Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 3, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #3,586 of 42,765
Nov 3, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #3,587 of 42,765
Got my Mojo working!

As requested photos of Sony Z5 mobile working with Mojo.

Playing Bob Marley 24/192, Chris Von-Scheidern 16/44 and Marvin Gaye DFF/DSD 2.8

Nice to see they are now using a bottom mount for the usb! That's one thing that always put me off getting a Sony phone was having the usb on the side which would be terrible ergonomically for stacking... Thanks for sharing.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #3,589 of 42,765

A wee bump for own post to catch uk users who may have an answer to this.

McCol... convert the $-price to Pounds then add 23% (20% VAT + 3% Import Duty), you'll also get hit for a handling-fee of anything between £15-25 (RM is cheapest), hth.

I tend to go the Luxemburg-Option route, if it's good enough for Amazon etc. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #3,590 of 42,765
Didn't Rob already mention that the Mojo is well insulated and it's the cable that acts as an antennae for RF / EMI. When I tested it I only had noise, pops, clicks when on 2G/Edge networks and WiFi didn't interfere with the signal AFAIK. The killer for me was getting a message on my phone and hearing it through the Mojo. Last time I want listen to my phone ring through my headphones. Easy decision for me after that to use airplane mode, or a DAP.

Smartphone makers do not design the devices they make to be stacked with another device. Hence, they have a higher tolerance of RF interference. IMO it's up to the external device makers to make the proper insulation since they supplement a function that already exist in smartphones.

That's what you'd like to see but even though they have their fancy enclosures, Wifi and Cell signals are pretty powerful. They just get through any enclosure openings you have available so again using a smartphone is not the right way to stack a DAC. I think Chord should strap an iPhone onto their Mojo and take some measurements while I call them up. I can guarantee you they'll see some spikes on the headphone out line. :wink:

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #3,592 of 42,765
That's what you'd like to see but even though they have their fancy enclosures, Wifi and Cell signals are pretty powerful. They just get through any enclosure openings you have available so again using a smartphone is not the right way to stack a DAC. I think Chord should strap an iPhone onto their Mojo and take some measurements while I call them up. I can guarantee you they'll see some spikes on the headphone out line. :wink:

Interestingly enough, I get very little interference from my iP6 with the Hugo (unless I actually get a phonecall obviously), but more through the ALO CDM. I wouldve assumed the Mojo is close to the Hugo in terms of isolation....

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #3,593 of 42,765
Thanks to Arnolfibus and Tony1110!, mine has been charge for more than 12hrs but the charging light still on. Anyway, I went back to the shop to change a new one. Thanks so much to all who help me!

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #3,594 of 42,765
I don't know if I should laugh or congratulate you but your Mojo looks fabulous with your Z5.
biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBmury81Ws

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #3,595 of 42,765
Personally, i find that mojo sound is more warm than hugo. Hugo has really good details compare to mojo so i find that hugo is really suitable for my hifi system while mojo will be my portable amp as now i use ath-r70x which is power hungry but real good natural sound and almost ruler flat tuning headphone.

Initial, I was quite sad that after i buy hugo for a month plus, this mojo came out. But now, i think it is ok as my hugo is mainly bought for my hifi system and hugo sound is indeed better than mojo for details wise.

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #3,596 of 42,765
I was wondering if there are any further reviews in the pipeline from any of the users in the group?

I would love to hear more about the sound and specific comparisons with other devices, and compatibility and testing with difference transducers, etc. There are only 2 reviews so far for this "game changing" device. 

Having said that, I'm 100% sold on getting one asap, lol. Not like I need convincing, just need to satisfy my lack of ownership by reading about it :)

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #3,598 of 42,765
You're supposed to charge it 10 hours the first time. It's now 5 hours and the white light has gone off. Must ... Be ... Patient?

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #3,599 of 42,765
You're supposed to charge it 10 hours the first time. It's now 5 hours and the white light has gone off. Must ... Be ... Patient?

That is the case if your Mojo is old stock, at this rate there is no old stock Mojo, they simply arent staying on shelf long enough to discharge.

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #3,600 of 42,765
Now working with DX90, As per my earlier post I don't have anything labelled as coax cable,
The one supplied with DX90 doesn't fit. So I thought I'd try any cable.
And so far every single one works, If this sound is broken or cable used is holding it back I'd love to 
hear it with a proper cable,!! it sounds faultless to me, full tonal spectrum. Nothing added or taken away.

The lights don't show up well on my camera, but as you can see The Who DSD is playing (yellow light)

cable above is freebee Fiio supply

cable below was free from IFI at a trade show, both are analogue interconnects working as digital!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back