Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 14, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #4,996 of 42,765
It doesn't matter who he is, when you mock someone and tell them to get there hearing tested basically, that's disrespect.

I'm a kickboxing champion, doesn't mean I can go around kicking people's heads off just to feel important.

I guess it's up to an individual's interpretation.  Based on what most everyone has said about their experiences, I took it as genuine concern and having your hearing checked was a serious suggestion.  I guess I'm slow to take offense.

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #4,997 of 42,765
My mojo sounds best with either Beyerdynamic T90s or Sennheiser 600HDs than the IEMs I have and also at a volume that is set at less than half way. So from my perspective what you are stating is laughable.

It's not really the volume, it's the dynamics. I felt the amp section isn't up to par personally. Sounds decent with my lower sensitivity stuff though.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #4,998 of 42,765
I guess it's up to an individual's interpretation.  Based on what most everyone has said about their experiences, I took it as genuine concern and having your hearing checked was a serious suggestion.  I guess I'm slow to take offense.

I could of taken it wrong, it's the Internet, but it came across are pure sarcasm and belittling to me. The Internet is funny like that, you meet people in person and they behave respectfully but soon as they enter the keyboard warrior stadium, it's on! Haha.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #4,999 of 42,765
  well it could been handled in a more diplomatic way, i did not like such answer, and i do not care if he is the president of the world. All epxeriences and feedbacks should be respected

What I really don't understand is why you took so much offense to responses to Hachiko (unless you're Hachiko, too). 
mad.gif

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #5,000 of 42,765
It's not really the volume, it's the dynamics. I felt the amp section isn't up to par personally. Sounds decent with my lower sensitivity stuff though.

If you want to use Mojo as your desktop dac/amp( which mojo isn't advertised for such usage,but in my view it does a hell of a job) is surely will struggle against your desktop setup for a number of factor (one been that you are more used to the sound of your dedicated desktop setup more than the Mojo).

I think what you are forgetting is the size factor, I do not think there is any device in the market in its size can output as much as a Mojo. I think wishes are important but having realistic demands is also as important. 

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #5,001 of 42,765
  What I really don't understand is why you took so much offense to responses to Hachiko (unless you're Hachiko, too). 
mad.gif

and when did u join head-fi, well one think u will learn soon is that everyone should be respected and not ridiculed if he/she shares an experience that does not go along the majority of the experiences 

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #5,002 of 42,765
Hmmm, just wondering if there's any place to purchase a coax cable that can be used to connect the mojo to my DX90? I am using the DX90 provided cable and using a cheap interconnect to connect to the Mojo, and its not very efficient since the signal keeps getting cut off whenever i move the cable. Annoying!

Hoping that i can get the cable locally though. Don't feel like paying a premium to get those custom made ones though hahaha.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #5,003 of 42,765
  and when did u join head-fi, well one think u will learn soon is that everyone should be respected and not ridiculed if he/she shares an experience that does not go along the majority of the experiences 

I don't disagree, and again, I don't think you (or Hachiko) were being intentionally disrespected.  Based on your statement, others thought you were suffering from hearing loss.  You (or Hachiko) suggested Mojo couldn't drive HD650s.  Everyone else seems to have a very different opinion.  You (or Hachiko) then altered the complaint to discuss levels of bass.  I think you (or Hachiko) may have complicated the issue a little, but again, I thought it was someone expressing concern for your hearing and did not think it was offensive.  Sorry if you (or Hachiko) took it that way.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #5,004 of 42,765
If you want to use Mojo as your desktop dac/amp( which mojo isn't advertised for such usage,but in my view it does a hell of a job) is surely will struggle against your desktop setup for a number of factor (one been that you are more used to the sound of your dedicated desktop setup more than the Mojo).

I think what you are forgetting is the size factor, I do not think there is any device in the market in its size can output as much as a Mojo. I think wishes are important but having realistic demands is also as important. 
You are probably right. Its mainly portable but so many where raving about this being an all in one basically.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #5,005 of 42,765
do not bother yourself 

you are entitled what u perceived and experienced 

Everyone has their own ears. I understand that is your perception and experience with your Mojo. Give it more time to burn in...
I have listened to mine every night for almost a week and can see that sometimes it sounds neutral sweet, constricted, bright and it goes back a comfortable listening with very sweet music again... I knew it gives its best performance to everyone ears and taste one day...!

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #5,006 of 42,765
What I really don't understand is why you took so much offense to responses to Hachiko (unless you're Hachiko, too). :mad:

Because it's just plain rude, bigeot behaviour. It doesn't matter how much money someone has, how important they think they are you can't just go around speaking to people like that. So because he made a little music device he gets a pass? Nope.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #5,007 of 42,765
You are probably right. Its mainly portable but so many where raving about this being an all in one basically.

If you find the right synergy it can be (and that applies to all other things).

I in no way consider myself a mojo fan boy and I think despite Mojo been advertised as a portable product to me it is not as it is not easily pocketable due to a)bad port placement, b)thickness, however Mojo is the only product I have which pairs greatly by itself with 90% of the gears I own. So if sound also is a factor this is the best dac/amp I own (and I do own HUGO too).

To conclude again sound alone Mojo provides the biggest bang for buck, however I think Chord could have done a lot better job at port placement. 

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #5,008 of 42,765

I don't disagree, and again, I don't think you (or Hachiko) were being intentionally disrespected.  Based on your statement, others thought you were suffering from hearing loss.  You (or Hachiko) suggested Mojo couldn't drive HD650s.  Everyone else seems to have a very different opinion.  You (or Hachiko) then altered the complaint to discuss levels of bass.  I think you (or Hachiko) may have complicated the issue a little, but again, I thought it was someone expressing concern for your hearing and did not think it was offensive.  Sorry if you (or Hachiko) took it that way.

Jazzi i just stood with Hachiko point of not getting answered the way he was answered by mojoideas, even if he owns that company as simply not me neither many care if he owns that company or not or even if he is the richest person in the world. What we care bout here is that everyone is entitled to have his opinion, and as i told you when i had the hugo i shared my opinion freely and many did not like that but they never take things personal as its a matter of taste and choice, so if I like bass and you don't then respect to you and to all others who do not like bass, but when someone who loves bass asks for bass do not simply tell him go buy a beats headphone am I making sense here? and when hachiko says it lacks dynamics with his heapdhone he is free to share that as well

My point is we are here for one thing to find what we seek in sound sig and that is a long journey so lets embrace that journey together and do not refer anyone to an audiologist based to an opinion

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #5,009 of 42,765
If you find the right synergy it can be (and that applies to all other things).

I in no way consider myself a mojo fan boy and I think despite Mojo been advertised as a portable product to me it is not as it is not easily pocketable due to a)bad port placement, b)thickness, however Mojo is the only product I have which pairs greatly by itself with 90% of the gears I own. So if sound also is a factor this is the best dac/amp I own (and I do own HUGO too).

To conclude again sound alone Mojo provides the biggest bang for buck, however I think Chord could have done a lot better job at port placement. 

Just curious where you would put the ports? Stacked with my AK100 and connected with the Syd Concept cable I find it to be highly portable. It's thicker for sure, but very easy to hold due to its smaller height and width. Cheers

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #5,010 of 42,765
Just curious where you would put the ports? Stacked with my AK100 and connected with the Syd Concept cable I find it to be highly portable. It's thicker for sure, but very easy to hold due to its smaller height and width. Cheers

I don't own any sys concept cable, but to me even with the sys cable the entire setup is too messy to be placed on a pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back