Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 31, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #39,661 of 42,765
Hi all,

wish you a happy last day of 2019.

i am currently using Mojo to burn in some Headphones. It obviously gets quite hot when usb charging and driving hp’s.

is it ok to keep it running over a few days continuously without and risk of damage or fire?
Maybe just plug the headphones directly into a computer or whatever is feeding mojo.

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #39,663 of 42,765
Hi every body and happy new year,
I'm a newbie here and tried to find a solution for my problem, but failed. Sorry if its addressed before, but I'm having occasional disturbing jitters in chord mojo accompanied by rapid flickering and flashing of lighted buttons. It's not a hum but rather a consecutive high pitch scratching type rapid noises.
This usually happens with DSD 128 or higher resolution music files. It doesn't happen much, and it's random. A specific track may play flawlessly now but encounters the problem the next session.Restarting mojo and/or changing usb port usually solves the problem, but temporarily. First I thought there's a problem with processing speed of my laptop which I usually use its usb port to feed my mojo. But I get the same problem with my Xiaomi Mi5s smartphone as well. I assumed a usb isolator might be of an answer, but do smartphones need a usb isolator too?

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #39,664 of 42,765
I'm a newbie here and tried to find a solution for my problem, but failed. Sorry if its addressed before, but I'm having occasional disturbing jitters in chord mojo accompanied by rapid flickering and flashing of lighted buttons. It's not a hum but rather a consecutive high pitch scratching type rapid noises.
This usually happens with DSD 128 or higher resolution music files. It doesn't happen much, and it's random. A specific track may play flawlessly now but encounters the problem the next session.Restarting mojo and/or changing usb port usually solves the problem, but temporarily. First I thought there's a problem with processing speed of my laptop which I usually use its usb port to feed my mojo. But I get the same problem with my Xiaomi Mi5s smartphone as well. I assumed a usb isolator might be of an answer, but do smartphones need a usb isolator too?
Sounds strange - can we think more tomorrow?

Jan 3, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #39,665 of 42,765

Does any other DAC exhibit this problem?

If it's a new Mojo, and it were me, I would be returning or claiming under warranty immediately.

Jan 3, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #39,666 of 42,765

Please tell us:
1) which Chord Mojo windows drivers are you using?
2) which app/program are you using for playback?

To me it looks like the Dsd file is being streamed out incorrectly. The Dsd file must be played out in Dsd-over-pcm (DOP) format.

Edit: May not be a driver or app problem if it is random.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #39,668 of 42,765
Does anyone here know what it means that the chord mojo can only be charged using a usb port with 1A current or higher?, My laptop has two 3.0 usb ports if this helps
They’ll do the job

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #39,673 of 42,765
I’ve been away from this thread for over a year now since I sold my Mojo. I did so with the anticipation that a Mojo 2 would be released sometime, and with the recent pricing on the Mojo falling to $399, I wonder if an updated version is in the offing.

My apologies if this has been addressed earlier, but if anyone knows what’s going on, I’d be greatly appreciative.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #39,674 of 42,765
Hi fellow forumers, earlier i post some update regarding new plan for chord electronic products.

As mentioned before there still no plan for Mojo 2 and additional information there will be some streamer module for hugo2.

Anyone can confirm about the Hugo2 streamer ? cause i heard this from dealer in malaysia.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #39,675 of 42,765
I’ve been away from this thread for over a year now since I sold my Mojo. I did so with the anticipation that a Mojo 2 would be released sometime, and with the recent pricing on the Mojo falling to $399, I wonder if an updated version is in the offing.

My apologies if this has been addressed earlier, but if anyone knows what’s going on, I’d be greatly appreciative.
unfortunately there still no mojo 2 on planning or production (confirmed by related distributor and dealer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back