Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 16, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #558 of 42,765
On day three of playing with the MoJo I think the thing that impresses me the most is the instrument (and general) separation, everything is pinpointed so accurately in the sound space.

Probably aided by the freq-phase of the Layla's (all about the timing!) but definitely do not get the same level out of the Hugo (better synergy I would say rather than better product overall)...

Hasn't stopped impressing me yet!

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #559 of 42,765
  Interested in hearing more impressions compared to HA-2.  I am pretty tempted to jump in blindly on this one.

Much, much better than the HA-2.  As soon I heard the mojo I sold the HA-2.
biggrin.gif

HA-2 does look better stacked with a phone than the mojo. 
confused.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #562 of 42,765
I can't remember the last time (or even if)  I wanted to do an impulse buy so badly. At this year's CanJam in Germany the Hugo was the best source for my NT-6. I planned on buying a new DAP (X7, Onkyyo DP-X1). But now I don't really care that much about usability/interface. I just want some Mojo for my X5. Don't even know why I want a single box DAP, cause I'm probably listening 99% of the time at home. I have a feeling this product will be mine soon... 

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #564 of 42,765

Could you please explain why this should not work with Mojo? Didi you already tried that cable? Other USB DACs (i.e. from Onkyo) working fine too with the Oppo Sony USB cable ( http://world.taobao.com/item/45493617058.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.rxc9GH#detail ).

Yes, I did try that cable from Amazon. For this cable to work with Oppo, they have included a 20K Ohm resistor between pins-4 and 5 on the micro-usb side.
I remove the resistor and shorted pins-4 and 5, to see if it will work with HUGO. It didn't.

For it to work with HUGO, we need the Sony's WMC-NWH10. The above cable, looks like it isn't. 

The cable below, I linked is based of WMC-NWH10 (hence the larger housing and significantly higher price), they've just trimmed the usb female to micro-usb. 

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #565 of 42,765
Moon Audio sells two types one is silver and the other is copper. Or get them from Apple Store!

Moon Audio's cables do not have CCK chip in them. Will not work with HUGO/Mojo. They're for devices with MFi chip inside.

These are the one cable solutions, confirmed to work.
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Lightning-to-Chord-Hugo-interconnect-cable-Iphone-5-6-/171952447720?hash=item28092a20e8:g:rsoAAOSw9r1WCmub

sorry, guys, temporary out of stock. Will be available soon. Current price is incorrect.
If anybody is interested, just drop me pm, I'll put you on top of the list :)

Apple with right-angled connectors on both ends (iOS 9.X verified)

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=44240667193

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #566 of 42,765
On day three of playing with the MoJo I think the thing that impresses me the most is the instrument (and general) separation, everything is pinpointed so accurately in the sound space.

Probably aided by the freq-phase of the Layla's (all about the timing!) but definitely do not get the same level out of the Hugo (better synergy I would say rather than better product overall)...

Hasn't stopped impressing me yet!

One of the most standout features of my ADEL A12's is their instrument separation, apparently a result of the adel module.  Wonder if you can have too much of a good thing, if with the hugo + adel the instrument separation will be insane and distracting from the overall experience.  I've heard this said about the QP1R + ADEL.

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #567 of 42,765
not at all, it is very engaging, no longer a wall of sound (not that it was, but you hopefully get what I mean)

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #568 of 42,765
  Yes, I did try that cable from Amazon. For this cable to work with Oppo, they have included a 20K Ohm resistor between pins-4 and 5 on the micro-usb side.
I remove the resistor and shorted pins-4 and 5, to see if it will work with HUGO. It didn't.

For it to work with HUGO, we need the Sony's WMC-NWH10. The above cable, looks like it isn't. 

The cable below, I linked is based of WMC-NWH10 (hence the larger housing and significantly higher price), they've just trimmed the usb female to micro-usb. 

there have many that's been disappointed trying to connect Walkman's to the Hugo via a single cable WM-Port>mini-USB, to my knowledge none have worked to date (I'm taking 18months)... the cable to the left of the WMC-NWH10 looks like it might work but no-one has confirmed this in the 6-7months its been out.

On the move (shopping etc.) I tend to Bluetooth the ZX2>Hugo, with all the background noise going on pin-point SQ is not high on my list where eye-candy takes preference (male urges & all that). For longer journeys such as train etc. I use the WMC-NWH10+USB>mini-USB cable, at home I use the Walkman-Dock>Hugo which is a absolute boon for streaming, hth...
normal_smile .gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #569 of 42,765
  I can't remember the last time (or even if)  I wanted to do an impulse buy so badly. At this year's CanJam in Germany the Hugo was the best source for my NT-6. I planned on buying a new DAP (X7, Onkyyo DP-X1). But now I don't really care that much about usability/interface. I just want some Mojo for my X5. Don't even know why I want a single box DAP, cause I'm probably listening 99% of the time at home. I have a feeling this product will be mine soon... 

i give you 48 hours, tops 
tongue.gif

buy it - YOLO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back