Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 19, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,096 of 42,765
I'll have the iDAC2 coming in tomorrow (if Fedex can actually deliver it to my house this time and not some random address, grrrr), which iFi says is basically a desktop iDSD micro - minus one of the DAC chips, battery and effects.

I can post some initial impressions and comparisons in a few days if it will help.

That would be much appreciated. Thanks. I presently have the Micro iDSD and have ordered a Mojo, but would appreciate any impressions.

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,097 of 42,765
Do we know if there are any headphones that have particular "synergy" or PRAT ( http://www.tnt-audio.com/edcorner/prat_e.html 
beerchug.gif
 )

with the Mojo? 

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,098 of 42,765
Got mine yesterday,  and let it charge for about 10 hrs. 
Played it last night with my th900 and the ps1000.
I did not miss my home rig to say the least. 
My home rig is over 5K easy. 

This morning of the train,  I'am listening to the Edition 8 and it sound extremely energetic,  pure chord house  sound compared to my zx1. 
The music sounds a little harsh,  why you may ask ?  Simple  answer - because there is oodles more detail . 

If I had to describe the moto in one acronym,  I would say.  OMG

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #1,100 of 42,765
Oct 19, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #1,101 of 42,765
The music sounds a little harsh,  why you may ask ?  Simple  answer - because there is oodles more detail . 

If I had to describe the moto in one acronym,  I would say.  OMG

So the harshness doesn't bother you? Could you describe it a little futher? How would you characterise the relation between detail and harshness?

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,104 of 42,765
Not sure if it's posted already, but here is a review of the mojo 

https://www.avforums.com/review/chord-mojo-dac-headphone-amp-review.12008

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #1,105 of 42,765
  Not sure if it's posted already, but here is a review of the mojo 

https://www.avforums.com/review/chord-mojo-dac-headphone-amp-review.12008

Great review. Thanks for sharing!

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #1,106 of 42,765
+1.
Anyone got the device's dimensions? 

Will any of the AK100's case fit?

It's 3.25" X 2.4" X 0.9". Can find a good carry case for it (I have one I picked up today) but can't think of a case to use while it's being used. Cheers

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #1,107 of 42,765
The Mojo has a very 3d presentation, able to capture and project the spacial quality around where a sound is imitating from. 

As has been mentioned, excellent build quality, a very finished looking product. 

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #1,108 of 42,765
From the review:"when tested as a line level DAC against the Mojo, the Hugo is preferable there too. This is partly down to the line level being set - in my opinion - slightly too high on the Mojo and the Hugo sounding slightly more refined even when levels are corrected"
What does it mean?

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #1,109 of 42,765
From the review:"when tested as a line level DAC against the Mojo, the Hugo is preferable there too. This is partly down to the line level being set - in my opinion - slightly too high on the Mojo and the Hugo sounding slightly more refined even when levels are corrected"
What does it mean?

It's an excellent review, but no offence to the writer, I don't think there's much to that sentence and I really don't think there's such a thing. After all, setting the Hugo or mojo to line level as Rob has mentioned is merely using a voltage preset, the quality of the signal is no different regardless of the voltage when used as a line signal, and thus there really shouldn't be a difference.

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #1,110 of 42,765
What does it mean?

It could be that they need to let the Mojo run in for a longer period of time but who knows for sure. I assume the writer thinks the Hugo has a more truthful rendering of the recording. I think it is too soon to assume much of anything other than the Mojo does sound very good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back