Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #36,196 of 42,765
I have an acustic research m2 but I do not have a digital output, can I use the mojo and get good results?

You must feed Mojo a digital signal.

You will need to find a smartphone, computer, DAP, tablet, or Poly, to output a digital signal for Mojo to use.

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #36,198 of 42,765
I have an acustic research m2 but I do not have a digital output, can I use the mojo and get good results?

You must feed Mojo a digital signal.

You will need to find a smartphone, computer, DAP, tablet, or Poly, to output a digital signal for Mojo to use.

I can not use AR M2 with otg cable as a smartphone?

I know that the AR-M2 exists (well over a year, now, iirc)

www.acousticresearch-hifi.com/AR-M2/

However, I am not familiar with its capabilities, and I cannot see any mention of digital-output on the above website, so, when you said you have the player but do not have a digital output, I took you at your word.

Can the AR-M2 output a digital audio stream from its microUSB socket? If it can, then it will work with an OTG cable, sending the signal to Mojo, but you must check if AR-M2 has the ability to output a digital audio stream from its microUSB socket

Apr 25, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #36,201 of 42,765
Just had to buy a CCK 3 As my standard CCK had stopped working. This really is a very messy solution!

A cynical person might wonder if Apple might deliberately be trying to prevent 3rd-party CCK2-circumvention cables from working.

An even more cynical person might even wonder if a hundred thousand genuine-Apple CCK2 customers might be forced to purchase CCK3s, making Apple another easy million dollars or more, in the process.

Fortunately, I'm not a cynical person.

On a more serious note, I hope CCK2 functionality gets reliably 'fixed' for all Apple customers, as soon as possible. I don't like seeing fellow Head-Fiers go through unnecessary hassle in order to enjoy their music, which is supposed to reduce stress in their lives.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #36,202 of 42,765
A cynical person might wonder if Apple might deliberately be trying to prevent 3rd-party CCK2-circumvention cables from working.

An even more cynical person might even wonder if a hundred thousand genuine-Apple CCK2 customers might be forced to purchase CCK3s, making Apple another easy million dollars or more, in the process.

On a more serious note, I hope CCK2 functionality gets reliably 'fixed' for all Apple customers, as soon as possible. I don't like seeing fellow Head-Fiers go through unnecessary hassle in order to enjoy their music, which is supposed to reduce stress in their lives.
I meant that the whole CCK workaround is a mess. I know the problem Chord have with Apple and I understand that they do not want to give an unreasonable amount of detail about their product into the public domain. Having said that Chord market the Mojo as a smartphone upgrade. IME. that aspect of the Mojo is an utter PITA.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #36,203 of 42,765

I've just bought a pair of Audeze iSine 20s which have a DAC in their IOS lightning cable. Audeze have licensed the decryption technology from Apple and it makes for an elegant solution that doesn't need a CCK. I also had a TEAC portable amp that was similarly licensed.

It's a pity Chord didn't follow the same approach.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #36,204 of 42,765
I meant that the whole CCK workaround is a mess. I know the problem Chord have with Apple and I understand that they do not want to give an unreasonable amount of detail about their product into the public domain. Having said that Chord market the Mojo as a smartphone upgrade. IME. that aspect of the Mojo is an utter PITA.

I've just bought a pair of Audeze iSine 20s which have a DAC in their IOS lightning cable. Audeze have licensed the decryption technology from Apple and it makes for an elegant solution that doesn't need a CCK. I also had a TEAC portable amp that was similarly licensed.

It's a pity Chord didn't follow the same approach.

Mojo is platform agnostic. It is neutral.

The blame for the inconvenience of CCK/MFI lies squarely at APPLE's door, for serving their own interests.

Sony are similarly selfish, in creating a proprietary encryption that doesn't need to exist, on their DAPs.

If other companies choose to kiss Apple's ring, then that is their prerogative, but I don't feel any company is actually obligated to do the same.

Blame the companies that enrypt the digital output, not the companies who have no wish to get involved in implementing and licensing proprietary decryption that has no legitimate need to exist in the marketplace.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #36,205 of 42,765
Mojo is platform agnostic. It is neutral.

The blame for the inconvenience of CCK/MFI lies squarely at APPLE's door, for serving their own interests.

Sony are similarly selfish, in creating a proprietary encryption that doesn't need to exist, on their DAPs.

If other companies choose to kiss Apple's ring, then that is their prerogative, but I don't feel any company is actually obligated to do the same.

Blame the companies that enrypt the digital output, not the companies who have no wish to get involved in implementing and licensing proprietary decryption that has no legitimate need to exist in the marketplace.
I have no wish to bash Chord but this is seriously diminishing my enjoyment of thier product.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #36,206 of 42,765
I have no wish to bash Chord but this is seriously diminishing my enjoyment of thier product.

Apple are to blame, not Chord, but it seems you are dead-set on pointing the finger of blame at Chord.

If you don't like MFI hassles, then why buy an iPhone?

I don't mean to seem argumentative, but it simply isn't fair to blame Chord for MFI, when they did not create the problem.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #36,207 of 42,765
If you don't like MFI hassles, then why buy an iPhone?

Simple answer here. Apple makes the superior phone. Chord makes the superior DAC.

It’s just too bad there isn’t an elegant solution to use both at once.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #36,209 of 42,765

I'm with you. As a matter of facts Apple did it with a "CCK2-circumvention cable" I still own.

Back to Mojo: it is PERFECTLY understandable Chord's stance. I would do myself my utmost in order to not disclose the results of some 30yrs of research and work.

Apr 25, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #36,210 of 42,765

I know my official CCK 2 stopped working a few IOS updates ago. I truely believe apple “phased” them out to force the CCK 3 down everyone’s throat. smh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back