1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. dakanao
    Does the sound quality of the Mojo get worse if the battery is nearly dead (on the red light)? I noticed that

2. rtm33
    With dongle almost half of a Mojo size...

3. Devodonaldson
    Don't understand that statement

4. rtm33
    Apple camera adapter is too big.
    [​IMG]

5. Devodonaldson
    Yes it is. That's why devices like this exist Screenshot_20191004-021433.png

6. Matpar
    Just my two cents on a recent topic in this thread: why if Mojo went down in retail price, then Poly seems not to follow same route?!
    :)

7. zorlin
    Finally got my hands on a Chord Mojo.

All I can saw is wow. I'm not super technical but this thing has absolutely blown me away and exceeded all expectations.

Hooster, captblaze, miketlse and 3 others like this.
  8. dgozalie
    Hello all...

i used to connect to my mojo using coaxial from rasp pi b+ and digi+... so far no problem and can play all song up to 192/24... cannot find any song higher than that....
    after i read all previous post, it seems Mr. Rob Watts prefer using optical over coax due to the no jitter/ electric interference... however i cannot play the 192/24 song using optical.. the highest is just up to 96/24...
    when i check out the mojo spec in website it states optical up to 96/24.. but when i check the pdf manual, it states the optical can go up to 192/24... which one the right ones ? can anyone ever got 192/24 bit playing using optical ?

Donny

9. GreenBow

If you start reading at this post, Post #4263 of 4341, the vey same thing just came up in the Qutest thread.

10. miketlse
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...official-thread.869417/page-287#post-15218552
    Owners have managed 192/24, but it requires both the cable and source device to be up to the job, which cannot be relied upon in 100% of cases.

11. Matpar
    IMG_20190928_144715.jpg

This Is xduoo xt10 II with stock optical cable from Amazon and Mojo... Frequency Rate seems to me pretty High.

12. Deftone
    It's the poly that should of had the price drop imo.

13. GreenBow
    Hell yeah!

I would never use more than the SD-Card.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  14. AC-12
    Hey Donny. Good choice on optical source. Chi-Fi DAP's likely cut corners on the optical out components, so nice to see a good high quality optical source posted. Quality of optical source does make a difference with the Hugo2 in my experience. Do you happen to have the Digi+ Pro?

hi.png

fi.png

I have no issues with 24-192 with Digi+ Pro and Hugo2. I use a Lifatec optical cable, but the Lifatec plastic (POF) cable also works with 24-192.

http://lifatec.com/toslink2.html

I'm purely off-grid battery going forward, so no mains in the mix. Zero noise and zero RFI/EMI, just a beautiful black abyss background . I'm using a Ghent Audio Gotham USB (only VCC/GND soldered) between the Anker battery bank and rPi0. Initially 3B+, but I'm focused on portability or at least transportability so switched to a lower footprint rPi0.

http://ghentaudio.com/part/dc-gac4.html

I also de-soldered off the Coaxial port as I consider that useless with Chord products as optical is the reference and noise-free.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  15. dakanao
    Every time I use the Mojo with my HD 650 in the evening, I find myself listening until late in the night… That treble quality and natural timbre is just addicting with the 650.