Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 11, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #12,978 of 42,765
would be great if mojo could decode ac3 natively.

Technically Mojo doesn't decode any format. That's the job of the source player. The Mojo converts the digital bitstream to an analogue signal, not decode any format.

Besides, why would a 2 channel player decode a surround sound format.

Mar 11, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #12,979 of 42,765

I have found my endgame dac in the Chord Mojo. It's sound is just so transparent and effortless. Whilst exhibiting the most natural note attack and decay. I love that it is a dac with a gain stage and not a "dac/amp" in my opinion as it has really great synergy when paired with my Liquid Carbon. I was contemplating a Schiit Bifrost Multibit and had actually ordered one but then after reading various threads' impressions I cancelled in favor of the Mojo. I am so glad I did!

Mar 11, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #12,980 of 42,765
I'm constantly surprised by it as well, I'm finding many headphones which simply could not stand hardware EQ able to sustain massive amounts of sub bass EQing resulting in some headphones I couldn't do hardware boosting with amps like the iFi, Arrow 5TX, I can now boost strongly with the Mojo.

Bassheads will love this thing. As a basshead, I love it.

Mar 11, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #12,981 of 42,765
I'm constantly surprised by it as well, I'm finding many headphones which simply could not stand hardware EQ able to sustain massive amounts of sub bass EQing resulting in some headphones I couldn't do hardware boosting with amps like the iFi, Arrow 5TX, I can now boost strongly with the Mojo.

Bassheads will love this thing. As a basshead, I love it.

I'm a recovering Basshead and as such I instantly noticed the precise bass articulation and depth I was getting from my Alpha Dogs as well as my Noble Savants.

Mar 11, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #12,983 of 42,765

I have found my endgame dac in the Chord Mojo. It's sound is just so transparent and effortless. Whilst exhibiting the most natural note attack and decay. I love that it is a dac with a gain stage and not a "dac/amp" in my opinion as it has really great synergy when paired with my Liquid Carbon. I was contemplating a Schiit Bifrost Multibit and had actually ordered one but then after reading various threads' impressions I cancelled in favor of the Mojo. I am so glad I did!

i have a similar setup. What cables do you use from the mini to the mojo and from mojo to LC?

MBP → SDragon → Mojo → AQ Sky → LC

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #12,985 of 42,765

i have a similar setup. What cables do you use from the mini to the mojo and from mojo to LC?

MBP → SDragon → Mojo → AQ Sky → LC

Mac Mini--> MonoPrice USB cable--> Schiit Wyrd-->Astell&Kern USB cable--> Chord Mojo-->Monster InterLink MK II-->LC
   I am seriously considering the Dita Audio Van Den Hul 3.5mm to 3.5mm Interconnect. At some point I think I will be upgrading my USB cables but I am otherwise quite content for now. This is a rare state of being for me hahaha!
   I am due to take delivery of the JH Audio Angie 1st gen tomorrow and as I listen to my Grado RS1is right now; I am imagining how much more detail I will be experiencing with the Angies tomorrow.

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #12,986 of 42,765
Hi , guys , when i press all the 3 buttons to have the 3V fix output , in My MOJO the lights on  the 2 buttons (+ - ) are in violet not light blue . is there something wrong with that ? Thanks in advance .

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #12,987 of 42,765
As is noted in post #3, that adapter is a prototype.

It is currently under development, at Chord, and it is estimated to be approximately 6 months away.

There will (eventually) be more than one adapter available from Chord, so a simpler one may be available sooner, and more complex ones probably within a year (incidentally, I am not saying that in an official capacity)
This is the simple low cost adaptor. It will be available very shortly and it will come as part of a kit of optos cables of varying types and sets of chord printed bands etc. The Kit is labled 'get your Mojo working ' and is aimed at the new user who is not as well versed in buying cables as you guys are. These cables will be low cost but they are good quality and all function very well. These will get someone up and running quickly . We are sorry that this kit has taken us some time to pull together due mostly to many of these cable being special order types. The other module is far more complex it has far more capabilities and involves a fair portion of engineering so six months for that module may well be an underestimate. John E Franks

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #12,988 of 42,765
Thanks, I figured it was probably the phone. I've tried closing everything in the background but still no luck. I'm curious if the extra processing speed and RAM on the 6s is enough to play double or quad rate DSD smoothly or if it's something else entirely with iPhones that causes it.
DSD is far from being a perfect format with the music truly great reconstruction abilities you'd get from the processing that Mojo has you'd most likely get better results from a straight CD quality 44.1 kHz file, and no processor hiccups to boot!

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #12,989 of 42,765
Folks,

I think I will need to visit an audiologist to diagnose how much poorer the hearing in my right ear is.

Meanwhile, if I adjust channel balance in portable DAP (note, NOT a smartphone based software app), will the Mojo in turn output the adjustment via its output?

Or am I gonna have to forego DAP to Mojo connection to achieve some sanity in channel balance? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back