Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 22, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #7,351 of 42,765
I haven't personally heard the ZX2, but the ZX1 thoroughly irritated me because it was so obviously and blatantly synthetic in its presentation of music. So, for me, the S-Master chip majorly misses the target of natural and realistic music reproduction.

But, evidently, there are many who feel otherwise.

Everyone's experience of anything in life is, by definition, subjective, so...

All part of life's rich tapestry, etc. etc.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #7,352 of 42,765
  Doing some extended time comparing my Mojo/Z5c phone combo to a ZX2 and not come to any conclusion yet but just wondering thoughts on others who have both (combination does need to support streaming).

I'm edging to Mojo for best ultimate sound quality but ZX2 best for portable use due to better size/weight/ergonomics screen-off use (controls) and battery life.

What do others think?

PS. I only use IEM's, mostly Shure SE846's. I'm currently tending to just use the Mojo at home. Also, Mojo playing DSD native to Mojo (White) is still best I've heard but don't have many DSD so not a big decider.

Rebuy the ZX2 it is a wonderful player,as long as the price is around $800-900 and not something like $1200.Buy a custom cable for se846 with trrs plug to take the benefit of the pseudo(?) balanced function of ZX2 and enjoy the cleaner more open sound.The question to ask is if Se846 with trrs plug will have sound problems  with mojo as opposed to trs.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #7,356 of 42,765
  Rebuy the ZX2 it is a wonderful player,as long as the price is around $800-900 and not something like $1200.

£525 ($779) from Amazon Warehouse open box (usually like new anyway with full warranty) so thought I'd give it ago for longer this time
biggrin.gif
 (30 day to return). I read ZX1 sounded synthetic but ZX2 totally different/better.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #7,357 of 42,765
£525 ($779) from Amazon Warehouse open box (usually like new anyway with full warranty) so thought I'd give it ago for longer this time :D  (30 day to return). I read ZX1 sounded synthetic but ZX2 totally different/better.
great buy! And to answer your question above I have the ZX100 and use it on its own for commuting and/or portability then use it as a source for the Mojo at my desk or home.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #7,358 of 42,765
great buy! And to answer your question above I have the ZX100 and use it on its own for commuting and/or portability then use it as a source for the Mojo at my desk or home.

Was tempted by the smaller/lighter ZX100 but really needed to have Tidal/Spotify streaming/offline and seeing as the ZX100 has gone back up to £450-500 it was too tempting to not get the ZX2 at £525. Just hope Tidal/Spotify continue to support Android 4.2 for many years to come (if I keep it). When I ordered mine there was still 2 more Amazon Warehouse ones showing at £525. They show at £745 but then a 30% discount is taken off at checkout.

The cheapest totally new ones during Amazon Lightning Black Friday was £577 so still a good enough saving for a return/open box one especially when I can easily return if not happy with it.

I still intend to keep my Mojo for home listening, its just too awesome playing DSD's (when light show white).

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #7,359 of 42,765

Do you know best place to get cable to connect to Mojo ?

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #7,360 of 42,765
  I never believed that audiophile USB cables make a difference, but was proved wrong recently when using Supra USB (with Audioquest micro adapter) with Mojo; the difference between the out of box usb and this is rather significant; wider soundstage, better instrument separation, less harsh - so I can only deduce Mojo likes good quality cables.. still don't understand how this works, digital is digital is digital

On another note, Mojo + HD600 (with HD650 cables and important 100 hour burn in) is a stunning combination. After going through Shure SRH1840, Oppo PM3, Hifiman HE560, the HD600s come on top as the most honest to source/balanced sound with the Mojo. 

Would you share a photo of how the cable + adaptor looks connected to the Mojo please?

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #7,361 of 42,765
This is the right cable for my AK100ii right?

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=349

2.2mm Toslink to miniPlug?

Anymore thoughts about the Mojo Headphone out compared to the balanced out of the AK100ii? I'm sure the Mojo is better but are we talking huge leaps or a more subtle difference? If it's a huge leap can someone describe their experience?

I'd suggest the 5mm version. It's sturdier IME. Cheers

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #7,364 of 42,765
  1) Absolutely no need for an HD800 to have an extra amp

2) IE800 - you like HD800 I take it? IE800 - get Snugs to make you Custom Sleeves. Then you have a portable solution that can take on anything in the world- your budget suggests a 2nd hand purchase and then saving up for custom sleeves. Snugs are a UK company who get their sleeves done in the USA

This is mostly true, but for genres like rap I think the HD800 straight to the Mojo lacks in bass.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #7,365 of 42,765

Was tempted by the smaller/lighter ZX100 but really needed to have Tidal/Spotify streaming/offline and seeing as the ZX100 has gone back up to £450-500 it was too tempting to not get the ZX2 at £525. Just hope Tidal/Spotify continue to support Android 4.2 for many years to come (if I keep it). When I ordered mine there was still 2 more Amazon Warehouse ones showing at £525. They show at £745 but then a 30% discount is taken off at checkout.

The cheapest totally new ones during Amazon Lightning Black Friday was £577 so still a good enough saving for a return/open box one especially when I can easily return if not happy with it.

I still intend to keep my Mojo for home listening, its just too awesome playing DSD's (when light show white).

They were £573 yesterday on a lightning deal in the UK.

Be careful on the 30 day return policy guys, they do close your account if you do it too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back