1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. jmills8
    I have this Silver OTG for sale.

received_1089954791088454.jpg

2. gikigill

Is it for Android?

3. jmills8
    Yes. Android to Mojo and Hugo.

Like this one but angled connection and new.

20160405_140157.jpg

4. discord76
    Is a silver otg cable really necessary?

5. Delayeed
    If you are not using one you are missing SO much, like it's literally night and day like oh my gosh dude srsly. uhm... I mean umm probably not...

Ancipital likes this.
  6. jmills8
    Well, I demoed : Copper , Copper/Silver, Silver, Copper/Gold, Silver/Gold OTGs and sound wise theres a difference. Physically some are softer.

7. cyclops214
    And don't forget some are shinier than others.[​IMG]

8. miketlse

I am an engineer, and I am a fan of engineering excellence.
    I try and explain issues in engineering terms - and I do not regard that as being defensive.
    Given that you have chosen to insult me three times in your reply, i will leave it to others to try and help you in future.

canali, Mython, GreenBow and 2 others like this.
  9. discord76

Didnt Chord say silver can just make the sound brighter not better?

10. Delayeed
    Hmm not sure but people seem to find silver cables to have better detail retrieval, more brightness and clarity. Anyway probably not worth spending too much on such a short cable.

11. Mython Contributor
    I know most of you already know this, but just to be clear, for newcomers to head-fi, who might be reading this, the alleged differences in sound, in relation to different metals used in audio connection cables, is not necessarily the same for an analogue connection cable as it may be for a digital connection cable.

Rob Watts and Ancipital like this.
  12. jmills8
    Then Copper with Silver. Also depends if you have a warm iem/headphone.

received_1042773495841567.jpg

13. discord76
    For a digital signal? Crazy.

Ancipital likes this.
  14. jmills8
    Then stay sane and enjoy the music.

15. Occy
    Hi All,

I have a bit of a dilemma. Recently I've found myself using my smartphone (HTC One) way more often instead of my Sony NW-ZX2 for portable usewith my Noble K10's. So I'm considering selling it and my RSA Intruder DAC/Amp in favour of the Mojo which I can use with my smartphone and as a DAC with my laptop. I'm thinking of picking one up from e-earphone duty free next month, and I should come out slightly ahead if I sell both the ZX2 and the Intruder.

Does anyone have experience with the Mojo against the ZX2 or RSA Intruder who could give a few words of wisdom?

Also, what cable should I be looking at getting for best SQ? I listen to mostly blues based alt-rock, classical and electronic music.