Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 1, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #34,277 of 42,765
Thanks for the feedback. Battery life understandably worries potential owners like @DivaFonda, so any 'return on experience' on the advice that I (and several other long-term members of the Chord threads) provide 'in good faith' is very welcome.

The consensus seems to be emerging that it is not so much 'heavy usage' that poses a risk, but rather leaving the mojo on charge 24/7 for months on end. The consensus is also that the battery life will be maximised, if the normal usage is to keep the battery operating within the range 25% to 75% charged. I try and follow this regime myself, and have experienced no problems - but I should also add that I do not use my Mojo heavily every day (I am not from the generation which is listening to music 16h/d, every day). :relaxed:

I also had a dying battery after 1½ year of moderate use, say between 500 to 600 hours of use in total over 1½ years. I am using the Mojo 2x per day while commuting. What worked for me is charging it to full, disconnect the charger and then let the Mojo play continuously with headphones connected, but without my USB source connected. To my surpise it played about 8 hours. Next I used the Mojo during commuting and it turned out I get at least 7 hours playing time as I am used to.
What a relief, happy that I do not have to buy a new battery.

I hope that others with a battery issue will have the same luck.

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #34,279 of 42,765
I'm going to weigh in on the RF interference and battery issues using the exact science of anecdotal evidence as per my ownership of the Mojo:

Using this OTG cable with my S7 I have not once experienced any RF interference, nor do I experience any interference if my phone is in the general vicinity (~20cm) of the Mojo, or on-top/underneath the Mojo. The same is true when using it with the computer and the phone being next to it.

Lé Mojo spends 99.2% of its life plugged into the mains as the muscial lungs for my desktop. Still get 6-8 hours of battery life.

Everyone else is obviously lying because it just doesn't measure up to my own personal, scientific experiences.

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #34,280 of 42,765
I'm going to weigh in on the RF interference and battery issues using the exact science of anecdotal evidence as per my ownership of the Mojo:

Using this OTG cable with my S7 I have not once experienced any RF interference, nor do I experience any interference if my phone is in the general vicinity (~20cm) of the Mojo, or on-top/underneath the Mojo. The same is true when using it with the computer and the phone being next to it.

Lé Mojo spends 99.2% of its life plugged into the mains as the muscial lungs for my desktop. Still get 6-8 hours of battery life.

Everyone else is obviously lying because it just doesn't measure up to my own personal, scientific experiences.

Cable ordered (your link didn't work but I found it on Amazon) If it really is the magic bullet to fix Mojo interference issues I will let you know. :)

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #34,282 of 42,765

Good to know you don't have problems with the s7, planning to get one. Do you have the normal or Edge version?

By the way, all S7 owners are obviously liars since with the S5 the interference has been scientifically proven to be bloody annoying :)

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #34,283 of 42,765

RE: RF Interference

That's quite an accusation. I just tried my Mojo with my KEYone and i do hear interference from time to time (both with and without music, phone on top of Mojo - but a few cm away, i don't hear it)

If you don't experience such, that doesn't mean other users (and a lot of us here) are lying about their experience. (The same concept happens to almost all electronic device - some users have issues, some don't) There are a lot of factors to consider when it comes to interference. So your experience may or may not directly translate to what others are experiencing - and it shouldn't be a basis of how you will judge others (just because you haven't experienced it)

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #34,284 of 42,765

That's quite an accusation. I just tried my Mojo with my KEYone and i do hear interference from time to time (both with and without music, phone on top of Mojo - but a few cm away, i don't hear it)

If you don't experience such, that doesn't mean other users (and a lot of us here) are lying about their experience. (The same concept happens to almost all electronic device - some users have issues, some don't) There are a lot of factors to consider when it comes to interference. So your experience may or may not directly translate to what others are experiencing - and it shouldn't be a basis of how you will judge others (just because you haven't experienced it)

Is there something about the internet that makes people lose their sense of humour?

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #34,285 of 42,765

Is there something about the internet that makes people lose their sense of humour?

Yep, I was very clearly joking what with the whole "scientific experiences" phrase.

Nov 3, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #34,287 of 42,765
I see. Then i was out of line.

I wouldn't worry about it. There really does need to be a better way of expressing this sort of humour, through text: perhaps a 'take this with a pinch of salt' emoji? I do know, from personal experience, that reading what I write subjectively often makes it hard for others to understand just how wrong they all are, and how fully awesome my own perspective is.

Now can we can get back to berating the Mojo's battery and RF interference issues (neither of which I have ever experienced)?

Nov 3, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #34,289 of 42,765
Just wanted to report my results with getting a new Mojo replacement battery per option 2 in the above instructions.

I contacted @Mojo ideas and within a week I had a new battery ready for pick up at the dealer. Hats off to Chord and @Mojo ideas for the excellent support.

Well, I replaced the battery a few days ago and I'm happy to say that it fixed my problem with the Mojo shutting off. For anyone thinking about replacing their own battery, it's extremely easy. You just need the correct Torx driver to remove the case screws. The battery is held in place with double sided tape so just gently pry that up and unplug the connector. That's all there is to it so I would say anyone can do this (if you're comfortable voiding any remaining warranty of course). Chord even provides a strip of double sided tape with the new battery to hold it in place again.

Thanks to everyone who offered their guidance on getting this resolved.

Nov 3, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #34,290 of 42,765
I also had a dying battery after 1½ year of moderate use, say between 500 to 600 hours of use in total over 1½ years. I am using the Mojo 2x per day while commuting. What worked for me is charging it to full, disconnect the charger and then let the Mojo play continuously with headphones connected, but without my USB source connected. To my surpise it played about 8 hours. Next I used the Mojo during commuting and it turned out I get at least 7 hours playing time as I am used to.
What a relief, happy that I do not have to buy a new battery.

I hope that others with a battery issue will have the same luck.

disconnect the charger and then let the Mojo play continuously with headphones connected, but without my USB source connected. To my surprise it played about 8 hours.

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this. Do you mean fully charge Mojo. Switch Mojo on. Then attach headphones. Then disconnect charger (and probably cable). Then disconnect any sound source. Meaning leave the Mojo to discharge the battery in its own time.

Well, I replaced the battery a few days ago and I'm happy to say that it fixed my problem with the Mojo shutting off. For anyone thinking about replacing their own battery, it's extremely easy. You just need the correct Torx driver to remove the case screws. The battery is held in place with double sided tape so just gently pry that up and unplug the connector. That's all there is to it so I would say anyone can do this (if you're comfortable voiding any remaining warranty of course). Chord even provides a strip of double sided tape with the new battery to hold it in place again.

Thanks to everyone who offered their guidance on getting this resolved.

I thought the battery was thermally bonded to the case. Then taped down. I always imagined using thermal interface material whenever I get around to needing a new battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back