Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 18, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #11,566 of 42,765
More then likely the Planars. LCD2/LCD4 and the rest like the HE400i and onwards. Id say anything from 16-300ohm with around 97db+ sensitivity you should be fine with. There is quite a variety of headphones within that range.
smily_headphones1.gif

It drives the HE-400i's and the Oppo PM-3's just fine.

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #11,567 of 42,765
More then likely the Planars. LCD2/LCD4 and the rest like the HE400i and onwards. Id say anything from 16-300ohm with around 97db+ sensitivity you should be fine with. There is quite a variety of headphones within that range. :)

No, Mojo drives planers just fine except for maybe the HE-6 or the Abyss. Honestly, my LCD-2 is just as impactful and musical with the Mojo as my desktop gear. No where near pushing the limit, unless you're deaf.

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #11,568 of 42,765
More then likely the Planars. LCD2/LCD4 and the rest like the HE400i and onwards. Id say anything from 16-300ohm with around 97db+ efficiency you should be fine with. There is quite a variety of headphones within that range.
smily_headphones1.gif

It will probably sound ok with a few of the higher end headphones. But you would be pushing it to the limit. Investing in a fullsize rig will get that extra 5-10%.

No problem with HE400i,400s,HEX and HEK

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #11,572 of 42,765
Preferred the Mojo and LCD2 combo over my balanced HA-1 desktop setup. No issues driving LCD lineup (haven't heard the LCD 4). Don't have my old HE-4 which was harder to drive than most cans so can't really comment on them but the entire 400 series shouldn't be an issue either.

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #11,574 of 42,765
No, Mojo drives planers just fine except for maybe the HE-6 or the Abyss. Honestly, my LCD-2 is just as impactful and musical with the Mojo as my desktop gear. No where near pushing the limit, unless you're deaf.

Interesting... seeing as the whole time ive been on Head-Fi people bang on about needing more power for the Planars to sound their best. Good to know they sound fine out of the mojo.

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #11,575 of 42,765
Interesting... seeing as the whole time ive been on Head-Fi people bang on about needing more power for the Planars to sound their best. Good to know they sound fine out of the mojo.

In a lot of cases planar headphones may need more power, but the Mojo has much more power than the tiny size would indicate. Same power as the Hugo actually. Also, when planar magnetics made a 'comeback' many portable sources were just not up to snuff and I guess the impression has stuck.

It's funny, I imagine this video is how a lot of us perceive the magic that Chord and Rob Watts has created with the tiny Mojo. I know I had a knuckle dragging moment trying to figure out how they do it when I first heard it:

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8NRh9UI1aQ[/VIDEO]

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #11,576 of 42,765
In a lot of cases planar headphones may need more power, but the Mojo has much more power than the tiny size would indicate. Same power as the Hugo actually. Also, when planar magnetics made a 'comeback' many portable sources were just not up to snuff and I guess the impression has stuck.

It's funny, I imagine this video is how a lot of us perceive the magic that Chord and Rob Watts has created with the tiny Mojo. I know I had a knuckle dragging moment trying to figure out how they do it when I first heard it:

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8NRh9UI1aQ[/VIDEO]

Oh i know the specs are on par with the Hugo and even Jude mentioned he prefers the Mojo over the Hugo. Which is pretty big due to the price difference n all.

Ive found my sweet spot with the Mojo and my Concero HP. Both do amazing things for such small packages. You are right though, they have squeezed quite alot into such a small item. Its impressive. I have never been a planar fan after owning the HE500 in the past, things just seem to be getting out of hand price wise nowadays. Anything over a thousand dollars just seems ludicrous really. Especially when the Mojo clearly punches above its weight. I hope things even out a little more cost wise.

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #11,578 of 42,765
Apart from the extra resolution the display has over Hugo, the colours are the same for a given output level for Mojo and Hugo, as they have the same volume code and identical analogue gain. Both have potentially +18 dB digital gain, but Hugo just displays it as white.

Rob

Rob,if by any change Chord will release a DAP carrying the power of MOJO. The whole audiophile world will shook, no kidding. I have been listening to a lot of Audio Equipment, and i can say Hugo/Mojo is one of the biggest audio achievement i have ever seen in the last decade. If there is Nobel for Audio, Mojo will get it

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #11,579 of 42,765
Rob,if by any change Chord will release a DAP carrying the power of MOJO. The whole audiophile world will shook, no kidding. I have been listening to a lot of Audio Equipment, and i can say Hugo/Mojo is one of the biggest audio achievement i have ever seen in the last decade. If there is Nobel for Audio, Mojo will get it

I believe their intention is to add the SD card accessory (which apparently includes a small screen) to be exactly that. An all in one solution with the Mojo.

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #11,580 of 42,765
I believe their intention is to add the SD card accessory (which apparently includes a small screen) to be exactly that. An all in one solution with the Mojo.

Oh, that will be wondrous. At least Chord will help a lot of audio enthusiasts who got their wallet destroyed by AK, i am still quite shocked how a 3500 USD player falls short to a 899 one, QP1R. The latter even has more power than the former.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back