Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 25, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #16,742 of 42,765
Trading with a head-fi'er. It's coming to the US, but honestly... I'm horrible with figuring out what the legally worded rupes actually mean. Coupled with different carrier (dhl vs ems) policies, I'm hopeless...

If it's packaged as a part of equipment it shouldn't be an issue, as long as the sender describes what the device is and that it contains a lithium battery as a part of the device. The restrictions apply to lithium batteries transported on passanger airlines that are not a part of a device (seperate batteries).

Here is the information regarding international laws regarding lithium battery transport:

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/lithium-battery-update.pdf

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #16,743 of 42,765
Thanks a lot for the help Relic. It's my first international trade and I'm at my wits' end.

If it's packaged as a part of equipment it shouldn't be an issue, as long as the sender describes what the device is and that it contains a lithium battery as a part of the device. The restrictions apply to lithium batteries transported on passanger airlines that are not a part of a device (seperate batteries).

Here is the information regarding international laws regarding lithium battery transport:

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/lithium-battery-update.pdf

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #16,744 of 42,765
Lol, I get it you love your Mojo, but have you ever heard of PHA-3 in balanced ?
I don't have strictly balanced cables, and Mojo has credits due where it rightfully does. But I don't agree with people who vaguely state Mojo is better than a quality and dedicated Balanced device.

Anyways, after all, I just want to say if you bought a Mojo and modded it to be balanced, you bought a wrong device. Mojo does beautifully for what it was designed to do, and why mod it to bring negative effects (reduced dynamic range) and even to bother buying a balanced cables on top of that ?

I do also get the point of being a tinkerer myself, and also love modding, but my rule of thumb is never mod to bring about negatives from any gears, period.

I have. I'm not a fan of Sony sound. The treble sounds weird for my taste.

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #16,745 of 42,765
Are there any other headphones that compare to the Shure se846 around the same price range that does not produce a hiss with the mojo?  I'm trying to decide whether I will get a different portable DAC or just look at different earphones instead of the shure se846.

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #16,746 of 42,765
  Are there any other headphones that compare to the Shure se846 around the same price range that does not produce a hiss with the mojo?  I'm trying to decide whether I will get a different portable DAC or just look at different earphones instead of the shure se846.

do you use ferrite cores to reduce RF noise ?

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #16,747 of 42,765

I have not tried it myself, but from what people that have the se846 and the mojo say, there is a slight hiss.  I'm not sure if I want to pluck down 1k on the shures and have this problem.  

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #16,748 of 42,765

I have not tried it myself, but from what people that have the se846 and the mojo say, there is a slight hiss.  I'm not sure if I want to pluck down 1k on the shures and have this problem.  

that Hiss is because of noise, 846 is very high sensitive IEM.
you can do a small test, use 2 ferrite cores putting on each side of cable, u may find zero hiss :)

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #16,749 of 42,765
you can do a small test, use 2 ferrite cores putting on each side of cable, u may find zero hiss :)

where can I find ferrite cores?  And do they go inside the usb portion of the cable connecting the phone to the mojo, or is it the 3.5mm jack going into the mojo?

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #16,750 of 42,765

where can I find ferrite cores?  And do they go inside the usb portion of the cable connecting the phone to the mojo, or is it the 3.5mm jack going into the mojo?

I bought it from Aliexpress, its less than $5.
It's like a cylindrical clip, you have to clip on the each side of the digital cable, just over the cable. You can find this ferrita cores in every pc computer's VGA/HDMI cables :)

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #16,751 of 42,765
  I bought it from Aliexpress, its less than $5.
It's like a cylindrical clip, you have to clip on the each side of the digital cable, just over the cable. You can find this ferrita cores in every pc computer's VGA/HDMI cables :)

I'll definitely give it a shot!  Now i know what those thick cylindrical things were on digital cables!

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #16,752 of 42,765
Any mojo users here streamed hifi quality over tidal to listen to james bay new album? On my limited portable set up it sounds superb.

Anyone with a mojo and decent headphones/IEM's I would think would be in for a real treat. When people talk about good quality mastered albums, is this an example of a well mastered album? It's an incredible album either way

I haven't yet but thanks for the recommendation I shall have a look (listen)

What's the album called?

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #16,753 of 42,765

I haven't yet but thanks for the recommendation I shall have a look (listen)

What's the album called?

Is it called "The Chaos and the Calm"? Which, by the way, is rated as "red" in the dynamic range database. http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/99600

But let it be stated that it's not a dig at the music. I enjoy albums by Fleet Foxes and Bon Iver, which don't get decent dynamic range ratings either.

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #16,754 of 42,765
  Is it called "The Chaos and the Calm"? Which, by the way, is rated as "red" in the dynamic range database. http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/99600

But let it be stated that it's not a dig at the music. I enjoy albums by Fleet Foxes and Bon Iver, which don't get decent dynamic range ratings either.

beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #16,755 of 42,765

Out of interest I decided to look up one of my favourite albums which, since I have ripped from CD, I play all the time.
It's one I had originally on Vinyl and probably still do somewhere (my vinyl has been archived for some time)

Bunny Wailer "Blackheart Man"
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Bunny+Wailer+&album=Blackheart+man

I was pleasantly surprised

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back