Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 6, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #4,052 of 42,765
Bump.
Any X3ii users out there?

Choose your length and connections:

http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-mini-coax-digital-cable-hifiman-player.html

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #4,054 of 42,765
thanks a lot for this. I will contact Moon Audio and check for final compatibility with the X3ii. But I guess they can make something up if needed.

Cheers!

They have an option for the X3ii specifically for the source end, and the Mojo specifically for the receiving end. Choose these and your length.

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #4,055 of 42,765
They have an option for the X3ii specifically for the source end, and the Mojo specifically for the receiving end. Choose these and your length.

aha! sorry, i did not check the "source" and "receiving" pull downs 
beerchug.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #4,056 of 42,765
Still unsure whether it is a blessing or a curse that I read comments about line out / amping... Suppose it validates my purchase of the Pure II+ as a plus, but now having my cube in my pocket...

Damn does it sound good though :)

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #4,057 of 42,765
for future reference,

i'm looking at the elac b6s as a speaker system for my laptop someday.
am i correct in assuming the b6s aren't powered? that they'll need a dedicated amplifier of their own?
is it possible that the mojo could serve this purpose? if not an amp, could it function as a preamp for the b6?

will i probably need another dedicated piece to make it all work together?

laptop > mojo > amp > b6?

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #4,059 of 42,765
  I got mine from Moon Audio today. Been charging for about 2 hours now. I did listen to it for a few minutes, sounds pretty good out of the box. I tried a couple of dsd tracks.... and the sample freq light was purple? 384khz. I set Jriver  to do dsd over DOP. Any ideas? I'm using JRMC19.

Did you control the settings of the "DSP & output format"  of J River ?

May be these settings resample to 384 kHz ?

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #4,060 of 42,765
I looked up the Layla's yesterday, are they as amazing as everyone says?
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder, and for me, these are as good as it gets, if you like a clear, well extended sound at least... I cannot really imagine someone who is into valves being into these, but could be wrong.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #4,061 of 42,765
I have only used valve amps at home for over twenty years, good valve amps sound flat and accurate, not lush and woolly.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #4,062 of 42,765
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder, and for me, these are as good as it gets, if you like a clear, well extended sound at least... I cannot really imagine someone who is into valves being into these, but could be wrong.

Interesting point, Duncan. I've found that a warmer sound sig applied to a very crisp sound sig can be the perfect combo (or I suppose it can just wind up spoiling the USPs of both!)

I warmed up the Hugo sound a little with a more mid-range IEM and / or warmer earphone cable. Conversely, pairing a crisper-sounding cable (silver in construction, IIRC) with the ALO CDM, which runs on tubes, led to a sound that melded the best of the Hugo (more clinical but wonderfully detailed and precise) with the CDM (warmer and more musical).

I've been thinking about the Layla's for a while. I reckon they'd sound great with the CDM too.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #4,063 of 42,765
Will not be using a tablet myself, as I prefer DAP use via Co-ax. But just out of interest tried a Tesco Hudl 2 Android tablet (in case anyone has one) and it connected immediately using a standard micro USB to micro USB cable.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #4,064 of 42,765
I received yesterday my new unit which replaced the faulty one.

I tested only spdif input until now. For the new unit, the problem is solved: no whining noise whatever the manner I listen the Mojo (charging or not) even if I press my ear on the Mojo.

I heard only a slight whining (ear pressed) when switching on the Mojo which disappeared quickly after like a click of a relay (to select the suitable digital input ?).

So I was wondering if the issue of my Mojo was related to this point (selection of the digital input).

I am now totally satisfied. I hope the problem is behind me.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #4,065 of 42,765
  I got mine from Moon Audio today. Been charging for about 2 hours now. I did listen to it for a few minutes, sounds pretty good out of the box. I tried a couple of dsd tracks.... and the sample freq light was purple? 384khz. I set Jriver  to do dsd over DOP. Any ideas? I'm using JRMC19.

No that's not correct. You need to ensure you have the Mojo driver selected and set option Bitstreaming: DSD for it to feed DSD direct to the Mojo otherwise it will down-sample to max of 768kHz (assuming you have set options correct here too).

JRMC21 definitely plays 64DSD correctly showing white on the Mojo but I recently got a 256DSD and JRiver down-samples that for some reason even though Mojo itself will play 256DSD (as proved out of mu Note4 with UAPP. Still looking into this).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back