Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 14, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #36,707 of 42,765
Ok, I found photos on via Google.
https://www.hifipro.ca/product/chord-electronics-mojo-original-battery-replacement-accessories

The battery itself consists of 2 cells (one cell has a nominal voltae of 3,7V)

2 cell batteries need to be charged with a balancing circuit to protect each individual cell.
To do this, 3 wires are required, but the Chord battery only has 2 wires.
This must mean that it has a balancing circuit built in.
(If it doesn't I would be shocked, and it would explain battery issues)

Installing a commercially available 2-cell battery without balancing circuit would be an almost certain recipy for desaster. When LiPo batteries were introduced in RC modelling, many batteries caught fire because of unbalanced charging or overcharging. Don't do it.
Swollen battery. Each one lasting around 1 yr. I owned mojo for around 2 years.

It is really frustrating.

I guess. The swollen battery is already putting tremendous pressure on the board. For the upper casing is no longer completely flat.

Seldom used the battery as source. Almost always used with usb powered connected to either pc or Mac.

So the charging cycles should be very low.
That is why I don't understand how chord could claim the battery life could be ten years. They are duped by their battery supplier?

Jun 14, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #36,708 of 42,765
Seldom used the battery as source. Almost always used with usb powered connected to either pc or Mac.
That is exactly the problem. Mojo battery is designed to be used. It is a portable device by default. Almost everyone who killed Mojo battery used it pretty much nonstop plugged in to power. Apparently this cooks the battery after a while. My first Mojo's battery died the same way. I used another Mojo for 18 months doing full cycles, using battery only and it works perfectly, just as new.

Jun 14, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #36,710 of 42,765
I have it for 1 month and the battery led turns green already after 1 and a half hours, is it normal?
This pic is from Mojo's manual. I assume you haven't read it.
battery.png

Jun 14, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #36,717 of 42,765
anyone knows the exact spec of the mojo battery please?

i would love to know the maximum dimensions in mm i could chuck in a customized battery. so as mah. i only know it's 7.4v. thank you.
Here is one of the pictures of the battery https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...n-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-2190#post-13571634
Note how the battery shape seems to have indentations that align with the positions of some of the components on the circuit board.

If your battery is so swollen that it will flex the machined aluminium case, have you contacted Chord support?

Jun 14, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #36,719 of 42,765
How long you can running mojo till the light red blink2 my friend?
Be careful about not running the battery down to blinking red very often.
The usual advice to maximise the battery life, is to cycle it within the middle range of charging, for example between 25% and 75%.
Most people who experience issues, keep the Mojo charging continually, resulting in the permanent 100% charged state.

Jun 14, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #36,720 of 42,765
Be careful about not running the battery down to blinking red very often.
The usual advice to maximise the battery life, is to cycle it within the middle range of charging, for example between 25% and 75%.
Most people who experience issues, keep the Mojo charging continually, resulting in the permanent 100% charged state.
I purchased my second hand mojo in death battery. I think the owner before me has bad attitude how to treat his mojo battery. That way i can not reach 9 hours usage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back