1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977
979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988
Next

Last
  1. AndrewH13
    While away for a week I've been using my DX90 without Mojo. Something I've suspected for a while but finally got round to testing, music is appearing louder on right ear, and moving channel balance in DAP to -2 or -3 corrected things.

Soon as I got home I tried coax to Mojo and as the bitstream is pure, there is no changing of levels by altering on DAP. Anyone else have this problem or have a DAP whose balance change does remain in output to Mojo?

2. noobandroid
    maybe issue with the headphone jack of dx90? cause mine doesn't have such problem,

3. AndrewH13

My ears unfortunately I believe, having switched over left and right.

4. Rob Watts
    I have posted my first blog post:

Its about listening tests...

Rob

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    onsionsi, LaMosca, uzi2 and 5 others like this.
  5. tuna47
    Anyone suggest the least expensive DAP that will work well with mojo

6. x RELIC x Contributor

I recommend this single first post in your blog to anyone who is interested in sound, what we hear, and why.

Very well presented in a thoughtful way Rob. Thank you.

iuXnKvwKtuqNq.gif

7. mrback
    Can anyone recommend a cable to use with my mojo to a fiio x5 2nd gen. I did have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm fiiO cable which worked just fine with my dx50 but does not work with my X5, god damn!!!!!!!!!!!

8. TheTrace
    To add on to this, are there any DAPs (or smartphones) that perform better or worse with mojo?

9. Ike1985

Yes.  Apple phones will output bitperfect from all your apps to the mojo, for example; youtube, bandcamp, etc.  Android will force upsample(and thus make sound like crap) everything that isn't run through UAPP or Onkyo.  So, you can run tidal or actual albums you own through UAPP, with Onkyo you  have no tidal support.  I'm currently frustrated that bandcamp doesn't have an option to output bit perfect to a usb dac, given that it's a music lovers app.  So my bandcamp sounds like dooty now since I've transitioned to an S7 edge, the android upscaling is to be avoided if possible, truly makes the sound garbage.

To sunmmarize; with android, albums you own digitally and can transfer to the phone AND tidal will sound great, everything else will sound like doo doo butter. 

With an iphone, everything will sound great, including youtube, bandcamp, tidal, stitcher, and any albums you own digitally.  Hate android native upsampling, so stupid.

10. x RELIC x Contributor

Because the second generation FiiO DAPs share the line-out with coaxial-out and the pin configuration is different. On the second generation the coaxial signal is on the sleeve instead of the tip and the ground is on the second ring instead of the first.

If you read the third post the information is in there.

You can see the pin configuration with the included adaptor here:

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40478

11. Blasyrkh
    slightly exaggerated assertion imo

headmanPL likes this.
  12. shigzeo Contributor
  13. esm87
    Been listening to UAPP but theres no sound coming out of poweramp when I switch back to that, the music plays but no sound?? Cant seem to find out how to do it

14. Mython Contributor

Perhaps this may be relevant?:

15. mrback
    I think the Ibasso dx50 is a good place to start, had mine for a couple of months & got the upgrade bug & replacing with a fiio x5 2nd gen.

First

Back
968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977
979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988
Next

Last