Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 16, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #33,512 of 42,765
I'm currently running my iPhone to mojo to shure se846 and I'm incredibly happy with it. Does anyone have suggestions to bundle it, make it more portable with the cck? I used to run an iPod to a ray samuels using a lod cable and it was so nice and portable compared to the mess that's created by the cck? Any thoughts?

CCK slides right into the adapter module, it's a cleaner solution.
https://www.moon-audio.com/chord-mo...AMrsWXXg6vp3PA3BoCDmYQAvD_BwE&ad=106141897521

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #33,513 of 42,765
What are these USB things doing that the Mojo isn't doing as it's asynch re-clocking already?

Also, the sound from my laptop usb to Mojo is much better than from my iPad to Mojo though the expensive camera adapter. From the iPad it sounds less bassy and more bright, but not in a good way. What could be causing that?

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #33,514 of 42,765
What are these USB things doing that the Mojo isn't doing as it's asynch re-clocking already?

Also, the sound from my laptop usb to Mojo is much better than from my iPad to Mojo though the expensive camera adapter. From the iPad it sounds less bassy and more bright, but not in a good way. What could be causing that?

RF noise from the iPad. I use an iPad air with Airplane mode on and Wifi. Best sound through the iPad is airplane mode on, Wifi off, and listening to offline files. Getting a jitterbug helps in both instances.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #33,515 of 42,765
RF noise from the iPad. I use an iPad air with Airplane mode on and Wifi. Best sound through the iPad is airplane mode on, Wifi off, and listening to offline files. Getting a jitterbug helps in both instances.

Thanks, I will try that. Is the Jitterbug a noise filter? I'm sure there's lots of noise on my laptop, just less than my iPad. Does the Eitr do what the Jitterbug does?

(Lots of questions, I have)

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #33,516 of 42,765
Aug 16, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #33,517 of 42,765
Aug 16, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #33,518 of 42,765
Thanks, I will try that. Is the Jitterbug a noise filter? I'm sure there's lots of noise on my laptop, just less than my iPad. Does the Eitr do what the Jitterbug does?

(Lots of questions, I have)

Yeah, the jitterbug is essentially a passive noise filter and does a good job for the money. However, the Eitr would most likely make the jitterbug irrelevant in the chain and would provide the biggest uplift in sound quality from what I've read.

Thanks so much for the response. I feel kinda like an idiot as I by all my stuff from moon audio and I'd looked at that before and thought it was just tons of different cables. Should've bought that instead of the black Dragon usb I bought. Although happy to have that for computer use. Cheers.

Actually, you are not an idiot at all, the black dragon cable is an improvement over the stock cable for sure. You can still use the black dragon with the extension kit for a great mobile Mojo experience that can only be bettered by Poly.

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #33,519 of 42,765
Thanks again for the info, I do appreciate the help. And not to hop on the bandwagon but this mojo is insanely good for the money. I can't stop listening to it. And the ability to plug it into my iPhone and stream tidal or Spotify is so incredibly cool. I've been into headphones for 10 years or so and have had some fairly high end stuff but this is something else entirely. Thank you chord.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #33,520 of 42,765
Nope, just added KS to Foobar and it works great. Slows computer down a bit, but no problems so far...

It's good to know that the Mojo will probably sound great in a larger system.

KS actually has the lowest latency compared to ASIO and WASAPI. It slows down my computer the least, though it's usually not noticeable either way.

The Mojo sounded phenomenal with my floorstanding speakers. (But they still sound great even with cheap DACs.)

Sorry but no Just a clean signal Which is a definite improvement Over the noisy USB.

Wait, you're saying that you don't hear any sound quality improvements with the Eitr? Why not just use TOSLINK, then? It electrically isolates your DAC. If you don't have a source that can output TOSLINK, the $30 Behringer UCA202 audio interface can do it.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #33,521 of 42,765
-

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #33,522 of 42,765
KS actually has the lowest latency compared to ASIO and WASAPI. It slows down my computer the least, though it's usually not noticeable either way.

The Mojo sounded phenomenal with my floorstanding speakers. (But they still sound great even with cheap DACs.)

Wait, you're saying that you don't hear any sound quality improvements with the Eitr? Why not just use TOSLINK, then? It electrically isolates your DAC. If you don't have a source that can output TOSLINK, the $30 Behringer UCA202 audio interface can do it.

I did not bye the Eitr For the Mojo I don't use it Hooked up to my computer I Bought it For my Schiit Stack. I was just answering a question That was asked on this thread.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #33,523 of 42,765
I did not bye the Eitr For the Mojo I don't use it Hooked up to my computer I Bought it For my Schiit Stack. I was just answering a question That was asked on this thread.

Ah, I see. I do know that coax is often regarded as the best input for some Schiit DACs. As for those who use the Mojo exclusively, it would appear that TOSLINK is better anyway.

Aug 19, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #33,524 of 42,765
Hi, my Mojo suddenly stopped working. It can be powered on/off normally, but when connected via USB to my phone the power button doesn't glow anymore. I take that as it's unable to accept the input from my phone. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way to reset the Mojo / anything to try really?

I tested using the same phone, USB cable, with another DAC and that one works fine, so I'm afraid my new Mojo is the problem.

Aug 19, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #33,525 of 42,765
Hi, my Mojo suddenly stopped working. It can be powered on/off normally, but when connected via USB to my phone the power button doesn't glow anymore. I take that as it's unable to accept the input from my phone. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way to reset the Mojo / anything to try really?

I tested using the same phone, USB cable, with another DAC and that one works fine, so I'm afraid my new Mojo is the problem.
I think it is probably your phone. What player are you using? UAPP?
Did you try to reconnect Mojo or switch Mojo off and on again while it is connected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back