Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 9, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #4,532 of 42,765
Thanks pal. 599 EUR is stupid though. I would be willing to pay 499, but thats it. We germans always get f'ed with those prices.

This post was three weeks ago but I just read it, (because I decided to try read the whole thread). You could always look on the Amazon UK website. You might find that some sellers or even Amazon will ship to Europe.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #4,533 of 42,765
  On my unit 2 out of the 3 balls seem to be rubbing when they rolls. As a result, the balls gets more and more scratched. Some scratches are very light while the other are a bit deeper as you can see  on the picture below. A bit annoying... Is it the same on yours?

I have a deep scratch, it looks like a hair is trapped in my ball (out of the box new Mojo) :frowning2: i know it's superficial but i like my Mojo balls to look good

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #4,534 of 42,765
I thought you just pressed the buttons. Why is there a need to roll them?

I even went zooming about on youtube looking to see how the Mojo operates. The only demo I saw was pressing the buttons and there was a slight click.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #4,535 of 42,765
Its because the OP stage is integrated with the OP filter. This means that Mojo analogue section is very simple, so giving Mojo's transparency, but the downside is a small variation in frequency response with load impedance.

Rob

My Adel A12's have an impedance of 16 Ohms, will the treble roll off be noticeable with them?

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #4,536 of 42,765
My Adel A12's have an impedance of 16 Ohms, will the treble roll off be noticeable with them?

No. 10kHz is a negligible -0.1dB, 20kHz -0.6dB.

If I took the filter out you would hear the difference, but its absolutely nothing to do with frequency response but to do with noise floor modulation caused by out of band noise.

Rob

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #4,537 of 42,765
okay I. Get it but if he's sold numbers of units perhaps I might consider to place a proper purchase order then just like all our other distributors seem to be able too. Greece may be a special case these days but if Bangladesh and other countries manage to place production orders then why can't Greece

first half of your post doesn't make sense (from a structure point of view) , but i don't mind

second half lies on being borderline offensive for Greece , which i mind

you have a public face here , and you should dip your tongue in your brain before being insulting with your comments

anyway do whatever you feel like doing with the demo unit , but remember this - a man will usually reveal his true self in times of great wealth or great misfortune - and i don't like what you have revealed in these last 2-3 posts (and i guess that mojo has brought you some wealth)

cheers 

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #4,538 of 42,765
first half of your post doesn't make sense (from a structure point of view) , but i don't mind

you have a public face here , and you should dip your tongue in your brain before being insulting with your comments

anyway do whatever you feel like doing with the demo unit , but remember this - a man will usually reveal his true self in times of great wealth or great misfortune - and i don't like what you have revealed in these last 2-3 posts (and i guess that mojo has brought you some wealth)

cheers 

Greece is a wonderful country. More important things happening than availability of luxury gadgets. This is a luxury item like a Gucci handbag. Let's all calm down.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #4,539 of 42,765
Hi all,
there is too much noise about us without us :)

After so many years being Chord's distributor I finally found out that John has to do some charity to us for the Mojo and had to find it out inside this Forum. Not even an email to the distributor about the charity?

Yes it happens that we get some free samples form our partners form times to times, from cheap pieces to very expensive and till now none of them has offend us.

But this is not the case.
I wrote "I can asks to buy 2 units for demo purposes"! 
Since when the above phrase I want to send 2 Mojo for free?
And why did the poor little distributor asks to buy 2 pieces instead of one? Because I wanted to send one to Greek Magazine for a review.
So the guy who wants to buy a demo unit to send it to a magazine for a review is the the man who needs a unit for free as a charity.

ok I 've learned something new today

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #4,540 of 42,765
he told me he has already sold 5 units , what's the definition of real intention ?

also is it true , that if he buys a demo/open box he can not sell it before 12 months lapse ?

anyway , as someone who is one try away from buying a mojo , all i am saying is ''why not work something out so that we can demo this bloody marvellous thing you built'' ?

i can always buy a used one here in 1-2 months , i don't really care - the only people who take a loss from the non existence of a demojo :p  is you and the official dealer

hoping a demojo :p  will land in Greece soon

(or sent me one so i can organise a demo tour with 3-4 greek members i know in here :evil:  )

cheers

That's the dealers responsibility.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #4,541 of 42,765
No. 10kHz is a negligible -0.1dB, 20kHz -0.6dB.

If I took the filter out you would hear the difference, but its absolutely nothing to do with frequency response but to do with noise floor modulation caused by out of band noise.

Rob

Thanks, I onky ask because the treble on the A12's is excellent but not in the "sparkly" sense. Man I can't wait to get my hands on a Mojo!! :heart_eyes:

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #4,542 of 42,765

cheers 

Lol, chill with the entitlement mentality bro. There is nothing wrong with Chord & the geniuses there aquiring great wealth. The market is voluntary and people's vote actually matters in it because they vote with their wallets. Chord have made-from all indications-what sounds like a freaking amazing product. They deserve to be rewarded for it, voluntary transactions are the most meaningful.

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #4,543 of 42,765

cheers 
Admittedly for the first part of my reply I should have checked before postings spellings however my point was simply that no distributor for Greece has attempted to place a proper production order with us. We had a request from someone we hardly know Someone we had not been In touch with for many years asking for free units. I do not understand how you can't appreciate that though we all love Greece as a country. That when I mentioned Greece I was obviously referring to a distributor in Greece not the country as a whole that we are not enamered with handing out free units to individuals just because they want them. But if you falsely want to take offence then please do so as it seems to be a very popular sport these days,

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #4,544 of 42,765
Admittedly for the first part of my reply I should have checked before postings spellings however my point was simply that no distributor for Greece has attempted to place a proper production order with us. We had a request from someone we hardly know Someone we had not been In touch with for many years asking for free units. I do not understand how you can't appreciate that though we all love Greece as a country. That when I mentioned Greece I was obviously referring to a distributor in Greece not the country as a whole that we are not enamered with handing out free units to individuals just because they want them. But if you falsely want to take offence then please do so as it seems to be a very popular sport these days,

if i misjudged your post , then none offence taken - i am not into popular sports

anyway, i will be hoping a demo unit can land in greece , like i said (and i am good at managerial thinking) , there is only profit to be made by sending anywhere (not just in Greece or bangladesh) a demo unit of a quality product

it is one of the most basic law of markets - if a product is good and you can experience its quality in person (and not through other people's experience) , you will probably end up buying it 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back