Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 4, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #3,826 of 42,765
It's still working fine other than the audible noise while charging. When playing music via USB or optical everything seems ok and I don't hear any noise. Definitely, it will go back to the store.

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #3,827 of 42,765
Now you know why I asked John their QC process, seems that they have a high rate of failures or low MTBF (mean time between failure).
biggrin.gif

Yes, your previous post was very blatantly a 'leading' question, but you are drastically overstating things - just because there have been a few mentions, in this thread, of issues, does not mean there is a 'high rate of failures' - Mojos are selling by the bucketload, globally.

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #3,828 of 42,765
Yes, your previous post was very blatantly a 'leading' question, but you are drastically overstating things - just because there have been a few mentions, in this thread, of issues, does not mean there is a 'high rate of failures' - Mojos are selling by the bucketload, globally.

I think you got this device too close to your heart, if they increase their output chances are you could have a higher rate of failures, it does not mean the whole batch is bad but two in a row is statistically significant. Let Chord discuss the matter and clear the air.

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #3,829 of 42,765
It's still working fine other than the audible noise while charging. When playing music via USB or optical everything seems ok and I don't hear any noise. Definitely, it will go back to the store.

Mine was doing the same thing. It stopped happening once I switched to a more powerful charger. If you're getting a full charge and there are no issues elsewhere then I think you're being a little bit hasty in returning it. It's not really a fault.

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #3,830 of 42,765

I think you got this device too close to your heart, if they increase their output chances are you could have a higher rate of failures, it does not mean the whole batch is bad but two in a row is statistically significant. Let Chord discuss the matter and clear the air.

Why do you think I have it close to my heart?

Because I started the thread?

No, I simply pointed out that you have seen/heard a few issues on the internet and then decided to state

.... seems that they have a high rate of failures or low MTBF (mean time between failure).
biggrin.gif

But they may represent only a tiny fraction of less than 1% of total units sold, for all you know.   No one (least of all me) is trying to hide anything - no air needs to be 'cleared', as you put it. John Franks has been very open about a few early units having issues that have now been addressed and anyone owning affected units will have them gladly replaced by Chord's dealer network.

Please be careful before you make public allegations that there are a 'high rate of failures' or 'low MTBF', based upon very little factual knowledge of the true numbers of perfectly-functional units vs a few faulty units, globally.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #3,831 of 42,765
Absolutely no issues with my Mojo and that includes being hooked up to my S6. (Qatar only has 4G so that may be a reason) 

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #3,833 of 42,765
Hi My mojo does not hold charge. The battery is empty after a couple of days without use from being fully charged. Any ideas? Thanks.

I assume it's turned off? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #3,834 of 42,765
I assume it's turned off? :veryevil:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Oh that's bad :D

Maybe another dud dude! :deadhorse:

Questions to Chord:

I went to Chord website and no info/data on the input charging power requirements except for the following:

Mojo charges in just 4 hours to provide up to 10 hours use.

Using a micro-USB, does that mean it can be charged on a computer USB input and if so that usually means a 5V/0.5A output which is way less than a 5V/2A charger might it be that it cannot perform fast charging?

What would you guys from Chord say as far as the power requirement for charging the battery?

I believe that's important to see if this can handle a faster charging time.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #3,836 of 42,765
Using a micro-USB, does that mean it can be charged on a computer USB input and if so that usually means a 5V/0.5A output which is way less than a 5V/2A charger might it be that it cannot perform fast charging?

What would you guys from Chord say as far as the power requirement for charging the battery?

I believe that's important to see if this can handle a faster charging time.

From the second post, at the beginning of this thread:

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #3,838 of 42,765
Fortunately we are well connected into our worldwide distribution network and we get daily enemy hourly up dates. It seems that we have indeed tapped a huge market as the volumes of orders now hitting us could not be from only us audiophiles our retailers are saying that they have never seen such frenetic sales activity before on any product like this before. So we are in for an interesting time I think.

Congratulations and thanks on creating and manufacturing such a superb, amazing and successful product :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back