Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 15, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #36,497 of 42,765
I would post
Hi fellow Poly/Mojo users. I just posted a question about Poly not working w/ QuickPlay (part of the GoFigure app on iOS) over in the Help/Recommendations forum. Would appreciate any help or tips anyone might have: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-poly-mojo-quickplay-issues.879813/

Thanks! Andreas
I would search this thread first instead. They have discussed this issue multiple times. As I don't use quickly (which only seems to be good with playlists) I can't help.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...r-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/

May 15, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #36,499 of 42,765
Thank a lot for your help, that QP1R looks like what I'm looking for, killer sound, powerful enough and simple to use. Do you know if this brand still doing update with their "old" models as I'm wondering how it will be within a few years.

Best discussed in Mo's excellent QP1R review thread. Updates are about one a year! Some are upset with battery indicator and wheel precision but if sound is important, it's a gem. So is Mojo!

May 15, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #36,500 of 42,765
I am still blown away with the quality of the mojo..... i have had it for one month now and I have a problem ...
I feel that I need to upgrade my bowers & wilkins c5 s2 in earphones :)
Has anyone tried the mojo with the shure SE 846 or the sennheiser ie800s earphones?
Will this be an upgrade?

May 15, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #36,501 of 42,765
I am still blown away with the quality of the mojo..... i have had it for one month now and I have a problem ...
Has anyone tried the mojo with the shure SE 846 or the sennheiser ie800s earphones?
Will this be an upgrade?

Watch out for the IE800 mk 2. They reviewed poorly. Make sure you get the first edition, if you buy them. I doubt you can go wrong with the shure SE 846.

No idea why you're asking if that would be an upgrade over you B&W.

May 15, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #36,502 of 42,765
Will this be an upgrade?

I have the 846 and the Hd800s, and I find the 846 to be really amazing, they are so much fun, couldn’t be happier with them with mojo. The Hd800s has better sound stage etc, but I end up listening to the 846 more, for different reasons, bit more practical with my current circumstances.

May 16, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #36,505 of 42,765
Watch out for the IE800 mk 2. They reviewed poorly. Make sure you get the first edition, if you buy them. I doubt you can go wrong with the shure SE 846.

No idea why you're asking if that would be an upgrade over you B&W.

The ie800S is superb with Mojo (and Hugo II). Most owners love them. I have only seen one poor review, What Hifi. When you say they reviewed poorly that sounds like a general consensus, what reviews?

May 16, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #36,506 of 42,765
Will this be an upgrade?

as well as ie800S comment above, I also recommend 846s. I couldn't decide out of original ie800 and 846. Bought one then 6 months later the other :). They get equal time.

May 16, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #36,507 of 42,765
I think the IE800 is sublime paired with the Mojo. I spend more time with this pairing
then with their bigger brother HD800!

May 16, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #36,508 of 42,765
I think you can choose an IEM without worrying about compatibility with the Mojo. The Mojo will play nice with just about all of them, and won’t much improve the sound of an IEM you don’t generally like. There are many threads on IEMs.

May 16, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #36,509 of 42,765
I'm sorry, it wasn't my first intention to criticize Chord, I'm just looking for advice from people who have or tried the Mojo and have or tried another stuff, so I thought this topic would be the right one .I'm also new here (even if reading regulary), despite my 2012 register date, so I can't open a new topic...
And I have a Mojo after all, so I can also talk about my experience (good or bad), it's always nice to relate it I think.
No need to apologize, this happens all the time in threads and there is really no reason you can't ask. As long as you aren't unfairly bashing a product in a thread a little OT discussion like this is fine. It also allows Chord to see what possible changes or directions they may consider for future products. Maybe not, but at least Chord can hear good and bad things from customers. I was in sales and marketing and there was a saying that when a customer is talking, you should be listening, and that even applies, maybe even applies more so, when a customer isn't just gushing and complimenting. The Mojo is a fantastic device and I suspect in it's category one of the most successful ever so a few people here and there who require something different even after trying it won't hurt the Mojo or Chord. I would buy the Mojo again in a second as I really loved the sound signature and wish I could have kept it around.

May 16, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #36,510 of 42,765
Hello, I am sorry for asking a question probably answered elsewhere, but I searched and searched for ages and still couldn't find the answer in the faq, the official websites, this thread nor elsewhere, with google nor the thread search tool. (and I have no possibility of reading 2,5K pages of discussion...)

The question is: What is the maximum length for the USB cable for Chord Mojo? I'm especially interested in the data cable and not the charging one.

I know that the USB standard gives max. 5m, but I have a stubborn image in my head of seeing a quideline of 1.5 metres (~5ft) or so, maybe from Rob Watts..? Also, it's next to impossible to find anything over 3m (~10ft), even A to micro B, let alone Micro B - Micro B (or C).

And secondarily, while we are at it, what would be the maximum length be for the 3,5mm -> RCA cord for the amplifier?

I now have a 5m A to B cable to connect the computer to iFi Audio iUSB Nano and from there a 1.5m A to Micro B cable to the Mojo (and another from the other port for power), which seems to work fine. Now I'm contemplating on the maximum length between the Mojo and an Android device.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back