Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 19, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #39,721 of 42,765
Hi,

I have a Mojo Always connected to a USB charger because I use the Mojo as a desktop DAC.

So the battery is FULL.

After 20-30 minutes of using the Mojo, I hear a whistle-hum sound from the Mojo (similar to the sound-whistle that I hear when the Mojo is in the last part of a charge).

Some of you using the Mojo like me (Always on charge, for desktop use) has the same issue?

Could I solve changing the charger (it's a good Anker 4A) for something else?

Could I solve using a powerbank instead of a charger?
firstly, its not a good practice to use it like that as ur battery will degrade quickly

ur usage is similar as mine as i use mojo as desktop dac last year. Simply open the 8 penta screw and disconnect the battery terminal wire. I practice that and even after 7 month the battery is good as new, easily last 8-9 hour

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #39,722 of 42,765
firstly, its not a good practice to use it like that as ur battery will degrade quickly

ur usage is similar as mine as i use mojo as desktop dac last year. Simply open the 8 penta screw and disconnect the battery terminal wire. I practice that and even after 7 month the battery is good as new, easily last 8-9 hour

Doing so will probably void the 1-year manufacturer warranty, right?

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #39,723 of 42,765
Hi,

I have a Mojo Always connected to a USB charger because I use the Mojo as a desktop DAC.

So the battery is FULL.

After 20-30 minutes of using the Mojo, I hear a whistle-hum sound from the Mojo (similar to the sound-whistle that I hear when the Mojo is in the last part of a charge).

Some of you using the Mojo like me (Always on charge, for desktop use) has the same issue?

Could I solve changing the charger (it's a good Anker 4A) for something else?

Could I solve using a powerbank instead of a charger?

Li-Po's don't like to be full, let alone always at a full state. You're killing the battery.

Jan 19, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #39,724 of 42,765

So it will?

I was just buying the right screwdriver as described above.

Li-Po's don't like to be full, let alone always at a full state. You're killing the battery.

What do you mean with “let alone always at a full state”? Could you explain me better?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #39,725 of 42,765
So it will?

I was just buying the right screwdriver as described above.

Yes, opening it would void the warranty (see post Post #39497). But it's only a 1-year warranty. How long have you had the unit? And you know it works just fine...

Jan 19, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #39,726 of 42,765
What do you mean with “let alone always at a full state”? Could you explain me better?

I just mean having it be at 100% charge for long periods of time, not good. Lithium ion batteries don't like that in general.

Jan 19, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #39,727 of 42,765
why it would? didnt see any seal tag on the chassis
the process is just as simple as installing ram on mobo, not like u modify anything.

Jan 19, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #39,728 of 42,765
there is a mojo partially covered image on chords facebook so i wonder if mojo 2 is here?

Jan 19, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #39,729 of 42,765
Is there a way to buy new batteries for the Poly? My Mojo is fine but the battery on the Poly is crap. I moved so I am no longer asking my dealer for support and the Canadian distributor told me to essentially "get lost." Tried Chord but they didn't really follow up 100%.

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #39,731 of 42,765
For the people here that have heard a R2R DAC around the Mojo's price (like the Audio GD R2R-11), do you find the Mojo as full and natural sounding as a good R2R DAC?

I'm asking because I'm wondering about the comments of R2R sounding fuller, smoother and more natural than DS, but I know the Mojo is not a standard DS design, so I'm wondering how it compares to a good R2R.

Maybe if there's a fuller sounding R2R dac out there around the price of the Mojo, I'll try it out.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #39,732 of 42,765

I did this method and found that it makes the humming/buzzing noise almost instantly. I tried multiple chargers and then all gave the same result. Can you confirm your setup does not have the buzzing and what charging volt/amps you are using? I would greatly appreciate it!

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #39,733 of 42,765
Is their website hacked!?

It refers me to a weird survey every time I enter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back