Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 5, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #4,021 of 42,765
  jesus.. f* me.

the mere mention of someone at the grado owner thread led me here..
just now ordered me some mojo rather impulsively.. this after placing an order for the aune x1s maybe a week ago. returning that sharpish. it is supposed to arrive tomorrow lol.

i'll be pairing these with modded grados: new symphones magnum v6s released fairly recently.
symphones are to release 3d cup models specifically intended for the v6 as well.
being rather amateurish to all of this still, i'm sure people might thumb their nose at the notion that low impedance headphones may be entirely inapt for this sort of thing. shrug.
i'm just drawn to the idea of getting fantastic value. in other words, sound.

this coming from a person whose only ever owned (for the past five years)
ath-ad700s
and
hotusb1

the unanimity of the reviews just had me by the scruff of the neck.

I happened to be talking to Grado's UK-Distributor today and he was getting rave reviews about Mojo & Grado 325i pairing from several 'professional' Reviewers, great match according to him.

He also lent me the GS1000e for the Hugo-TT Tour, you can read the ongoing reviews on the link below, next review should be up in just over a week... btw enjoy your Mojo...
normal_smile .gif

Link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-hugo-tt

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #4,022 of 42,765
I'm not sure who spoke to who at chord but I can tell you firmly that any noise directly coming from Mojo is not normal and the unit should be returned to your retailer for immeadiate replacement. There are a few units still out there with this problem that I've posted about earlier.

Hi John,

For those of us not all that technically minded would you mind briefly explaining a bit more about what the function of the regulator is and what problems it might pose if faulty (if any) aside from the noise mentioned?

I know you say that any noise coming directly from the Mojo isn't normal but are we talking within normal earshot or even at very close range? In use, whether charging or not, I notice a slight high pitched 'chirruping' from mine (a bit like a low RPM PC fan) but only with the Mojo pressed directly against my ear. Presuming this is normal?

Thank you. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #4,023 of 42,765
I got mine from Moon Audio today. Been charging for about 2 hours now. I did listen to it for a few minutes, sounds pretty good out of the box. I tried a couple of dsd tracks.... and the sample freq light was purple? 384khz. I set Jriver  to do dsd over DOP. Any ideas? I'm using JRMC19.

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #4,025 of 42,765

. This one is option 3 our favourite option one was disregarded earlier

My vote also goes to this design.

I'd like the silver Mojo which seems to be lurking inside as well please.:hugging:

However what happens (to either solution) if someone wants to clip on one of the proposed add-on modules?

Ian

I don't anticipate that those cases will be particularly expensive - therefore, it might be quite viable to produce standard-sized versions and also extended versions, to simultaneously encompass both the Mojo and an attached add-on module. This could also confer a nice benefit of reinforcing the 'join' between the Mojo and the add-on.

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #4,026 of 42,765
DIY coax digital cable for Fiio X3 to Mojo for ~$12 via our friends at Amazon. Will likely work with other Fiio's or DAPs using coax out, but I have personally tested it on the X3 so I know it works there. 

One of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TX46IOG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
(FYI ships from HK so can take a while)

Two of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I965ZC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Done and done

Cheers

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #4,028 of 42,765
Can the Mojo be used as a DAC to line out (press down both volume buttons during startup sequence, 3V) to a Mjolnir 2? What cable would I need?

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #4,029 of 42,765
Can the Mojo be used as a DAC to line out (press down both volume buttons during startup sequence, 3V) to a Mjolnir 2? What cable would I need?

Yes. Something like this is all you need.

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #4,030 of 42,765
Yes. Something like this is all you need.

Thanks, what is the exact technical description of such a cable, something to RCA? 

The backstory is I am looking to setup my first desktop rig with DAC and AMP and headphones. Ideally it would be Gumby with Mjolnir 2 with LCD-4 but I want to take it step by step as I can't afford to acquire everything at once. So if I get Mojo I would have a good DAC and can therefore get the Mjolnir 2 first to drive the cans without also getting Gumby simultaneously and declaring bankruptcy   

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #4,031 of 42,765
Thanks, what is the exact technical description of such a cable, something to RCA? 

The backstory is I am looking to setup my first desktop rig with DAC and AMP and headphones. Ideally it would be Gumby with Mjolnir 2 with LCD-4 but I want to take it step by step as I can't afford to acquire everything at once. So if I get Mojo I would have a good DAC and can therefore get the Mjolnir 2 first to drive the cans without also getting Gumby simultaneously and declaring bankruptcy   

3.5mm male TRS (stereo) to RCA stereo male.

I haven't heard the Gungnir multibit or the Mjolnir2 so I can't comment on the sound (by all accounts it should be great).

I'd be interested to know if the Mojo can drive the LCD-4... :wink_face:

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #4,032 of 42,765
I had to leave Stereo Exchange in NYC because I could not get it to work on the NOTE 4. My friend had a Samsung Galaxy S5 and would not work on that one either? The guy Ron put it on his NOTE 5 worked with no problem. Went across street to get the OTG Cable but they were out of them. I turned the phone off and the MOJO. Turned my phone on then the MOJO and it still did not work? I had to leave the store without it! I could not spend $600 on it and could not get it to work. I am really bummed! What is the solution?? I also got the APP soundabout and that did nothing for me either. I need a real solution. I have LOLLIPOP 5.0.1. Please let me know for sure its the OTG CABLE I need before I leave from NJ to ride two trains to go back to NYC. Thanks in ADVANCE.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #4,033 of 42,765
Hi all,

I just picked up my mojo. I got a question about charging. I found it said I need 10 hours charging before first use, but when I plugged it with a 2 amp charger, the lights flashed as white then they all turned off. So that's means it's full charged or I still need 10 hours charging before my first use?

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #4,034 of 42,765
  Hi all,

I just picked up my mojo. I got a question about charging. I found it said I need 10 hours charging before first use, but when I plugged it with a 2 amp charger, the lights flashed as white then they all turned off. So that's means it's full charged or I still need 10 hours charging before my first use?

Try turning it on and seeing what the lights on the buttons/balls do. The two volume buttons should come on (usually both red to start) and then the power button should run through a rainbow of colors. If there's no signal the power button will then go dark, but the volume buttons will stay on. Give it a shot. Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back