1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last
  1. spook76

I agree. I emailed them yesterday to inquire when they expect to start shipping but I still have not received a reply.

2. joesmokey
    Interested in hearing more impressions compared to HA-2.  I am pretty tempted to jump in blindly on this one.

3. Duncan Moderator
    On day three of playing with the MoJo I think the thing that impresses me the most is the instrument (and general) separation, everything is pinpointed so accurately in the sound space.

Probably aided by the freq-phase of the Layla's (all about the timing!) but definitely do not get the same level out of the Hugo (better synergy I would say rather than better product overall)...

Hasn't stopped impressing me yet!

4. beemarman
    Much, much better than the HA-2.  As soon I heard the mojo I sold the HA-2.[​IMG] 

HA-2 does look better stacked with a phone than the mojo. [​IMG]

5. pearljam50000
    Can it connect to active studio monitors?
    Does it have a line out?
    Thanks.

6. MrBucket
    Hold down the two volume buttons and turn it on and it will go into line level mode. 

pearljam50000 likes this.
  7. Gurdipurdi
    I can't remember the last time (or even if)  I wanted to do an impulse buy so badly. At this year's CanJam in Germany the Hugo was the best source for my NT-6. I planned on buying a new DAP (X7, Onkyyo DP-X1). But now I don't really care that much about usability/interface. I just want some Mojo for my X5. Don't even know why I want a single box DAP, cause I'm probably listening 99% of the time at home. I have a feeling this product will be mine soon... 

8. Mython Contributor

Box-End-1.jpg

pearljam50000 likes this.
  9. mathi8vadhanan
    Yes, I did try that cable from Amazon. For this cable to work with Oppo, they have included a 20K Ohm resistor between pins-4 and 5 on the micro-usb side.
    I remove the resistor and shorted pins-4 and 5, to see if it will work with HUGO. It didn't.

71IZOX08JBL._SL1024_.jpg

For it to work with HUGO, we need the Sony's WMC-NWH10. The above cable, looks like it isn't. 

The cable below, I linked is based of WMC-NWH10 (hence the larger housing and significantly higher price), they've just trimmed the usb female to micro-usb. 
    TB2kh_eeVXXXXbtXpXXXXXXXXXX-1929512115.jpg_600x600.jpg WMC_NWH10.jpg

10. mathi8vadhanan
    Moon Audio's cables do not have CCK chip in them. Will not work with HUGO/Mojo. They're for devices with MFi chip inside.

These are the one cable solutions, confirmed to work.

11. Ike1985

One of the most standout features of my ADEL A12's is their instrument separation, apparently a result of the adel module.  Wonder if you can have too much of a good thing, if with the hugo + adel the instrument separation will be insane and distracting from the overall experience.  I've heard this said about the QP1R + ADEL.

12. Duncan Moderator
    not at all, it is very engaging, no longer a wall of sound (not that it was, but you hopefully get what I mean)

13. OK-Guy

there have many that's been disappointed trying to connect Walkman's to the Hugo via a single cable WM-Port>mini-USB, to my knowledge none have worked to date (I'm taking 18months)... the cable to the left of the WMC-NWH10 looks like it might work but no-one has confirmed this in the 6-7months its been out.

On the move (shopping etc.) I tend to Bluetooth the ZX2>Hugo, with all the background noise going on pin-point SQ is not high on my list where eye-candy takes preference (male urges & all that). For longer journeys such as train etc. I use the WMC-NWH10+USB>mini-USB cable, at home I use the Walkman-Dock>Hugo which is a absolute boon for streaming, hth... [​IMG] 

14. proedros

i give you 48 hours, tops [​IMG] 

buy it - YOLO

15. peareye
    Somebody earlier today mentioned that the MoJo has a certain brightness that the Hugo has...

Can some other chime in with their opinions on whether they think the Mojo has a bright sound, please....

First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last