Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 18, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #11,528 of 42,765
  Hi all, a previous lurker here. A little shy about posting, especially in the face of the many knowledgeable members here, but decided to try and start posting (ashamedly quite lazy) because of a newfound excitement in headphone gear again. Sounds like signs of audio fever methinks

i'm a little late to the party, but was testing out the Mojo for a month or two after Robb passed me one to try out a while back. I've tried my fair share of headphones and amplifiers (nothing too epic though) and was previously happy enough to go through life with a simple x3ii + m50x combination (good enough for the convenience!), but my extended time with the Mojo has certainly made it hard for me to go back.

For someone who's more on the mainstream side of things, I was quite excited by its premise of catering for those who want to start on their journey into 'high resolution' audio without having to spend super crazy money. Its not dirt cheap, but you can do a lot worse. Plus from experience it's easier to explain to people why all these contraptions and messy cables are worth the effort when there's a striking contrast, which i feel the Mojo does easily, compared to some other devices.

Now my x3ii is gonna have to find a new home, and while my m50x is a good match, i kinda want more. I cant bring out my open cans on the move so i have to hunt for a new set of closed backs.

I might have missed the post(s) but has anyone tried an Audeze Sine/Oppo Pm3 with a mojo?

P.S.
Anyway to the above posts about alternative apps, I've been using the Korg iAudioGate and I love it. While the Onkyo feels more lush, the iAudioengine is a little more neutral and it's much easier for me to pick out details. The downside is it's bloody pricey and to be honest, I stupidly bought the app without thinking and considering the ramifications. Fortunately it did not end badly for me. It also has to be said that the interface is sparse, but it works for me cos i hate tweaking.

I am using the Mojo with Oppo PM-3 and love the combo, Mojo has more than enough headroom to drive Oppo and sound is amazing specially acoustic and pop, for EDM as most of the gurus are aware Oppo doesn't have the same slam as Audeze or Shure but it has very good texture and clean delivery.
I am also using HE-500 which are more demanding and Mojo can drive these monster also with ease however I found my Geek Pulse Xfi in Balanced mode be able to give more punch and depth.

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #11,534 of 42,765
  Hi, anyone here can share synergy between Mojo and Fitear tg334 / mh334? 
smile.gif

Yes, i do have both and I find the synergy perfect. Can't listen enough. I do listen to a lot of live classic music concerts and fiio x3II > mojo > tg 334 is one of the closest to live music, providing good masters.
As many people wrote here, the most important is the master quality, found 44/16 to sound very very good if the master is good. I've tried HD800 and Audeze LC2 and i prefere tg334, even i had to listen those using lehmann audio black cube amp, as I don't have 3.5mm to 6.3 adapter. I'll try later the big cans directly to mojo. 
Is the best sound the tg334 provide by far, all this IMHO

be careful, as there are no edginess and the highs are so smooth, it's really easy to listen to loud without any fatigue and there are the risk of ear damage. It's like a drug, i have to dose myself 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back