Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 22, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #23,056 of 42,765
When I got mojo I listened to about 30 minutes before I charged it fully. I get about 8hrs consistency out of it nowadays powering he400i and recently Empire Ears Zeus, I am happy with 8 hrs and I'm even happier with the Zeus, best audio pair I've ever heard with mojo. Over full size headphone and other IEMs.

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #23,057 of 42,765
***, this is turning into one of the old subaru forum threads! LOL.
Opinions and arseholes, everybody has em!
Just charge it how you like and enjoy it :)

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #23,058 of 42,765
  ***, this is turning into one of the old subaru forum threads! LOL.
Opinions and arseholes, everybody has em!
Just charge it how you like and enjoy it :)

Charging is relevant. Lets not get into human anatomy..

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #23,060 of 42,765
I'm having an issue with my Mojo where it wont keep a charge... I noticed it recently when using it to burn in some headphones that it dies as though it's not getting a charge. This isn't the case because it's charging fine and the LED is lit showing its charging. 

I never had this issue with the Hugo and it's only started doing this recently. I've replaced the charger to another that outputs more than 5v/2A. In fact it's a turbo charger that can output up to triple that power so it's not that...

Any thoughts?

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #23,062 of 42,765
I'm having an issue with my Mojo where it wont keep a charge... I noticed it recently when using it to burn in some headphones that it dies as though it's not getting a charge. This isn't the case because it's charging fine and the LED is lit showing its charging. 

I never had this issue with the Hugo and it's only started doing this recently. I've replaced the charger to another that outputs more than 5v/2A. In fact it's a turbo charger that can output up to triple that power so it's not that...

Any thoughts?

Have you done a battery cycle? Drain to blinking red then do a full charge until the solid white charge light shuts off.

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #23,063 of 42,765
Have you done a battery cycle? Drain to blinking red then do a full charge until the solid white charge light shuts off.

Yeah, that seems to be the problem. Every time it does it almost always turns back off quickly as though the battery is drained. It's red and blinking then goes off until I let it sit and charge for awhile. Once it's fully charged the next day it'll do the same thing... It's like it is losing the battery durability but it's only 3 months old and I leave it plugged in all the time. The Hugo never had a single issue like this so idk...

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #23,064 of 42,765

Yeah, that seems to be the problem. Every time it does it almost always turns back off quickly as though the battery is drained. It's red and blinking then goes off until I let it sit and charge for awhile. Once it's fully charged the next day it'll do the same thing... It's like it is losing the battery durability but it's only 3 months old and I leave it plugged in all the time. The Hugo never had a single issue like this so idk...

So 90% of the time in last 3 months, Mojo was plugged in ? So it used it's battery only for 10% of the time ?

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #23,066 of 42,765
  So 90% of the time in last 3 months, Mojo was plugged in ? So it used it's battery only for 10% of the time ?

It's been plugged in I'd say 95% of the time. I very rarely unplug it. When it reaches 0% it's because the battery has died again. I know it's dead because when I plug it up and start it back up it's showing red or blinking red on the Mojo meaning the battery was drained. 

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #23,067 of 42,765

It's been plugged in I'd say 95% of the time. I very rarely unplug it. When it reaches 0% it's because the battery has died again. I know it's dead because when I plug it up and start it back up it's showing red or blinking red on the Mojo meaning the battery was drained. 

Hmm, i think now you got the issue.
You never used your battery. Let's assume your battery has divided into 10 parts, 1,2,..,10, when you do ful charge the 10th part is charged.
So when you use your battery, 1st you will use 10th part , then 9, 8 and go on.
As you hardly used your battery, so all the time only the last part(10th) of your battery was used for a small amount of time, due to which other parts of the battery lost its efficiency.

Hope this will help you to understand the issue. I also use Mojo as desktop DAC, but i do use battery, so that i won't loose its efficency.

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #23,068 of 42,765
You never used your battery. Let's assume your battery has divided into 10 parts, 1,2,..,10, when you do ful charge the 10th part is charged.
As you hardly used your battery, so all the time only the last part(10th) of your battery was used for a small amount of time, due to which other parts of the battery lost its efficiency.

Hope this will help you to understand the issue. I also use Mojo as desktop DAC, but i do use battery, so that i won't loose its efficency.

Perhaps but at this point it's had about 5 full battery cycles over the past week and its still doing it.

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #23,069 of 42,765

It has been said that it should be fine to have Mojo plugged in 24/7, so that shouldn't be the issue. It could be a faulty unit or some kind of internal processing error.

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #23,070 of 42,765
Personally I never run battery powered devices plugged in all the time. I've had too many lithium batteries lose capacity by doing this. Also, it's known that leaving a lithium battery near full charge for extended periods of time is very stressful for them. Chord has said it's fine to leave Mojo plugged in all the time, and I'm not about to debate that statement. I just would not do it myself. If I do use it in the desktop system I just run it off battery, unplugged, until it needs a charge.

I'd suggest contacting your retailer for warranty service regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Wepu
Back