Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 1, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #36,301 of 42,765
I love this forum! Thanks for sharing this. I will use my Mojo with the Hiby R3, so I bought Shanling L2 cable for it. But if one day I come back to iPhone as a transport, I will buy the cable you have linked.

Yeah, for me this is a minor lifesaver. I'm a remote working software dev and often work out of cafes that have wifi too sketchy to reliably stream Tidal hifi. So much nicer in those situations to have a tidy stack of my iPhone 6SE/mojo on a cramped table w/ my MBP and large mocha/latte/bagel, etc.

May 1, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #36,302 of 42,765
Just an update for the newer Meenova cable - has been working without issue over the past 24 hours. I've spent at least a few hours listening, plugged/unplugged a few times. It's so nice to be able to use my iPhone w/ Mojo again.

What version of IOS are you using. I noticed that the Penon Audio cable says it is only good up to 11.2.6 and no 11.3

May 2, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #36,303 of 42,765
So I've been getting buzzing noises when my mojo is plugged into my phone. I first thought it might be what people say is rfi or something idk, and it goes away with airplane mode. I don't want to set my phone to airplane mode all the time but the buzzing is really bad at times. I did some testing and noticed that the buzzing is only present when the phone is part of the system. If i plug the mojo into my computer and have my phone sitting atop my mojo, theres is no buzzing problem. anyone know how to fix it without relying on airplane mode?

May 2, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #36,304 of 42,765
So I've been getting buzzing noises when my mojo is plugged into my phone. I first thought it might be what people say is rfi or something idk, and it goes away with airplane mode. I don't want to set my phone to airplane mode all the time but the buzzing is really bad at times. I did some testing and noticed that the buzzing is only present when the phone is part of the system. If i plug the mojo into my computer and have my phone sitting atop my mojo, theres is no buzzing problem. anyone know how to fix it without relying on airplane mode?

Get a Poly :wink: Or keep the wires away from the the phone. The interference is caused by the phone's magnetic field generating small currents in the wires and the Mojo itself. Use a ferrite core on the USB input. I find a good quality twisted or well screened cable on the IEM or Headphone cable helps too.

May 2, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #36,305 of 42,765

Just for the sake of troubleshooting the issue, it might be worth trying an alternative cable, just fo check that your cable doesn't have a dodgy connection at one end or the other, or a dodgy CCK chip connection, or even a dodgy strand of wire within the sheath.

Attachments

• funny-tongue-wag-smiley-emoticon.gif
    funny-tongue-wag-smiley-emoticon.gif
    11 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #36,306 of 42,765
What phone is it?

May 2, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #36,309 of 42,765
What version of IOS are you using. I noticed that the Penon Audio cable says it is only good up to 11.2.6 and no 11.3

I'm at 11.3. A Penon Audio owner also piped in and said they're on 11.3 with no issues, have had the cable since last summer without incident.

The caveat on my end is I'm only playing hifi thru Tidal, so no high res. The Penon Audio description says something about "formats decoding", so perhaps that's what it's getting at.

Also per the conversation directly above, I haven't noticed any buzzing in the audio stream and am not putting my iPhone in airplane mode - I'm very familiar with that buzzing too and have fought it in the past. Haven't really put it through its paces yet in areas with marginal reception though.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #36,311 of 42,765
Does using chords quarter inch to 3.5mm adaptor generally have any negative effect on sq as opposed to plugging the headphone directly into mojo? The metal on metal contact? In my situation my oppo pm1 3.5mm jack does not fit mojo so i use the adaptor.

May 2, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #36,312 of 42,765
Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #36,313 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back