Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #36,692 of 42,765
I managed to purchase a used Mojo.

I listened it in-store and loved it :) Excellent clarity. Bit heavy but I think I can live with that.

Tried other amps but I think the Mojo is the best. I’ll be using it with my IEMs (EE Bravado, ER4XR, Campfire Comets/Novas).

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #36,693 of 42,765
I managed to purchase a used Mojo.

I listened it in-store and loved it :) Excellent clarity. Bit heavy but I think I can live with that.

Tried other amps but I think the Mojo is the best. I’ll be using it with my IEMs (EE Bravado, ER4XR, Campfire Comets/Novas).

Congratulations!
Enjoy it!
(And if you have a chance to hook it up to some speakers, try that too :) )

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #36,695 of 42,765
I have owned a Mojo for 18 months now and I am writing this post as a small thank you to Chord, for their excellent customer service.

First of all, the Mojo sounds amazing! I use it with my Ultrasone sig DJ's and my Sennheiser HD 650's, and it really brings out the best in them (especially the sig DJ's - an excellent pairing!)

Last week the Mojo broke! I was connecting a micro USB to the connector, and the connector came loose and is now moving around inside the device. After researching this quite extensively, and speaking to Chord today I can see that this is a very rare fault and I have just been unlucky. The company I bought the Mojo from offered a 2 year warranty, and there was initially some resistance from them distributor to repair the device. However after speaking to Chord directly they spoke to the distributor I bought from, and they have agreed to fix it under the warranty.

I really can't say enough good things about Chord for doing this. It's very rare these days that companies make their customers feel so valued, and so if anyone is sitting on the fence about buying a Mojo, please don't! Its well worth the price, and Chord are a fantastic company!

Jun 13, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #36,697 of 42,765
Ebay currently has 10% bucks back, so I ordered Chord Mojo from Audio46's ebay site. It will be arriving tomorrow. Super excited!!! After work I will look at all the methods people do to prolong the life of their Mojos (something to do with the battery). I think I will keep my other DAC Meridian Explorer 2 to use for gaming.

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #36,698 of 42,765
Ebay currently has 10% bucks back, so I ordered Chord Mojo from Audio46's ebay site. It will be arriving tomorrow. Super excited!!! After work I will look at all the methods people do to prolong the life of their Mojos (something to do with the battery). I think I will keep my other DAC Meridian Explorer 2 to use for gaming.

Congrats!
Regarding battery life - just avoid charging and using the Mojo at the same time to keep the temperatures lower.
Especially if you are planning to use it with the Chord Mojo case...

If possible I charge the Mojo on an open desktop surface to allow it to dissipate heat through the housing.

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #36,699 of 42,765
anyone knows the exact spec of the mojo battery please?

i would love to know the maximum dimensions in mm i could chuck in a customized battery. so as mah. i only know it's 7.4v. thank you.

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #36,700 of 42,765
anyone knows the exact spec of the mojo battery please?

i would love to know the maximum dimensions in mm i could chuck in a customized battery. so as mah. i only know it's 7.4v. thank you.
The battery was specially developed for Chord, so is already bespoke/customised. The battery spec is mentioned several times in the thread, and there are several open case photos showing that the outside of the battery is shaped to fit around some components on the circuit board. It does appear that the gap between the battery surface, and some of the components, is less than a millemetre. Based on that, if you choose to use a third party battery, with the wrong geometry, there must be a risk that you could place stress on the circuit board, and accidentally break some of the circuit board connections.

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #36,704 of 42,765
The battery was specially developed for Chord, so is already bespoke/customised. The battery spec is mentioned several times in the thread, and there are several open case photos showing that the outside of the battery is shaped to fit around some components on the circuit board. It does appear that the gap between the battery surface, and some of the components, is less than a millemetre. Based on that, if you choose to use a third party battery, with the wrong geometry, there must be a risk that you could place stress on the circuit board, and accidentally break some of the circuit board connections.

Ok, I found photos on via Google.
https://www.hifipro.ca/product/chord-electronics-mojo-original-battery-replacement-accessories

The battery itself consists of 2 cells (one cell has a nominal voltae of 3,7V)

2 cell batteries need to be charged with a balancing circuit to protect each individual cell.
To do this, 3 wires are required, but the Chord battery only has 2 wires.
This must mean that it has a balancing circuit built in.
(If it doesn't I would be shocked, and it would explain battery issues)

Installing a commercially available 2-cell battery without balancing circuit would be an almost certain recipy for desaster. When LiPo batteries were introduced in RC modelling, many batteries caught fire because of unbalanced charging or overcharging. Don't do it.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #36,705 of 42,765
Running chord mojo about 7 hours 25 minutes till death, is that normal? Already calibrate. I own second hand mojo.

My Mojo have already more than 1 year and it’s running 9 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back