Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 1, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #35,506 of 42,765
I use the USB kit and the rubber band to hold the two together. I ride the subway, so want it to be as portable as possible. if I move them away from each other, I get no interference...but then it's not exactly convenient.

Well, I get your point. It is not very convenient to have the two apart...
But in the subway, the phone will for sure be struggling for signal...

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #35,507 of 42,765
Has anyone been using the Mojo has a dac connected to a good amplifier and speakers?
How does it perform?
How does it compare to other more “traditional” dacs in a hifi setup?
Even with my beginner setup (Infinity Primus P363), I prefer HUGO to Mojo. HUGO adds a bit more air and separation between instrument.
HUGO also does not suffer from heating while being used and charged at the same time. Also, it has few more ports + Bluetooth.
For full size headphones, Speakers - Hugo. IEMs, Portable Headphones - Mojo
I would try to get a used HUGO, if you're going to use in a tradition hi-fi setup.

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #35,508 of 42,765
Even with my beginner setup (Infinity Primus P363), I prefer HUGO to Mojo. HUGO adds a bit more air and separation between instrument.
HUGO also does not suffer from heating while being used and charged at the same time. Also, it has few more ports + Bluetooth.
For full size headphones, Speakers - Hugo. IEMs, Portable Headphones - Mojo
I would try to get a used HUGO, if you're going to use in a tradition hi-fi setup.

Thank you :)

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #35,509 of 42,765
And this is why poly is a nice add on - as you get your phone back - rather than being tethered.
Suppose that’s life, you can have any two of three qualities, but you can’t have them all together at the same time :)

Does this actually solve this issue? I have the mojo plugged into my desktop. It's 1 meter from my phone and still consistently producing rf noise.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #35,510 of 42,765
This interference I get with my mojo and iPhone is a real buzz kill. I shouldn't have to put my phone in airplane mode when I'm on the go. :triportsad:

Please try adding these ferrite beads to your usb cable. Several have reported that it helps with EMI noise.
These are very cheap on ebay/amazon.

I use the ferrite choke for my coaxial cable. I don't know how to describe the sound but I like it :)

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #35,511 of 42,765
Does this actually solve this issue? I have the mojo plugged into my desktop. It's 1 meter from my phone and still consistently producing rf noise.
It sounds to me like your experience may be atypical, but for the reasons why that is, i'm not sure.

But as stated above, your phone will be going mad in the subway seeking a network, other people have previously posted about the subway being a particularly bad place for interference.

If i were you, I'd have strategies to work around it, so when I'm in the subway, and i want to listen to a DAC connected to a phone, I'd go into airplane mode and I'd have offline music lined up for that purpose.

But if you're getting RF, in normal usage conditions, with your phone 1 meter away from your mojo, then I think your right to try to understand why, maybe more forum members can contribute their experience if they have that problem also.

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #35,512 of 42,765
Please try adding these ferrite beads to your usb cable. Several have reported that it helps with EMI noise.
These are very cheap on ebay/amazon.
Do you have the amazon link for this one pictured ?

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #35,514 of 42,765
Here you go. Check your cable's diameter before ordering.

https://www.amazon.com/Topnisus-Ant...519983378&sr=8-19&keywords=ferrite+beads&th=1

61CmZBxNCJL._SL1000_.jpg

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #35,515 of 42,765
It sounds to me like your experience may be atypical, but for the reasons why that is, i'm not sure.

But as stated above, your phone will be going mad in the subway seeking a network, other people have previously posted about the subway being a particularly bad place for interference.

If i were you, I'd have strategies to work around it, so when I'm in the subway, and i want to listen to a DAC connected to a phone, I'd go into airplane mode and I'd have offline music lined up for that purpose.

But if you're getting RF, in normal usage conditions, with your phone 1 meter away from your mojo, then I think your right to try to understand why, maybe more forum members can contribute their experience if they have that problem also.

It's not just the Mojo, any of the cables connected to it can act as an antenna and cause EMI noise. May be the cables are nearby phone.
Also the extent of this issue varies by carriers (due to the various bands that are being used) and the available signal strength.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #35,516 of 42,765
It's not just the Mojo, any of the cables connected to it can act as an antenna and cause EMI noise. May be the cables are nearby phone.
Also the extent of this issue varies by carriers (due to the various bands that are being used) and the available signal strength.

I've never had a device quite this sensitive to RF. So, while it is fair to say that this isn't just a Mojo issue it would also be fair to say that the Mojo is particularly sensitive.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #35,517 of 42,765
Have to say I'm enjoying my renaissance with the mojo...

It pairs fantastically with the AK T8ie mkII, seriously some of the best full sized rig sound I've ever had out of a portable setup with IEMs (with my agad AK120 Titan), really don't think I could ask for more, with the synergy that is on offer...

That being said, if there is a portable DAC with a darker background that anyone can recommend, I'll be appreciative.

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #35,519 of 42,765
Have to say I'm enjoying my renaissance with the mojo...

That being said, if there is a portable DAC with a darker background that anyone can recommend, I'll be appreciative.

Which input do you use?

Side note:

Day two with my mojo. This is the best purchase I’ve made since I got my first pair of custom iems. I really love this thing.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #35,520 of 42,765
Which input do you use?

Side note:

Day two with my mojo. This is the best purchase I’ve made since I got my first pair of custom iems. I really love this thing.
Optical for me, been too long that this little setup has been sat on the side :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back