Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 6, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #8,686 of 42,765
Maybe jitter is different with different source players?

That wouldn't make sense as my Note 4 feeding the same file 24/96 to Mojo has better audio quality than Zx2 feeding Mojo. The fact that Zx2 ancient android with crazy limits on audio quality vs android 5.1 is clear. Also, what is jitter once you are feeding digital into Mojo....I don't think it matters here.

I recently bought Usb Audio Player Pro, and thought it would bypass Android limitations for Zx2 and...

That concluded that I wasn't hearing ghost and white noises....Zx2 is not a good transport for Mojo due to it ancient android firmware, unless Sony upgrade it...otherwise it is not good, and even with Sony app by-passing android limits......it wasn't as good feeding 24/96 into Mojo. Once may want to dig deeper by asking any software engineer or such ?

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #8,687 of 42,765
That wouldn't make sense as my Note 4 feeding the same file 24/96 to Mojo has better audio quality than Zx2 feeding Mojo. The fact that Zx2 ancient android with crazy limits on audio quality vs android 5.1 is clear. Also, what is jitter once you are feeding digital into Mojo....I don't think it matters here.

I recently bought Usb Audio Player Pro, and thought it would bypass Android limitations for Zx2 and...

That concluded that I wasn't hearing ghost and white noises....Zx2 is not a good transport for Mojo due to it ancient android firmware, unless Sony upgrade it...otherwise it is not good, and even with Sony app by-passing android limits......it wasn't as good feeding 24/96 into Mojo. Once may want to dig deeper by asking any software engineer or such ?

Don't know. Jitter plays a part somewhere. Don't know if its the DAC or the source. It may not even be the reason. Just throwing it out there.

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #8,688 of 42,765
From my testing and experiences...it is less likely that source can do much of a different....perhap it is the software the OS itself.

I would *have* to believe that if a cable between source and Mojo can make a difference, then different DAPs would have as much or more difference in sound than that, given their complexity and wiring?

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #8,689 of 42,765
Yeah maybe the OS (version) plays a role.
I also thought of jitter as a cause for different SQ, and wanted to implement a jitterbug.
I have been told the asynchronous USB input of mojo and the own power supply combat jitter as a potential problem.

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #8,690 of 42,765
Yeah maybe the OS (version) plays a role.
I also thought of jitter as a cause for different SQ, and wanted to implement a jitterbug.
I have been told the asynchronous USB input of mojo and the own power supply combat jitter as a potential problem.

There you have it :D. I am not even sure what differences would cables make by transporting 1,0 pulses by itself...unlike analog signals where continued and constant feeding would affect the signal. Example as you are trying to scoop 10 scoops of water into a bowl, would it matter how long it take for you to scoop it ? It wouldn't matter how long it take, you would end up with 10 scoops (it could be delayed lagged behind and hence jitter problem ?). However imagine a flow of water in a pipe, over 10 seconds of pumping water out without sputtering or pause, you would always ended up with the most water than having someone to pause and re-open the water flow over that 10 seconds .....

However, it could affect the data and in turn affect the audio quality ? But to me it is mostly relying and within the OS or the software that is used to play the digital file itself
Anyways, all of these technical stuff hurt my head after some serious critical listening sessions to review and compare for Mojo. I am about to conclude my review for Mojo soon :D

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #8,691 of 42,765

If you haven't already get a 24/96 download of latest Opeth "Pale Communion" from HD Tracks mixed by Steve Wilson.

SUBLIME through my Mojo.

What a coincidence! At this moment, I'm listening to some Sublime thru my Mojo (via HE-560s). It also sounds sublime!!

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #8,692 of 42,765
Yeah I think I know what you mean.
It may not be the bits themselves, but the timing.
Speaking of timing, would be interested if somebody tried a remedy reclocker via optical.

BTW I just read that HTC will launch the First MQA enabled phone.
I was wondering if it was somehow possible that the phone handels the MQA encoding and sends the encoded Digital signal to mojo.

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #8,693 of 42,765
Waiting on how they will deal with my third servicing for my Hugo. I've owned it for eleven months and really love it. Don't like the 4-6 week turn around though. So I bought a mojo for back up and to take the brunt of my portable usage. A little hard to get excited because I can't believe that sound wise it is anything other than a downgrade however it will be much easier to deal with when I'm out and about.

I think the connectors for the mini jack look stronger, the Hugo jack popped out and after repair again within two weeks failed. Both times jack module broke free of chassis and went into the unit rattling around. I didn't want to turn it back on and short out the circuit board. Mojo seems to have a different jack. So this will save me the Hugo for mainly home use when I get it back or replaced-we'll see.

So now the only question is, is it enough better than my plain ak120 to make it worth it. The Hugo was so much better that it was completely clear, the mojo.....?

Scheduled Mojo delivery is Friday.

FYI-To the person with the question of how final audio iem's work with this I will report back. I have Lab1, fibass and Heaven 8 and I can say they don't pair very well with AK players but grat with the Hugo. I also have a bunch of portable headphones that I opt for when using the AK!20. So I'll report back on mojo pairing with the final although they seem as they would be well fitted from the sound signatures I'm reading about the Mojo.

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #8,695 of 42,765
Mine arrived today and is charging.   I am pleasantly surprised at how small it is "in person," as pictures just seem to make it look larger than it really is.

Thanks to Moon-Audio for the terrific service!

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #8,696 of 42,765
Fun fact...I charged Mojo via Note4 OTG, and it drained all note 4 65% in 1 hour :D wahahaha. Mojo is the first unit to make me smile so many times...lol, and my daughter loves the balls on Mojo, and she rolls it, and rolls it, and press it :D

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #8,698 of 42,765
I decided to order the MoJo and it will replace the Dragonfly v1.2 in my current desktop setup. I'm hoping for a slight (but noticable) improvement in SQ with this change. 
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #8,699 of 42,765
  I decided to order the MoJo and it will replace the Dragonfly v1.2 in my current desktop setup. I'm hoping for a slight (but noticable) improvement in SQ with this change. 
tongue.gif

Haha, that's funny.  Believe me, you won't get a "slight" anything, going from Dragonfly to Mojo.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back