Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #11,326 of 42,765
Ive been using my mojo for maybe 3hrs all up and its onto the yellow battery indicator already. Well its kind of greenish/yellow. Ive read 8hrs is about normal for the battery.

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #11,327 of 42,765
Has anyone done any extensive comparisions of the Mojo to the Oppo HA-2 or the Fiio X7? I have the Oppo, but I'm considering an uprade to the Mojo or the X7. 

My search on "Oppo" didn't yield much in the way of head-to-head comparisons. The best I've heard is "Mojo is better." But how is it better, and in what ways? 

Thanks in advance!

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #11,328 of 42,765
Has anyone done any extensive comparisions of the Mojo to the Oppo HA-2 or the Fiio X7? I have the Oppo, but I'm considering an uprade to the Mojo or the X7. 

My search on "Oppo" didn't yield much in the way of head-to-head comparisons. The best I've heard is "Mojo is better." But how is it better, and in what ways? 

Thanks in advance!

There was a member who compared to oppo ha2 and reported mojo is head and shoulders above oppo.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #11,329 of 42,765
There was a member who compared to oppo ha2 and reported mojo is head and shoulders above oppo.

If I understand correctly, he essentially said, "Yes, the mojo is worth twice what the oppo costs," or something to that effect. I'm not denying that's true, but I found that comparison to be lacking in both detail and substance

I'm not asking for a 2,000-word review, just four or five bullet points explaining the areas where the Mojo is better than the Oppo HA-2. I want to buy the Mojo, but I just need to know it's "better enough" from what I have, and not just different. 

Thanks!

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #11,330 of 42,765
That actually looks great and nicer than system concept, I wish it has right angles tho, is that website safe to order?

If you're not Malaysian, you can search for them in Facebook and message them direct. They are super friendly and helpful.
Unfortunately those cable don't come in right angles which is why I said that the solution isn't as elegant looking.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #11,331 of 42,765
If you're not Malaysian, you can search for them in Facebook and message them direct. They are super friendly and helpful.
Unfortunately those cable don't come in right angles which is why I said that the solution isn't as elegant looking.

OK thank you, do you know anything about the sys concept cables for mojo, are those flexible?

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #11,332 of 42,765
I have been trying to use my Mojo as an "always on" solution between my PC and my desktop studio monitors. I have found that it switches off, not sure if its either because it is getting too hot or that the battery is too low. It is plugged in to a good quality power source. Is anyone else having this issue? Am I expecting too much to have it on all the time with a power source? This happens after less than half an hour of listening. I read somewhere else that one person was using mojo like a hifi component as a DAC between the source and his amplifiers also.

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #11,335 of 42,765
OK thank you, do you know anything about the sys concept cables for mojo, are those flexible?

There are more than one option on the Sysconcept website. The reason you went with the adaptor is because you didn't want to pay for a Sysconcept cable. Just go to the website and look for TOSlink to mini optical 1300 strand cable.

Aaaaarg, here's the links......

Sysconcept homepage:

http://www.sysconcept.ca

Examples of cables they make:

http://www.sys-concept.com/U-toslink_miniplug.html

90° mini cable - $69 USD - READ THE PAGE AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS:

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=349&osCsid=e372b4ql97bke5qlgsdj1dhkv2

Short 'U' shaped optical cable - $43.50 USD plus $8 for the short version - READ THE PAGE AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS:

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=365

These are really good products IMO and you would have saved a whole bunch of time and they are very well priced. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but you initially look for a cheap solution (which we try to help with) and then aren't satisfied. Just contact Sysconcept and tell them what you want and be done with it. You may have to position the dx80 differently in your stack but they have great options..... Then again I'm batting 0 for 2 when I've recommended something to you - based on your feedback - so I'm not sure this will even help. Look at the example link I provided first to get an idea of what you can do.

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #11,336 of 42,765
There are more than one option on the Sysconcept website. The reason you went with the adaptor is because you didn't want to pay for a Sysconcept cable. Just go to the website and look for TOSlink to mini optical 1300 strand cable.

Aaaaarg, here's the links......

Sysconcept homepage:

http://www.sysconcept.ca

Examples of cables they make:

http://www.sys-concept.com/U-toslink_miniplug.html

90° mini cable - $69 USD - READ THE PAGE AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS:

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=349&osCsid=e372b4ql97bke5qlgsdj1dhkv2

Short 'U' shaped optical cable - $43.50 USD plus $8 for the short version - READ THE PAGE AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS:

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=365

These are really good products IMO and you would have saved a whole bunch of time and they are very well priced. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but you initially look for a cheap solution (which we try to help with) and then aren't satisfied. Just contact Sysconcept and tell them what you want and be done with it. You may have to position the dx80 differently in your stack but they have great options..... Then again I'm batting 0 for 2 when I've recommended something to you - based on your feedback - so I'm not sure this will even help. Look at the example link I provided first to get an idea of what you can do.

I appreciate you, I'm sorry I'm an idiot, I appreciate your hard work with the links and your time

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #11,337 of 42,765
Went to audition the ALO Audio CDM yesterday (stock tubes), as I was looking for a tube amp. Least to say I still preferred the Mojo in the end. Auditioned at length with the HD800, Dharma, and Hifiman Edition X. In all cases I found the CDM too bright to my liking, bordering on sibilance in the treble region. Sub bass was also less impactful and somewhat sluggish. The CDM worked quite well with the HEX though, since the HEX sounded warmer compare to the other 2 headphones. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #11,338 of 42,765
Went to audition the ALO Audio CDM yesterday (stock tubes), as I was looking for a tube amp. Least to say I still preferred the Mojo in the end. Auditioned at length with the HD800, Dharma, and Hifiman Edition X. In all cases I found the CDM too bright to my liking, bordering on sibilance in the treble region. Sub bass was also less impactful and somewhat sluggish. The CDM worked quite well with the HEX though, since the HEX sounded warmer compare to the other 2 headphones. 

It's also a larger hand warmer than the Mojo :p

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #11,340 of 42,765
I have been trying to use my Mojo as an "always on" solution between my PC and my desktop studio monitors. I have found that it switches off, not sure if its either because it is getting too hot or that the battery is too low. It is plugged in to a good quality power source. Is anyone else having this issue? Am I expecting too much to have it on all the time with a power source? This happens after less than half an hour of listening. I read somewhere else that one person was using mojo like a hifi component as a DAC between the source and his amplifiers also.

Shouldn't happen. I use extensively from iMac-mojo-avr-speaker and the only time it switches off when the battery is dead. Don't think it's overheat as well because I charge and play at the same time for hours. Most of the time I play on line out by pressing 3 buttons together to turn ON.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back