Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 6, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #26,897 of 42,765
There are a lot of folk on here waiting for the announcement at next years CES! We're all guessing what it could be with rumours of an SD card module being one. Either way, I'm thinking it would make the Mojo a DAP whatever gadget they make.

Next year sounds like a long time away, but CES is just 4 or 5 weeks away.
So eat, drink and be merry for christmas and the new year, and then recover for CES. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #26,898 of 42,765
I hope, I do not have to wait 2 months. I have been waiting for two weeks so far.
If the usual and recommended returned item channels are followed along with correct procedure for Returmed materials such as simply providing a return to - name and address. It is doubtful anyone will have to wait that long. But send us a unit out of the blue and not through a retailer and omit a return address slip and who knows ......I'm very greatful we have a team that all keeps an eye on Headfi or we might have missed the previous bitter complaint sir!

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #26,899 of 42,765
Article today in the Daily Express online about super-capacitors being used instead of batteries. More efficient and can be charged in seconds. Can't wait. Hopefully Rob and team will make one for Mojo. http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/740174/Battery-breakthrough-supercapacitor-technology-revolutionise-mobile-phones-electric-cars
we have been looking at this and similar still in the lab technologies 'lithium sulphur ' is the most promising and it's safe too. And I'm looking forward to seeing Edd our media manager flying in to work by scaled up quad copter instead of that boring old electric scateboard he uses presently.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #26,900 of 42,765
If the usual and recommended returned item channels are followed along with correct procedure for Returmed materials such as simply providing a return to - name and address. It is doubtful anyone will have to wait that long. But send us a unit out of the blue and not through a retailer and omit a return address slip and who knows ......I'm very greatful we have a team that all keeps an eye on Headfi or we might have missed the previous bitter complaint sir!

Why do you assume, I do not follow the correct procedure?

I sent my Mojo to the retailer on the 21st of November. This is the last message from the retailer, from the 29th of November, after I asked them, for how much longer I should wait: "We have been sent an advanced replacement that we are expecting to be delivered here at some point in the next few days. I will contact you when we hear or see anything." 7th of December is pretty much the end of the "next few" days. 16 days without Mojo is already too much.

Anyway, thank you sir, for offering your help. I think, we could pm instead, if necessary.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #26,901 of 42,765

Why do you assume, I do not follow the correct procedure?

Whoa, hold on!
smile.gif

You misinterpreted what was said - it wasn't aimed directly at you, personally (I know that for a fact).

beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #26,902 of 42,765
JVC FX woodies use dynamic drivers and are not as sensitive as many other IEMs. I own a pair of FX1100s and on CD rips from music recorded during the pre +10dB era that began in the late 80s, double yellow is loud but not too loud at all, imo.

Fx1100 is enjoyable, isn't it?!

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #26,903 of 42,765
Dunno what volume that there double Yellow is. I'm using Encore U's at around 4 steps below Red Red. lol :wink: I think its someat like (-) Purple with (+) Brown. Of course those colours could be something completely different! Haha. Depends on lighting near it, the time of day, how much i've eaten, the depth of the colour of the sky.......................

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #26,905 of 42,765
  Dunno what volume that there double Yellow is. I'm using Encore U's at around 4 steps below Red Red. lol :wink: I think its someat like (-) Purple with (+) Brown. Of course those colours could be something completely different! Haha. Depends on lighting near it, the time of day, how much i've eaten, the depth of the colour of the sky.......................

...whether you've swallowed the Red or the Blue pill...

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #26,906 of 42,765

Whoa, hold on!
smile.gif

You misinterpreted what was said - it wasn't aimed directly at you, personally (I know that for a fact).

beerchug.gif

If that is the case, I apologize.

Nah it's cool. I totally understand why you interpreted it that way. JF was talking to you, but not about you
beerchug.gif

JF does care about good customer service - his remarks were aimed at the general importance of warranty service issues being handled through the established channels, and with sufficient identifying and explanatory paperwork.

It's disheartening for companies (not just Chord Electronics) to strive to maintain good levels of service and reputation, only to occassionally find themselves being publicly blamed for delays which, sometimes, may have more to do with insufficient identifying paperwork being included with the returned device, and/or not following established channels (one should return to the retailer the unit was purchased from, since the contract is with that retailer, who is then obliged to send it to Chord Electronics, in the UK, which might sometimes involve going via the distributor in the retailer's country). Things can sometimes be complicated further if the device was purchased secondhand, in which case the new owner no longer has a contract with the original retailer of the device.

So, really, JF was only pointing out that one person's experience of Chord customer service might differ from another person's experience, but that this may quite leigitmately be due to circumstances outside of their control.

It seems, from what you remarked, earlier, that you have followed the appropriate return channel, and, as long as the retailer has done their bit, in an efficient manner, and with sufficient identifying paperwork included with the returned unit, I'm confident you will be hearing from Chord very soon. If not, feel free to PM me and I'll try to assist you.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #26,907 of 42,765
I would only add that at this time of year, the postal services are overloaded with christmas parcels and cards, so allow a few days contingency into the expected time that it will take for your Mojo to return.

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #26,908 of 42,765
Article today in the Daily Express online about super-capacitors being used instead of batteries. More efficient and can be charged in seconds. Can't wait. Hopefully Rob and team will make one for Mojo. http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/740174/Battery-breakthrough-supercapacitor-technology-revolutionise-mobile-phones-electric-cars

we have been looking at this and similar still in the lab technologies 'lithium sulphur ' is the most promising and it's safe too. And I'm looking forward to seeing Edd our media manager flying in to work by scaled up quad copter instead of that boring old electric scateboard he uses presently.

The 5.11 light for life uses these "super capacitors". We used to have one in every ambulance and fly car back when I was a medic. It's not a new technology, but they drained pretty quick.... Only a 2 min recharge or something like that though.

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #26,909 of 42,765

You guys should state lower tier or 2nd tier of colors. Cause there is at lease two double yellows. Also isn't ether c impedance 23. iem could easily be close to that.

Nope they are planars and need juice IEMs are not close. People who listen at double yellows with IEMs should consider checking their hearing (not trying to sound offensive)

Also there is:
[Yellow] Off (which looks a bit like double yellows)
[Yellow] [Yellow] and lastly
White [Yellow]

I thought 13 clicks up from lowest volume is double yellow which is pretty quite..  Then there is a second double Yellow that is loud and then a 3rd double yellow.  But I think your right I just tried the third tier and it is white.  But first tier looks almost same as second tier of volume.

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #26,910 of 42,765
The 5.11 light for life uses these "super capacitors". We used to have one in every ambulance and fly car back when I was a medic. It's not a new technology, but they drained pretty quick.... Only a 2 min recharge or something like that though.

There's a new wave of research to 'super capacitors' which have much more surface area than the 'super capacitors' of old resulting in more stored Wh power. Graphene (one atom thick carbon) is one of the processes that is a popular area of research, but it's very expensive currently to produce. In Canada they have found a breakthrough with cheap hemp bast, a waste product in the hemp industry, that performs better than graphene and costs much less to produce and process. These techniques are much more promising than the old polymer capacitors in the 5.11 products.

Some American companies are also using a similar process for hemp bast supercapacitors. Either Duracell (or some other established battery company) shuts them down or there will be big break throughs in the coming years when production becomes commercially viable.

Some interesting reading:

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/pressroom/newsreleases/2014/august/could-hemp-nanosheets-topple-graphene-for-making-the-ideal-supercapacitor.html

https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/energy/hemp-carbon-makes-supercapacitors-superfast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back