1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
Next

Last
  1. OK-Guy

I happened to be talking to Grado's UK-Distributor today and he was getting rave reviews about Mojo & Grado 325i pairing from several 'professional' Reviewers, great match according to him.

He also lent me the GS1000e for the Hugo-TT Tour, you can read the ongoing reviews on the link below, next review should be up in just over a week... btw enjoy your Mojo... [​IMG]

Link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-hugo-tt

2. jellofund
    Hi John,

For those of us not all that technically minded would you mind briefly explaining a bit more about what the function of the regulator is and what problems it might pose if faulty (if any) aside from the noise mentioned?

I know you say that any noise coming directly from the Mojo isn't normal but are we talking within normal earshot or even at very close range? In use, whether charging or not, I notice a slight high pitched 'chirruping' from mine (a bit like a low RPM PC fan) but only with the Mojo pressed directly against my ear. Presuming this is normal?

Thank you. 

3. ksb643
    I got mine from Moon Audio today. Been charging for about 2 hours now. I did listen to it for a few minutes, sounds pretty good out of the box. I tried a couple of dsd tracks.... and the sample freq light was purple? 384khz. I set Jriver  to do dsd over DOP. Any ideas? I'm using JRMC19.

4. xeroian

My vote also goes to this design.

I'd like the silver Mojo which seems to be lurking inside as well please.:hugging:

However what happens (to either solution) if someone wants to clip on one of the proposed add-on modules?

Ian

5. Mython Contributor

I don't anticipate that those cases will be particularly expensive - therefore, it might be quite viable to produce standard-sized versions and also extended versions, to simultaneously encompass both the Mojo and an attached add-on module. This could also confer a nice benefit of reinforcing the 'join' between the Mojo and the add-on.

6. mscott58
    DIY coax digital cable for Fiio X3 to Mojo for ~$12 via our friends at Amazon. Will likely work with other Fiio's or DAPs using coax out, but I have personally tested it on the X3 so I know it works there. 

One of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TX46IOG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
    (FYI ships from HK so can take a while)

Two of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I965ZC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Done and done

coaxcable3.jpg

coaxcable2.jpg

coaxcable1.jpg

Cheers

Currawong and masterpfa like this.
  7. Mython Contributor
    LL.jpg

Chord-Mojo-Iphone-6.jpg

(Image credit - Drew  @ Moonaudio)

This is just for fun, so excuse the roughness of this photoshopped mock-up, but this is the kind of thing I was imagining:

LLcopy.jpg

OK-Guy, mscott58 and x RELIC x like this.
  8. prismstorm
    Can the Mojo be used as a DAC to line out (press down both volume buttons during startup sequence, 3V) to a Mjolnir 2? What cable would I need?

9. x RELIC x Contributor

Yes. Something like this is all you need.

SES-IPOD-RCA03.jpg

10. prismstorm
    Thanks, what is the exact technical description of such a cable, something to RCA? 

The backstory is I am looking to setup my first desktop rig with DAC and AMP and headphones. Ideally it would be Gumby with Mjolnir 2 with LCD-4 but I want to take it step by step as I can't afford to acquire everything at once. So if I get Mojo I would have a good DAC and can therefore get the Mjolnir 2 first to drive the cans without also getting Gumby simultaneously and declaring bankruptcy   

costa0607 likes this.
  11. x RELIC x Contributor

3.5mm male TRS (stereo) to RCA stereo male.

I haven't heard the Gungnir multibit or the Mjolnir2 so I can't comment on the sound (by all accounts it should be great).

I'd be interested to know if the Mojo can drive the LCD-4... :wink_face:

12. hitman1
    I had to leave Stereo Exchange in NYC because I could not get it to work on the NOTE 4. My friend had a Samsung Galaxy S5 and would not work on that one either? The guy Ron put it on his NOTE 5 worked with no problem. Went across street to get the OTG Cable but they were out of them. I turned the phone off and the MOJO. Turned my phone on then the MOJO and it still did not work? I had to leave the store without it! I could not spend $600 on it and could not get it to work. I am really bummed! What is the solution?? I also got the APP soundabout and that did nothing for me either. I need a real solution. I have LOLLIPOP 5.0.1. Please let me know for sure its the OTG CABLE I need before I leave from NJ to ride two trains to go back to NYC. Thanks in ADVANCE.

13. Hififox
    Hi all,

I just picked up my mojo. I got a question about charging. I found it said I need 10 hours charging before first use, but when I plugged it with a 2 amp charger, the lights flashed as white then they all turned off. So that's means it's full charged or I still need 10 hours charging before my first use?

14. mscott58
    Try turning it on and seeing what the lights on the buttons/balls do. The two volume buttons should come on (usually both red to start) and then the power button should run through a rainbow of colors. If there's no signal the power button will then go dark, but the volume buttons will stay on. Give it a shot. Cheers 

15. oliverpool

Both looks good. But I prefer this! It's leather?

First

Back
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
Next

Last