Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 14, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #13,276 of 42,765
5) Mojo definitely is a source - it is a source of joy for thousands of music-lovers around the world!
tongue.gif

6) 
beerchug.gif

Funny comment. Classic. Great stuff.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #13,279 of 42,765
Experiencing a few new Tidal -> Mojo issues that I can't find reference to after searching through the OP links for the last few hours.

Notes:
-The phone being used is an iphone 6. Version: 9.2.1 (13D15)
-The computer being used is running Windows 8.1
-The Tidal version is (W: 1.13.3--3)(NP: 2.3.7.0)
-The connection between the iphone is the standard Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.

When the Mojo is connected to my computer and I'm using the Tidal desktop app and the stream setting "use exclusive mode" is checked, a song being streamed will only play for a second or 2 before skipping to another song.

This is the same issue @psikey
was experiencing (Mentioned on page 316) before Tidal fixed the problem. It seems as though the issue has come back after their recent update which introduced the "use exclusive mode" option.

When using the Mojo out of my iphone 6, and utilizing Tidal with the streaming quality set to "Hifi", the Mojo displays as Red indicating 44Khz.

Experiencing the first second of songs being cut off when streaming through both the tidal desktop app on the computer, as well as the tidal app on my iphone 6.
I saw mention of this in one of the known issues linked in the OP, but it was referring to Android devices and not IOS/Windows computers.

1. Not sure

2. Tidal HiFi is not high resolution or high sampling rate. It is 16/44.1 LOSSLESS (CD quality) vs 16/44.1 Lossy compression. Red is the correct colour.

3. The 0.5 second cutoff is when Mojo sees a change in rates no matter what the source is. Some music software/players stop/start the music between songs and Mojo sees that as a change.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #13,280 of 42,765
Apple Lightning to USB adapter just stopped working.  $30 and it lasted...a week.   
Back to amazon for return!  

iPhone 6.  

Unless I did something...it appears that it is just this white Apple adapter.  

Should I try something else?

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #13,281 of 42,765
I don't consider Mojo a Source, that to me is a player (CD, Turntable, DAP). But it's certainly not an Amp, as Mython stated it cannot accept a Line In. So until Head Fi has an intermediate DAC section, it would seem in the best place.

That to me makes it an intermediate product that is not a Source, the CD transport is!! Source of a river is the very beginning :). It matters little though.

I'm in 100% agreement but who am I to argue? A Portable DAC section might be good. But it will probably still be just all about the Mojo.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #13,282 of 42,765
1. Not sure

2. Tidal HiFi is not high resolution or high sampling rate. It is 16/44.1 LOSSLESS (CD quality) vs 16/44.1 Lossy compression. Red is the correct colour.

3. The 0.5 second cutoff is when Mojo sees a change in rates no matter what the source is. Some music software/players stop/start the music between songs and Mojo sees that as a change.

Thank you for clearing those up, Relic. In regard to 1, I will be getting in contact with Tidal support tomorrow. If anyone is experiencing something similar, please feel free to chime in :wink:.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #13,283 of 42,765

Just so you know, I've been editing post #3, adding links almost every single day, ever since Day 1 of Mojos release.

In terms of altering the format of post #3, I have given that some thought, on a number of occasions, and I certainly wouldn't want anyone to think that I'm arrogantly assuming it to be 'already awesome' - I know it's quite basic & utilitarian, but that's basically what I'm aiming for!
normal_smile%20.gif

The thing is that there is already a seperate Wiki and FAQ, which would better serve that purpose, and they are linked at the top of post #3, for people who prefer that format. Also, as you noted, it'd be more work for me, and I already devote a lot of time to the thread, so the prospect of additional work is not something I relish.

I'm open to potentially changing it, if there is sufficient need to do so, but my current feeling is that although I acknowledge that the formatting wouldn't win journalism or copywriting prizes, it is still useful for post #3 to serve the function of enabling people to accurately & rapidly jump into the flow of conversation within the thread, so that they can witness various opinions & contributions surrounding any given topic, and thus gain a richer grasp of what their best options might be, rather than reading a static FAQ/Wiki (although that has its own merits in terms of being concise and pleasingly formatted).

So,  what with the existing Wiki and the link-format of post #3, I consider it a reasonable compromise, that gives people different options for finding the info they require, and, in the case of the link-format of post #3, making it easy for them to quote past dialogue and/or address specific head-fiers within the thread whom they have witnessed as being relevant people to ask for their specific enquiry.

Lastly, in spite of my efforts to include as many informative links as reasonably possible within post #3, an exasperatingly-large number of people seem either incapable or unwilling to do something as simple as read the title of the thread they are entering. To understate it politely, I don't think reformatting information will help those people.

beerchug.gif

Just a public vote of thanks to Mython for undertaking this task, which has been so helpful to all of us. Thanks Mython!!!

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #13,284 of 42,765
I'm really looking forward to the add-on module that turns Mojo into a pocket-DAVE :popcorn:

Not sure if I want a "Dave" in my pocket. :wink:

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #13,285 of 42,765
  Just a public vote of thanks to Mython ....

Cheers, buddy -   x RELIC x has also been v helpful, as have many of you, here. Overall, this has been one of the most constructive (and definitely the fastest-growing), threads I've ever participated in.

Without wishing to sound cheesy, I'm glad it's a fundamentally decent product, that stands on its own merits. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have been motivated to stick around and support the thread.

I'm also glad so many people are enjoying listening to Mojo, without having to go bankrupt in order to afford one. Honestly, I think we all benefit from companies bringing down the cost of high-end digital hardware, in a marketplace where far too many companies are trying to incessantly drive the prices upwards.

Apple Lightning to USB adapter just stopped working.  $30 and it lasted...a week.   

iPhone 6.  

I'm just curious - is your cable a 3rd-party CCK circumvention product, or is it a 100% genuine Apple-branded cable?

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #13,286 of 42,765

Cheers, buddy -   x RELIC x has also been v helpful, as have many of you, here. Overall, this has been one of the most constructive (and definitely the fastest-growing), threads I've ever participated in.

Without wishing to sound cheesy, I'm glad it's a fundamentally decent product, that stands on its own merits. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have been motivated to stick around and support the thread.

I'm also glad so many people are enjoying listening to Mojo, without having to go bankrupt in order to afford one. Honestly, I think we all benefit from companies bringing down the cost of high-end digital hardware, in a marketplace where far too many companies are trying to incessantly drive the prices upwards.

I'm just curious - is your cable a 3rd-party CCK circumvention product, or is it a 100% genuine Apple-branded cable?

100% genuine Apple.   

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #13,287 of 42,765

iPhone 6.  

100% genuine Apple.   

1) When you say it stopped working, can you be more descriptive about exactly what happened?

2) Are you using a beta iOS release?

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #13,288 of 42,765

1) When you say it stopped working, can you be more descriptive about exactly what happened?

2) Are you using a beta iOS release?

The music stopped flowing through the Mojo and just started playing out the iPhone.  So I checked the phone, and the Mojo separately; they are fine.  

I hit play on the iPhone with the Apple camera connection and the music only comes out through the iPhone speaker.  

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #13,289 of 42,765
That is quite strange, isn't it?

I guess we could go back & forth on this, at length, but I'll be interested to hear from you what happens when (if) you get a replacement cable from Amazon.

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you, but please do let us know what you find out, as it may help others, in future.

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #13,290 of 42,765
  That is quite strange, isn't it?

I guess we could go back & forth on this, at length, but I'll be interested to hear from you what happens when (if) you get a replacement cable from Amazon.

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you, but please do let us know what you find out, as it may help others, in future.

Will, do, and thanks, Mython.  I have been helped by the massive 3rd posting with all of its links on Mojo, and can only imagine the effort it took, and the hours spent making sense of the information:  thank you.  

I had purchased the Apple model because I had read that for the $10 savings, the 3rd market ones often...just stop working.  

I look forward to the module release by Chord where we can link to the iPhone.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back