Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 11, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #4,727 of 42,765
lol nope.

Have you visited?

I have - my dad has a house in South Devon & we've driven through a few times. In fog, Princetown is perhaps the eeriest place on earth - I can't imagine living there!

To stay on topic (sorry!) I've had Mojo for a while now. I didn't think I'd take it out much but it's in my bag wherever I go. I still think Hugo is much better sounding, but I'm listening to Mojo more because of the convenience. 

I find it a little dark for my K10s but it sounds great with my SE846s. It's a fantastic little DAC/amp in my opinion.

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #4,728 of 42,765
It is crazy to think I live in a rural location in the UK. I live on Dartmoor a National Park which is 328 square miles of mostly moor land. This is the description of my village -

"PRINCETOWN is in the parish of Lydford, a grim little town some 1,400 ft. above sea level, with an abominable climate of fog, snow, wind, and more than 80 in. of cold rain over 100. It stands on a cot between the two Hessary Tors, exposed to the bitter N. and E. winds, the least suitable place that could ever have been chosen for a town."

Now here's the irony - I have an audio shop, really lovely place called Tavistock Audio around 10 miles away. I am also bang in the middle of 2 Apple Stores (Exeter, Plymouth) which are 60 mins to 45 mins away respectively. I am also bang in the middle or 2 Richer Sounds stores, and in Exeter there is an audio shop Guildford Hi-Fi.

And because of my rural location, the internet is used a lot. So I trust the views and opinions of many people on here. So far , I have not got it wrong..

Guildford Hifi!  Pretty sure that is where I got my first proper Hifi system, over 20 years ago...

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #4,729 of 42,765
am having trouble getting Tidal to play through Mojo using S5 Samsung running 5.0

I can get music to play using USB Audio Player Pro thru Mojo but Tidal just comes out of the speaker on the phone.

Any pointers ?

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #4,730 of 42,765
am having trouble getting Tidal to play through Mojo using S5 Samsung running 5.0

I can get music to play using USB Audio Player Pro thru Mojo but Tidal just comes out of the speaker on the phone.

Any pointers ?

The latest USB pro update enables tidal support. It is on the drop down menu, you have to select it and than enter your tidal account details.

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #4,733 of 42,765
Tax exempt?

If I remember well from my time in Australia, anything below $1000 doesn't attract tax duties. I wish they would do that in England 
mad.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #4,734 of 42,765

If I remember well from my time in Australia, anything below $1000 doesn't attract tax duties. I wish they would do that in England 
mad.gif

they reduced the allowance last year for imported Goods it's now £15 approx. before VAT's added & I believe the 'Gift' allowance is £28 approx... they gotta hit the little guy so Amazon & the like can keep their tax exemptions.

ps... my Brother lives close to Exeter, you're welcome to him...
wink_face.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #4,735 of 42,765
Ref interference when playing using the Samsung Galaxy S5, I am experiencing minimal noise.

It is there, but at a low level; it's usable for sure, slightly noticeable when there's nothing playing and during v quiet passage. Disappears when in flight mode, not surprisingly.

It's not enough to annoy me or to make me want to use the flight mode when casually listening.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #4,736 of 42,765

they reduced the allowance last year for imported Goods it's now £15 approx. before VAT's added & I believe the 'Gift' allowance is £28 approx... they gotta hit the little guy so Amazon & the like can keep their tax exemptions.

argh, that's a shame. Thanks for the update.
The old regulation was good. It made sense in Australia where a lot of things are not distributed. If I had had to pay the taxes for all the records I got from overseas, it would certainly had been a lot more expensive. Now living in England I have to restrain myself from buying anything outside of the EU, or wait to have a really big order so that the added taxes are balanced by the overall cost. I mean, I'm all for paying the VAT, but the fees that the Royal Mail is taking are quite important. grrorr76 got lucky then. 

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #4,737 of 42,765
The latest USB pro update enables tidal support. It is on the drop down menu, you have to select it and than enter your tidal account details.

Problems with this. I'm just in contact with developer who has confirmed same issue and working on a fix ASAP.

This is related to my UAPP review on GooglePlay:

"Great Tidal has been added, how about Spotify! With my Note 4 & S6 streaming Tidal through my Chord Mojo USB DAC I get skipping with Tidal. It plays a track then on next one it plays a couple of seconds then can skip to next track (no pattern) no idea why. Will try straight out to earphones to see if its only an issue to the DAC. UPDATE: not just to DAC, headphone out too and downloaded Tidal music (not just streamed)"

Basic issues:

I've actually tried 3 Albums now and does same on all three

It actually went like this with album:

Plays first song fully
Plays ~3s of 2nd track
Plays 3rd track fully
Skips 4th track after ~ 3s then doesn't play anything again at all

From developer:

Davy Wentzler <info@extreamsd.com>

11:23 (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Yep, happened here. Will try to fix asap."

Also worth pointing out that Tidal in UAPP is only via streaming. It has no knowledge of any downloaded music so you will need an active internet connection and be using data all the time while playing (may be of concern to some if streaming HiFi over a limited 3g/4g connection). Also, Spotify cannot work this way in UAPP due to Spotify licensing issues.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #4,738 of 42,765
Further observations on the Mojo (+K3003) playing any files...

Settling in now, 24hrs in. Just difficult to put into words how good this is. I've never had the pleasure of hearing the Hugo, so it's all old hat for a lot of you guys. For me, It's an astonishing revolution in audio reproduction.

One thing keeps coming to mind when listening. Whatever it is I am listening to. Understanding. It just makes sense. Effortlessly understandable. I've never had such a privilege of understanding listening to music before. Jazz is especially good. Listening to Keith Jarrett Whisper Not just plain vanilla CD Rip. It's all just effortless, smooth, intelligible, like it's part of me, in the moment. It's so weird. It's not like it's specifically clearer or anything, over and above the IFI Nano IDSD Dac which I have been enjoying recently. But the Mojo is something else entirely. It's an illusionist of the highest order. With this heightened illusion comes heightened emotions, keener concentration, just more involvement, engagement.  Going back to the Jarrett i am currently listening to, it's all so inherently "right", the interplay between the trio is just perfect, delicate, sublime. The emotion is absolutely felt as if in the chamber with them. 

A key point for me has been that in the recent past, I have been nodding off when listening to music, noticeably so and it's been annoying to me. Listening to this, I am getting the oppositie reaction. Excitement, emotion, and absolutely no drowsiness, I just can't fail to concentrate on the music. I was up last night listening til around 2am and had to tear myself away to catch a few hrs.

Just awesome, literally.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #4,739 of 42,765
  Further observations on the Mojo (+K3003) playing any files...

Settling in now, 24hrs in. Just difficult to put into words how good this is. I've never had the pleasure of hearing the Hugo, so it's all old hat for a lot of you guys. For me, It's an astonishing revolution in audio reproduction.

One thing keeps coming to mind when listening. Whatever it is I am listening to. Understanding. It just makes sense. Effortlessly understandable. I've never had such a privilege of understanding listening to music before. Jazz is especially good. Listening to Keith Jarrett Whisper Not just plain vanilla CD Rip. It's all just effortless, smooth, intelligible, like it's part of me, in the moment. It's so weird. It's not like it's specifically clearer or anything, over and above the IFI Nano IDSD Dac which I have been enjoying recently. But the Mojo is something else entirely. It's an illusionist of the highest order. With this heightened illusion comes heightened emotions, keener concentration, just more involvement, engagement.  Going back to the Jarrett i am currently listening to, it's all so inherently "right", the interplay between the trio is just perfect, delicate, sublime. The emotion is absolutely felt as if in the chamber with them. 

A key point for me has been that in the recent past, I have been nodding off when listening to music, noticeably so and it's been annoying to me. Listening to this, I am getting the oppositie reaction. Excitement, emotion, and absolutely no drowsiness, I just can't fail to concentrate on the music. I was up last night listening til around 2am and had to tear myself away to catch a few hrs.

Just awesome, literally.

Nicely described. Best I'd heard prior to the Mojo was an HA-2 and the Sony ZX2 and Mojo is just so much better (I've never heard a Hugo either and would never spend so much on  a DAC/Amp myself). Jumping to the Shure SE846 IEM's (from sub £300 earphones) was my biggest gain in audio followed closely by the Mojo. I did spend £700 on the Sony ZX2 and did like the sound but after hearing the Mojo the ZX2 went back to Amazon in the 30day return window.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #4,740 of 42,765
Veritas.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back