Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 4, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #35,536 of 42,765
Mar 4, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #35,537 of 42,765
The mojo contains no functionality for frequency or loudness equalisation - it merely accurately converts the digital signal it receives, into the analogue sound output.
That means that any frequency or loudness equalisation, has to be performed by the PC.
There are a few posters (especially @JaZZ and @Music Alchemist) who have described in some detail their experiences with equalisation, and the software that they use.
My suggestion would be to search the Chord threads for some of their posts. You may be in luck, and one of them will reply to your post.

Dear Miketlse,

Thank you so much for your reply.
I've researched @JaZZ and @Music Alchemist 's posts, but unfrotunately they do not apply to my situation.
They use either a foobar EQ plugin or a VST EQ plugin, that are specific to listening to music via a player from their PCs.

What i need is an OS level equalizer / loudness correction that works for all applications, especially the ones that do not support audio plugins, such as games.

Could somebody using the Mojo on Windows 10 give me a hand with this please?
If you go to "Sound settings"/"Playback", right click your Mojo and go to "Properties", what do you see in the "Enhancements" tab?
Could you maybe please post a screeshot?

Thanks!

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #35,541 of 42,765
Can it be used some other way than as a DAC? :xf_eek: :xf_eek:

What about Aeon Closed back? Can you say how big are improvements between Hugo 2 and Mojo with these? Oh, have you also heard the open version of those?

Aeon closed is what I use myself for flights - I am sat in a lounge now in SFO looking forward to listening with Hugo 2 and my Aeons. Great headphones with extremely good perception of depth and pinpoint lateral imagery. I have not heard the open version. Aeon's work extremely well with both Mojo and Hugo 2, but allow you to easily hear Hugo 2's improvements.

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #35,542 of 42,765
Hi Rob, did you get a trip up to the Golden Gate? East Midlands is nearly there!!:floatsmile:

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #35,544 of 42,765
I'm not jealous honest :smile_phones:. Wishing you a pleasant flight. Mk

Mar 9, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #35,549 of 42,765
Has anyone found the Chord Mojo surprisingly powerful?

Listening with Sennheiser HD599s, I have to put the volume below the red (in the IEM range) on some tracks it's so loud.

Mar 9, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #35,550 of 42,765
Has anyone found the Chord Mojo surprisingly powerful?

Listening with Sennheiser HD599s, I have to put the volume below the red (in the IEM range) on some tracks it's so loud.

The opposite has been my experience. When I had my HD 6XXs, the volume on my Mojo was in the white range to be heard at slightly above normal levels. Same with the Concero HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back