Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 25, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #23,176 of 42,765
I have to say, had I realised when I bought it that the Mojo would require a separate transport if I didn't want to keep my phone in flight mode, I might have bought a semi-decent DAP instead, anyway (I know that may be heresy). It's not that I'm crazily biased against them- though I do have my reservations about some of the more creatively priced options.

Edit:

I guess if you didnt want to take your phone, but still wanted to listen to the mojo, then you could have a player + amp. But I still don't see that as being reasonable, because who goes without their phone for that long? It would be a very special circumstance. 

I have been known to take my old simless S3 with me on long (>10km) runs, as an audio source. I leave my phone at home because it's a more modern clownphone and too big/heavy to slip in my little waist pack. Shorter, faster runs tend not to get as boring, so the only electronics used tend to be my GPS watch.

If Sansa Clips weren't actually quite expensive now, doubtless I'd grab one of those instead - but since the old phone is just sitting there, I feel it's silly not to use it.

Yes, I appreciate that's not an example of Mojo+DAP sans phone- but it's effectively an example of being without my phone for an extended period.

Sep 25, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #23,177 of 42,765
  I have to say, had I realised when I bought it that the Mojo would require a separate transport if I didn't want to keep my phone in flight mode, I might have bought a semi-decent DAP instead, anyway (I know that may be heresy). It's not that I'm crazily biased against them- though I do have my reservations about some of the more creatively priced options.

Now with the release of the $3200 Sony Walkman, I am not liking the direction the manufacturers are taking with respect to pricing. Mid-Fi DAP market is getting really competitive and some mid-fi DAPs seem to be performing dangerously close to the hi-fi daps. Looking forward to the upcoming iBasso DX200.

Sep 25, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #23,178 of 42,765
So that's a 8+ hour run ? That's pretty crazy, good for you.

I know there are times when you want to be without your phone. Sometimes, when I really need to get a lot of work done in a 10 hour period of time, I lock away my phone. But then I have my computer. I'm sure there are other examples, I'm sure. 

I just think we are getting a little too cute with our justficications. 

Sep 25, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #23,179 of 42,765

Now with the release of the $3200 Sony Walkman, I am not liking the direction the manufacturers are taking with respect to pricing. Mid-Fi DAP market is getting really competitive and some mid-fi DAPs seem to be performing dangerously close to the hi-fi daps. Looking forward to the upcoming iBasso DX200.

Yes, that did seem a little silly- I think it's probably statement pricing, though- like the Focal Utopia.

Did anyone reputable (rather than the usual "everything is awesome!!!!one" suspects) ever review the Hifiman SuperMini? I have to admit to being curious..

Sep 25, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #23,180 of 42,765

Did anyone reputable (rather than the usual "everything is awesome!!!!one" suspects) ever review the Hifiman SuperMini? I have to admit to being curious..

There is a review tour that is about to start or has already started. So we should be seeing some reviews soon.

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #23,182 of 42,765
Hello, I HAVE A PROBLEM here.

Ive used my Mojo for quite some times, Ive just realized that I only get the RED light connection which means only 44Khz sample frequency eventhough i play FLAC files using foobar.

Anything wrong?

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #23,184 of 42,765
What does that mean?

How can I get those other lights?

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #23,185 of 42,765
The red light on the power button only indicates the sample rate of the file.. Not the file type.

What does that mean?

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #23,187 of 42,765
What does that mean?

Once the Mojo is turned on, the power light indicates the sampling rate of the song being played. In order to have the light change to orange (48kHz), yellow (88.2kHz), green (96kHz) etc you need music files at those sampling rates. HDTracks is a good place to look for high resolution albums.

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #23,188 of 42,765
What does that mean?

That's a bigger question than you realize.. do a quick search on Google or better, YouTube. Jusst know that CD's are 44.1khz (which is the rate that the red light indicates) you can buy FLAC files from hdtracks that are 48, 96 and 192khz not to mention DSD. All of which will change the color of the power button to something other than red.

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #23,189 of 42,765
  If you play anything above CD quality the color will not be red. For example, if you are playing a 24/96 High res file, the light will be green. 

Once the Mojo is turned on, the power light indicates the sampling rate of the song being played. In order to have the light change to orange (48kHz), yellow (88.2kHz), green (96kHz) etc you need music files at those sampling rates. HDTracks is a good place to look for high resolution albums.

That's a bigger question than you realize.. do a quick search on Google or better, YouTube. Jusst know that CD's are 44.1khz (which is the rate that the red light indicates) you can buy FLAC files from hdtracks that are 48, 96 and 192khz not to mention DSD. All of which will change the color of the power button to something other than red.

WOW, almost a year which I have my Mojo, never try any higher than 44Khz! Well I need to find somewhere now.

Do you guys know which websites? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back