Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 6, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #6,316 of 42,765
I was considering myself lucky for a while, but I guess my luck ran out!
When I first got my Hugo, I ran out to the Apple Store and got a cck, it worked perfectly.
I used my mojo in that manner connected to my iPhone 6 and lived it at first listened. Then I got a cheap OTG cable in Amazon and tried to use it with my Samsung tab4 tablet using different apps, never got it to work, I was thinking it was the cable.
Then I got my ibasso DX80 and used it connected to mojo via coaxial cable and works flawlessly and sounds magnificently.
Today I tried to plug my iPhone back to it and nothing tidal or the onkyo apps will not work.
It senses the USB because the light turns red but there is no data transfer, the sounds come out of my phone speakers.
Is there a way to reboot the mojo, any other advice would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to send it back to England. What pain, I might just return it for my money back if I can't get it fixed here.

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #6,317 of 42,765
When I first got my Hugo, I ran out to the Apple Store and got a cck, it worked perfectly.
I used my mojo in that manner connected to my iPhone 6 and lived it at first listened. Then I got a cheap OTG cable in Amazon and tried to use it with my Samsung tab4 tablet using different apps, never got it to work, I was thinking it was the cable.
Then I got my ibasso DX80 and used it connected to mojo via coaxial cable and works flawlessly and sounds magnificently.
Today I tried to plug my iPhone back to it and nothing tidal or the onkyo apps will not work.
It senses the USB because the light turns red but there is no data transfer, the sounds come out of my phone speakers.
Is there a way to reboot the mojo, any other advice would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to send it back to England. What pain, I might just return it for my money back if I can't get it fixed here.

When you click on AirPlay on your phone do you see the Mojo Asa a choice? I had this happen. Turned out to be a cheap USB cable.

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #6,318 of 42,765

Try this:

Power on mojo
Connect black usb that come with mojo to mojo
Connect Apple cck
Connect to phone
Do it in that order. Sometimes my phone says it doesn't recognize or some other nonsense, but when I do this it works every time.

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #6,319 of 42,765
Try this:

Power on mojo
Connect black usb that come with mojo to mojo
Connect Apple cck
Connect to phone
Do it in that order. Sometimes my phone says it doesn't recognize or some other nonsense, but when I do this it works every time.

Please is there any chance someone can post this problem and fix in the thread I started about fixes. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-solutions-thread

I started it to help newcomers find stuff easier than rooting thruogh this entire thread.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #6,320 of 42,765
Tried your suggestions, plus a different cable and phone, no luck. Any other suggestions?
And thank u all for trying to help

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #6,321 of 42,765

Thanks but I'm looking for a much cheaper solution Lol 
redface.gif

it's 100usd delivered. Currently price is incorrect due to backlog.
Pls pm me here to order the cable.

br,
Konstantin

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #6,323 of 42,765
I can say that I have reviewed a couple of Lavri cables and they are made beautifully and sound even better plus Konstatin is a great guy to deal with!

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #6,326 of 42,765
Dec 6, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #6,327 of 42,765
The more time I spend with the Mojo the more I enjoy it. Weather used as a DAC with a speaker set-up, coax from an AppleTV or hooked up to a iPad Mini with Shure SE215s it's a pleasure to listen to music. Sennheiser HD600s have always been my favorite headphones. Considering trying HD800s and/or Shure SE535 or SE846s. Think I got the numbers right. Anybody else the the "Mojo" lettering is upside down? I tend to use it with the balls facing me.

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #6,328 of 42,765
The one downside to the Mojo is it really shows up bad production. Adele's new 25 album is a good example, try it then play some fleetwood mac from the 80's, no comparison, some of the new stuff is absolute garbage, shame as I love her voice but the production really grates on my ears.

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #6,330 of 42,765
  I have problem playing the DSD256 files which is gifted by Mojo on my Jriver player. This is the error message that popped out:-

"Something went wrong with playback.
Details:
Playback could not be started on the output "xxxx" using tge format '1.4MHz 2ch'.
This output format may not be supported by your hardware. you can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format.
Also, make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options."

xxxx = Kernel Streaming, Asio, Wasabi, Chord 44khz - 768khz Digital Output all will not play the files.

Please kindly help...Thanks!

I had a problem with them too....unfortunately they played:frowning2:

Sorry I coudn't resist lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back