Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 24, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #11,926 of 42,765
Wow I get my head bit off for trying to ask a question, I figured it was only my mojo with thst gap there, but I guess it's normal and not a problem, I gotta be careful what I ask in here, don't want to offend anyone's purchase.

The Jacks don't move at all and sound is great, I just thought I had a bad built one, I don't recall ever dropping it, but the thing looks like it can handle a drop without prob, just don't understand the gap, no biggie.. Don't freak out people

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #11,927 of 42,765
Wow I get my head bit off for trying to ask a question, I figured it was only my mojo with thst gap there, but I guess it's normal and not a problem, I gotta be careful what I ask in here, don't want to offend anyone's purchase.

The Jacks don't move at all and sound is great, I just thought I had a bad built one, I don't recall ever dropping it, but the thing looks like it can handle a drop without prob, just don't understand the gap, no biggie.. Don't freak out people

Your question was kind of OCD induced. Your are worrying about nothing worth focusing on. Just enjoy your mojo and don't look for problems - your brain will invent them.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #11,928 of 42,765
Your question was kind of OCD induced. Your are worrying about nothing worth focusing on. Just enjoy your mojo and don't look for problems - your brain will invent them.

Haha probably so, had it for a few months and just now noticed, no big deal, was just hoping I didn't get a faulty one or dropped/damaged, glad it's normal

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #11,929 of 42,765
Haha probably so, had it for a few months and just now noticed, no big deal, was just hoping I didn't get a faulty one or dropped/damaged, glad it's normal

Mine is a tighter fit, but as one who does have OCD (treated) I would probably not have even noticed the gap on yours:p

Don't let these people bug you. I think everyone on headfi has a head cold right now, lots of cranky threads out there:)

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #11,930 of 42,765

I might have been a bit harsh, but I always love using that line. Still, I think it may ultimately be a good sign that this forum (this fantastic product) is bringing in a variable and new crowd to head-if/hi-if, from the OCD, people wondering what al, the fuss is about, those that won't even open the package for months, and those that want to understand why they would even need something like this (and how do you connect it?)

As a long-time hi-if guy, I'm relatively new to high-end head-fi and have been by default using the DAC in the Oppo bop-95 or inexpensive tube flavored DACs. But the desire (mostly on my family's part) to move to headphones has caused me to investigate uograding the headphone experience. It's been a quick progression from Apogee to Teac to Schiit to Cavalli and Mojo. But, as someone who has listened a lot and has spent a good deal of time and money on this reaction to the Mojo, mine included, is phenomenal. If that brings in more people (and not all of them will enjoy the same experience, which is fine), then that can only be good.

I will try to have the same patience, or the patience I wished, the high end audio store employees had with me when I was a 19 year old college student with a canned chili budget and Audio a Research taste.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #11,931 of 42,765
Now i realize why the Mojo doesn't remember the line out setting after turning off.

The thing is i use my Mojo as a desktop DAC at my home, connecting to the TV's toslink out, for that i use LIne out.
And in the morning i take the Mojo to my office.

Luckily, thank god, when i turn on the Mojo, it doesn't on with Line out,

Else either you will end up blowing your sensitive IEMs or your Ears :)

Obviously, we wont turn on the Mojo first without connecting the IEMs or headphones, and then will decrease the volume, and then connect the IEM, that would have been so complex :D

Thanks Chord, it was an intelligent decision not to remember the Line out volume setting. Better late than never, thanks again.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #11,932 of 42,765
I might have been a bit harsh, but I always love using that line. Still, I think it may ultimately be a good sign that this forum (this fantastic product) is bringing in a variable and new crowd to head-if/hi-if, from the OCD, people wondering what al, the fuss is about, those that won't even open the package for months, and those that want to understand why they would even need something like this (and how do you connect it?)

As a long-time hi-if guy, I'm relatively new to high-end head-fi and have been by default using the DAC in the Oppo bop-95 or inexpensive tube flavored DACs. But the desire (mostly on my family's part) to move to headphones has caused me to investigate uograding the headphone experience. It's been a quick progression from Apogee to Teac to Schiit to Cavalli and Mojo. But, as someone who has listened a lot and has spent a good deal of time and money on this reaction to the Mojo, mine included, is phenomenal. If that brings in more people (and not all of them will enjoy the same experience, which is fine), then that can only be good.

I will try to have the same patience, or the patience I wished, the high end audio store employees had with me when I was a 19 year old college student with a canned chili budget and Audio a Research taste.

This forum has been very helpful, informative and super patient with me. I've learned a lot and I appreciate the helpful people, always enjoying my music like never before.

I've noticed that certain files (I believe masters) for example (the same song at the same 24/96 or xx/xx) can sound more * in your face* and ***natively louder*** than the same track in the same xx/xx bit obtained from a different source, I suppose thr master?

I like the in your face forward sound, to me it sounds more hi-fi, more clear. I wish I could only find those types of masters for my tracks...
Anyways, mojo definitely brings the best sound to me from any track (not so much the low end mp3 and poor flacs) without fatigue.

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #11,934 of 42,765
  Never tried IEM that was even close to the sonic experience of a mid-fi open back pair of headphones.
Just my 2 cents.
Portability justifies IEMs, of course. But experiencing limitless sound quality with no compromise is only possible with open back full size hps. IMO.

What would you deem as being "mid-fi" HP's? I have a pair of HD600's and they probably compete with the Grado GR10's in some areas and are superceded by them in others and are definitely superceded by the K3003's in all areas. IMHO of course.

I would suggest you continue your quest for good IEM sound. It can be found. I've read quite a few thread posts in various forums saying that, for example the Noble K10 or A&K Angie or Layla are peoples preferred listens over full size HP's.

Indeed, there are many times that my K3003's are more involving musically than the T1's which is possibly higher level than "mid" on the open back front? Sure the T1's are more refined, but somehow the K3003s often bring me closer to the music, get me more emotionally involved.

Sorry for off topic BTW!

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #11,935 of 42,765
  Never tried IEM that was even close to the sonic experience of a mid-fi open back pair of headphones.
Just my 2 cents.
Portability justifies IEMs, of course. But experiencing limitless sound quality with no compromise is only possible with open back full size hps. IMO.

Again, not wishing to go off topic, but..
I attended the London CanJam last year. I'd always used IEM's and never listened to any high end headphones before, but I'd heard all the hype about the new HifiMan HE1000's at that time.
I tried them on their stall, expecting to be blown away, but was.. completely underwhelmed. I tried a few others that weekend too with similar results.

I can only describe my impression using an analogy: Imagine the difference between going to see a great 3D film at an IMAX/huge screen cinema with an incredible sound system.
Then compare that mentally with watching blu ray on a Hi-Def TV, but only a 28" one and sitting too far away (and with high quality sound system but volume a bit low).
I could clearly perceive the high quality, but there was there was an almost total lack of awe-inspiring immersion and up-close detail like I got with even low/mid-range IEM's (good ones, obviously).
This is in stark contrast to the effects of listening to some of the amazing IEM's there.

Well, this is just an opinion. It seems we're at polar opposite ends of the scale lol.
Personally, I'm baffled by all the people raving about headphones or expressing a preference for them, as you doubtless would be by those doing the same for IEM's.
Mind you, it does lead me to question whether I've missed something? Was it a psychoacoustic effect - lack of 'brain burn-in' for a new kind of audio experience?
Was it the equipment setup or the music files (I listened though Hugo and some huge amps if I recall correctly, so that seems unlikely!)?
Plus the fact that others listening next to me (and in my seat before me) were blown away by the sound..
Well, different folks, different strokes as they say..
Like most people on here, I guess I'm forever on the search for audio perfection, so I don't want to potentially miss out on something that's seemingly integral to so many users' ideal set up.
All advice and comments welcome :)

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #11,936 of 42,765

Just my 2 cents.

Again, not wishing to go off topic, but..
I attended the London CanJam last year. I'd always used IEM's and never listened to any high end headphones before, but I'd heard all the hype about the new HifiMan HE1000's at that time.
I tried them on their stall, expecting to be blown away, but was.. completely underwhelmed. I tried a few others that weekend too with similar results.

I can only describe my impression using an analogy: Imagine the difference between going to see a great 3D film at an IMAX/huge screen cinema with an incredible sound system.
Then compare that mentally with watching blu ray on a Hi-Def TV, but only a 28" one and sitting too far away (and with high quality sound system but volume a bit low).
I could clearly perceive the high quality, but there was there was an almost total lack of awe-inspiring immersion and up-close detail like I got with even low/mid-range IEM's (good ones, obviously).
This is in stark contrast to the effects of listening to some of the amazing IEM's there.

Well, this is just an opinion. It seems we're at polar opposite ends of the scale lol.
Personally, I'm baffled by all the people raving about headphones or expressing a preference for them, as you doubtless would be by those doing the same for IEM's.
Mind you, it does lead me to question whether I've missed something? Was it a psychoacoustic effect - lack of 'brain burn-in' for a new kind of audio experience?
Was it the equipment setup or the music files (I listened though Hugo and some huge amps if I recall correctly, so that seems unlikely!)?
Plus the fact that others listening next to me (and in my seat before me) were blown away by the sound..
Well, different folks, different strokes as they say..
Like most people on here, I guess I'm forever on the search for audio perfection, so I don't want to potentially miss out on something that's seemingly integral to so many users' ideal set up.
All advice and comments welcome :)

+100

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #11,937 of 42,765

Hahaha, thanks!
biggrin.gif

But I covered a few different points in there; curious to know what it was particularly that resonated with you and your own thoughts/experiences on these matters?
beerchug.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #11,939 of 42,765

Just my 2 cents.

64 ADEL line is as close as you can get to an open-back sound in a ciem.

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #11,940 of 42,765
Mine has the same thing but I don't consider it a fault as the jacks do not move whatsoever.  It seems to me the majority of your post in this thread are you trying to find faults with the mojo.  If you need to dig this hard to find faults why not just return it or sell it and move on.

Normal, not a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back