Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #15,826 of 42,765
Have you tried a battery cycle? Full to dead to full again.

4 hours after full charge seems to warrant a trip to e-earphone.

Thanks for the reply
beerchug.gif

I will be contacting e-earphone.

Apr 12, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #15,827 of 42,765
Have you tried a battery cycle? Full to dead to full again.

4 hours after full charge seems to warrant a trip to e-earphone.
So by fully charghing then running the Mojo until it stops will help in what way? Extends battery life on the following charge?

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #15,829 of 42,765
So by fully charghing then running the Mojo until it stops will help in what way? Extends battery life on the following charge?
Don't run it dead. But before it is, I'm not sure what the ideal number is, I believe 20% or so. It recalibrates the battery or something like that. :grinning:

Exactly. Re-calibration of the battery meter is done this way on pretty much all lithium based devices. Even recommended by our good friends at Apple. I was noticing a slight reduction in battery life when it was brought up way earlier in the thread and did a cycle (blinking red, never to full drain - ever) and it seemed to help. Of course I didn't use a stop watch, but it seemed to help and the battery is definitely lasting 8.5 to 9 hours per charge for me.

A good read on best practices for Lithium battery lifespan:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

and this:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #15,831 of 42,765
Exactly. Re-calibration of the battery meter is done this way on pretty much all lithium based devices. Even recommended by our good friends at Apple. I was noticing a slight reduction in battery life when it was brought up way earlier in the thread and did a cycle (blinking red, never to full drain - ever) and it seemed to help. Of course I didn't use a stop watch, but it seemed to help and the battery is definitely lasting 8.5 to 9 hours per charge for me.

A good read on best practices for Lithium battery lifespan:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

and this:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries
Love it when the light is Blue. Once its not Blue Im in panic mode.

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #15,832 of 42,765
As far as I remember, Mojo battery type is unknown. So is it lithium?

It's Lithium Polymer. Chord had one developed specifically for the Mojo over three years and I'm guessing it's special for the power and thermal tolerances.

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #15,833 of 42,765
Hi guys, im going to start my new combo and i have some questions...

# My Combo
- Shure se846 + Silver Dragon Cable V1 + OTG cable from moon-audio too
- Chord Mojo

# Devices
( I dont know what to use as transport and is the best )
- Galaxy S4 ( i already have )
- Galaxy Note 4 ( i'm think to buy )

So... i would like to know if the Galaxy S4 is a good idea to me use with the Combo,
and i'll use ( just as a DAP-Transport ) the S4, with 128gb sd to listen songs offline and 
using the  Spotify and Tidal.

1 = The S4 will get the same result quality sound as the Note 4?
2 = The equalizer ( on android ) i should put all off, even that i'll use spotify and Tidal?
3 = The silver dragon v1 is a good cable?
4 = The OTG cable silver too ( from moon ) is a good on to ( connect Mojo with my Android )?

Thanks!
Wait some help of you guys!

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #15,835 of 42,765
Using my Dac on my desktop while charging it starts to get a bit toasty (not as hot as my SMSL M8).  But I just realize that putting in on its side seems to cool very very well.  It doesn't even feel warm when on its side while charging, closer to room temperature than warm.  Basically doubling the surface area.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #15,836 of 42,765
Does anybody know the battery capacity on the Mojo? sometimes i use a 5000mah external battery, which the Mojo completely drains, and it barely goes to green level(i get about 4--5 hours of use after this charge). Also, i read that Chord recommends charging from a 1A/5V source. Is there any problem if i charge with a 2A/5V iPad charger? Honestly i didn't check to see if it shortens the charging time. 
The thing is i travel a lot, and i prefer to have with me a single 2A charger, which i can use for my iPhone, iPad, and hopefully for the Mojo.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #15,837 of 42,765
  Does anybody know the battery capacity on the Mojo? sometimes i use a 5000mah external battery, which the Mojo completely drains, and it barely goes to green level(i get about 4--5 hours of use after this charge). Also, i read that Chord recommends charging from a 1A/5V source. Is there any problem if i charge with a 2A/5V iPad charger? Honestly i didn't check to see if it shortens the charging time. 
The thing is i travel a lot, and i prefer to have with me a single 2A charger, which i can use for my iPhone, iPad, and hopefully for the Mojo.

5V/2A is the best solution than 5V/1A.
And yes it does shorten the charging time.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #15,840 of 42,765
Really bro? the 5V 2A is better then 5V 1A? why so? whats the difference on the (A) between time, charge or something?
I have 2 charges here over 5V 1A, and i was considering to buy the iphone 6 charger that's 5V 1A

1A is the minimum that the Mojo requires and many chargers are over spec'd (some 1A chargers do not charge the Mojo) so it's safer to use a 2A charger. The Mojo will take what it needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back