Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 20, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #1,172 of 42,765
  Finally got my hand on a Mojo and I have been playing with it for a few hours. I was expecting small but not this small!

#Impressions:

1. A nice mid-bass bump making it sound more engaging than HUGO
  2. HUGO sounds more neutral and expansive in terms of soundstage
  3. Feeding Meir Audio Quickstep I hear no audible improvement.
  4. I find USB to sound more open than Optical. I have not test coaxial but a very trustworthy source of mind recommends coaxial over the other two digital input.
  5. I find a hint of distortion at high frequency using IE800 and K3003, I need to triple check this, please do not take this literally as it could be very well my mind.

IE800 high frequencies are distortion themselves, that annoying sibilance... I wish I could forget.

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #1,173 of 42,765
I'm getting a high pitched continuous noise when using my Ortofon EQ5 with Mojo via optical (or whilst any input is disconnected ) - it's quiet but it might be enough to annoy me. Sometimes it stops when I play around with the volume, but then starts again.  Also as soon as I plug the audio USB in it stops. Hope there's nothing wrong with my Mojo :frowning2: don't think it happens with my Focal Spirit Pros

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #1,177 of 42,765
Hi I'm John F from chord just to say there's no hump it's totally flat

Hi John... I haven't got my Mojo yet (waiting for the dealer to ship) but I'm sure it's as you say. I wouldn't expect anything less than perfect from Chord. I was just replying to someone else about Senn IE800.

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #1,178 of 42,765
Hi John... I haven't got my Mojo yet (waiting for the dealer to ship) but I'm sure it's as you say. I wouldn't expect anything less than perfect from Chord. I was just replying to someone else about Senn IE800.

Same here, never expect less than perfect from Chord. Actually dropped my jaw in the price/form/function of the Mojo :D....can't wait!

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #1,179 of 42,765
I don't imagine that's what Chord were hoping for.
The press release seemed more geared toward the potentially massive mobile phone market than Hugo owners or indeed potential Hugo owners.

Indeed but not supplying an OTG cable for Android users and having to use a camera connection adapter for iPhone is a major oversight. This thing sounds amazing but i'm a bit peeved at having to use the OTG cable supplied with my HA-2.

Waiting for a new OTG cable from amazon uk, hopefully will work ok.

Come on Chord you can do better !!!!

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #1,180 of 42,765
Dita truth so far has provided the best synergy for my taste. The bass reverb is long enough to make a positive impact and it is very well extended in the lower frequency. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #1,181 of 42,765
I rather they don't give cable since:

Most people will use some cable of their own
Most people only have one device so the rest are wasted
Apple cables requires a license
Some won't even use as they go optical or coax
Cables take up space in the box, bigger packaging

No point for chord throwing in $100 worth of decent cables and jack it up by that price. Everyone prefer a 599 with no cable rather then 699 right :D

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #1,182 of 42,765
I am in the same boast however I rather like them to develop set of accessories that gets their approval. I would have loved to see some portable optical and coaxial cable. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #1,183 of 42,765
I rather they don't give cable since:

Most people will use some cable of their own
Most people only have one device so the rest are wasted
Apple cables requires a license
Some won't even use as they go optical or coax
Cables take up space in the box, bigger packaging

No point for chord throwing in $100 worth of decent cables and jack it up by that price. Everyone prefer a 599 with no cable rather then 699 right
biggrin.gif

It doesn't cost $100 for a couple of cables !!

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #1,185 of 42,765
It doesn't cost $100 for a couple of cables !!

The issue with audio people is some wants decent cables. The worst review you can have providing cable is:

"The mojo was great but the cable provided was abysmal. "

And decent cables cost quite some bit. Good cables cost a whole lot. If you can't fulfill everyone, better to fulfill no one and just give all your effort in the main product that does :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back