Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 17, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #36,527 of 42,765
What do you mean by boot colors sequence?

When you turn on it, and it won’t restore correctly to normal mode, it for some seconds does a sequence of changing colours on the first ball?

May 18, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #36,530 of 42,765
is my impression if I change the standard mojo usb cable with another dirty sound?

Do you mean that the stock cable is better?

Yes it does

Then it should *restore* the normal mode. Because, in my case, I have an issue, it won't restore from level out mode to normal mode if I leave the charger connected, but also, in my case, it won't do the boot sequence too. Yours makes the boot sequence correctly.

May 18, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #36,533 of 42,765
After Mojo I need a Stationary Amp/Dac for listen classical music and jazz and I have 2 candidates:
Grace Design m900
RME ADI-2 DAC
The two incorporate the AKM 4490 chip.
I am interested in a warm sound to spend many hours without fatigue but at the same time be dynamic and with character.
What do you advise me and why?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #36,534 of 42,765
May 20, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #36,535 of 42,765
After Mojo I need a Stationary Amp/Dac for listen classical music and jazz and I have 2 candidates:
Grace Design m900
RME ADI-2 DAC
The two incorporate the AKM 4490 chip.
I am interested in a warm sound to spend many hours without fatigue but at the same time be dynamic and with character.
What do you advise me and why?
Thanks in advance

I have no experience with the mentioned DACs but the sound you are looking makes me think of Mojo + Audioquest Nighthawk or Nightowl.
Since they are being sold off at the moment at very attractive prices I thought I’d mention them here.

They are both warm and fatigue free sounding, and are supremely comfortable.
Nighthawk has a slightly more open soundstage and more relaxed sound, Nightowl sounds similar, slightly smaller soundstage, a bit more dynamic, a little more forward and with a drier, deeper and punchier bass. Differences described here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...-nighthawk-carbon.877466/page-2#post-14249686

Based on the description of what you are looking for, I guess you’d like the Nighthawks.

PS: what makes you look for a desktop amp over the Mojo?
I have a Cayin N3 which uses the AKM 4490 chip and the Mojo is far better.

May 20, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #36,536 of 42,765
Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #36,538 of 42,765
Hi Guys,
today I was doing some A/B tests between mojo & dragonfly black.
I have listened the following albums through the Tidal desktop app with my Noble X:
Chicago Transit Authority
Pink Floyd The Division Bell (HD 24/96 version)
Miles Davis Kind of Blue

Sadly I've noticed that there's no a huge difference between the two DACs.
Please tell me that I'm wrong here, Mojo costs 4 times the DFB...what if I will compare it with DFR (that should be even better)? :frowning2:

May 21, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #36,539 of 42,765
Hi Guys,
today I was doing some A/B tests between mojo & dragonfly black.
I have listened the following albums through the Tidal desktop app with my Noble X:
Chicago Transit Authority
Pink Floyd The Division Bell (HD 24/96 version)
Miles Davis Kind of Blue

Sadly I've noticed that there's no a huge difference between the two DACs.
Please tell me that I'm wrong here, Mojo costs 4 times the DFB...what if I will compare it with DFR (that should be even better)? :frowning2:
What headphones did you use to compare the two DACs? It is more difficult to pick up differences with lower end gear.
If you used better headphones and you still can't hear the difference, sell the Mojo and spend your savings on something else. Some of us will envy you.

May 21, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #36,540 of 42,765
I'm using only IEMs at the moment......yes I should try Mojo with some headphones......maybe this will justify the higher price (hopefully)......with IEMs the difference is still there but very very subtle IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back