Uapp is slightly better than fiio x3, still I prefer fiio x3 as transport . so with mojo there are so many portable transport options not only phones . for me at the end of the day only sq matters. mojo is huge huge improvement over any dap or phone . mojo is so good that it is being used as source to showcase many thousands $ speakers by other brands .

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #22,482 of 42,765
Concerning RF/EMI I will try to add some 'Flexo Conductive' to my USB cable, later today.

Will report back and maybe add some pictures... If I succeed :wink:

Cheers

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #22,483 of 42,765
Let's see Mojo photos of either your portable rig or desktop with the Mojo!

I am interesting in learning from everyone how they carry, transport and desktop their Mojo.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #22,485 of 42,765
Let's see Mojo photos of either your portable rig or desktop with the Mojo!

I am interesting in learning from everyone how they carry, transport and desktop their Mojo.

I have been using this case to carry my Mojo and Fiio X3ii and few cables:
https://www.amazon.com/Mudder-Travel-Carrying-Cover-Nintendo-2DS/dp/B01FU86LU4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1473440854&sr=8-5&keywords=mudder+2ds

But I am purchasing this case as I find myself stacking the Mojo with my X3ii these days:
http://www.apecase.com/net/ac165.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back