Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 26, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #2,326 of 42,765
because Mojo will grow in size... purrfect for phones as my old cat would of said... :wink_face:

Please please offered at least 2 add-on module for the Mojo!
1) a even better amp (like Ak380 external amp)
2) a DAP with touchscreen with dual SD card slot!

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #2,328 of 42,765
Please please offered at least 2 add-on module for the Mojo!
1) a even better amp (like Ak380 external amp)
2) a DAP with touchscreen with dual SD card slot!

Would love #2 as well, but that doesn't sound like an add-on module, but rather a whole new product. Cheers 

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #2,329 of 42,765
Second setup essentially identical to mine - and, I have the QP1R too :)

How do you compare the LCDX to the Layla (on the respective setups)?

Hankering after a full sized (home based) headphone to compliment my portable setup :)

A few years back after I got the Shure 846 I found I preferred listening to them over my HD800 and PS1000 with my portable set ups.
That's why I moved on to the Laylas which improve on the Shure. Then I got the Audeze and they just blew me away.
The Laylas are great but I prefer the LCDX in that there is even more detail to the music.
But I like the portability of the Layla/mojo/ak100 set up.

and yes I can play 24bit 192 files with the optical output of the AK100. I can't use my old AK240 sysconcept cable as it has to bend to much. The secret I found with the AK100 is don't use those adaptors but an ordinary optical cable with the right connections works fine.

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #2,332 of 42,765
Wow, maximum kudos to SysConcepts, have been emailing with Joseph there, and - super speedy turnaround time on communications, and - tracking information provided within approx. 5 mins of them receiving my order!

A great experience so far - well recommended, especially on the assumption this optical cable will make my micro stack even smaller :D

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #2,336 of 42,765
What's the function of the addon acc to make the AK's unwanted?

Luke, there was a blog post on moon audio by Dave. Some prototypes were to add apple compatibility, another idea tossed around was a module with sd card storage, so probably a display less dap like the alien etc.
But no confirmation yet.. They are still on prototype stage!!

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #2,337 of 42,765
Luke, there was a blog post on moon audio by Dave. Some prototypes were to add apple compatibility, another idea tossed around was a module with sd card storage, so probably a display less dap like the alien etc.
But no confirmation yet.. They are still on prototype stage!!

Here it is http://blog.moon-audio.com/chord-mojo-review/

I was treated to a sneak peak at a cool Mojo add on. Chord will have a 4 accessory butt plate that will plug into the end to hold digital connections.

I played with a prototype 3D printed piece. The printed plate swallowed up an Apple CCK cable thus providing a nice and short connection to your Apple iPhones and iPads.

Chord Mojo Accessory for Digital Connections
Chord Mojo Accessory for Digital Connections

Chord Mojo & iPhone 6
Chord Mojo & iPhone 6

It is cumbersome to use an Apple CCK dongle along with a USB cable to hook up non-Apple MFI certified Amp/Dacs to Apple iPhones and iPads. Chord’s new plate solves that pain in a short neat clean way.

The other plates will be a Bluetooth, a Wifi (UPNP) and/or a SD card reader. The Bluetooth butt plate allows connection to Bluetooth without cables (need to hear this as cables usually produce better sound). The Wifi butt plate allows connection to an UPNP device like a computer to pull audio from a mass music library. And the SD card reader is for audio file storage.

These new Chord add ons will be similar to the Aurender Flow. The Aurender Flow also acts as an external hard drive when connecting to a tablet or computer with a single USB such as the Microsoft Surface. These devices tend to have small internal memory. Chord’s add ons provide an external place to store and connect music files.

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #2,338 of 42,765
Thanks @maxedfx.

Good to know that these accessories can add functionalities to the mojo. Will be watching this space...

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #2,339 of 42,765
Picked up a Mojo this morning. After hearing the hyper I had to try it. After spending most of the day with it my impressions are mixed. Firstly, it sounds ok. It's fairly clean but is a bit dry. My Fiio X3ii has more of a warmer, engaging and Cosey sound to it where as the Mojo is more lean. It's not bad lean, it's detailed, I wouldn't say it's airy but it isn't really what I'd call fully warm either.

Vocals sound a bit lean, I'm using a Project Ember II with a Mullard so obviously that is going to sound more lush and fleshed out in the vocals. From everything I've read it seems like it's another hyper job. It isn't bad at all, it's actually good but by the way people go on about it you'd think its the best thing ever! Lol.

Compared to my Dragonfly 1.2 I'd say it's a little more detailed but it isn't as musical. I'm not saying it's not musical at all but compared to what I have, it's not as warm and lush as I tend to like. I think it's a good match for those warm, lush headphones if you want to thin them down and make them show more detail. Over all, good dac.

I love the way this thing looks by the way! The lights are awesome. I think the name is stupid haha but that's just being picky! I do think it's a little over priced! Sounds on par with my other gear but has a different sound to it(same with all gear too be honest)

Overall I like it, it has a place in my collection for sure but just not at the moment so gonna return it to try something else. If it was a little warmer, lusher more fleshed out on the vocals I would be keeping it!

My A12's are a bit bass heavy and warm at times, this could be just what I need to make them more neutral.

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #2,340 of 42,765
^ just goes to show this hobby is highly subjective. I just compared X3II with Mojo and my personal preference tells me the Mojo is better. The X3II is warmer has a noticeable boost on mid bass compared to Mojo. Making X3II sound muddier while Mojo is very clear and outstanding with exposing every bit of details in the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back