Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 27, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #21,781 of 42,765
Decided to pick up the Chord Mojo after reading through most of this thread. Had the DFR earlier this month for a bit, but found it a bit bright for my current set up. Pretty happy with the Mojo so far, and I've yet to put in many hours to burn it in. 

Currently paired with my AK100ii using Garmin elastic bands (saw someone mention it in the thread somewhere, seems perfect and fits into the grooves on the Mojo perfectly).

Aug 27, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #21,782 of 42,765
Just wonder how Mojo compares with those desktop DAC, like Marantz HD-DAC1.
I enjoy *serious* music (like classical) at home, so portable or not is not my concern.  Is Mojo the best DAC in that price range, or there are other choices?

Aug 27, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #21,783 of 42,765
I enjoy *serious* music (like classical) at home, so portable or not is not my concern.  Is Mojo the best DAC in that price range, or there are other choices?

I think a lot of people feel that that Mojo competes with dedicated DACs even twice it's price. I had a few full size dedicated DACs that got sold because I thought the Mojo sounded better + it's portable.

Aug 27, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #21,784 of 42,765
I just wish there were others like him, to where I could compare opinions (videos because I like video) but headfi of course is best

Praising (above)  Complaining below.

i bought the Mojo again the day after the above video. My complaint stays but good sound and power in portable form is rare so I came back

If you are into normal and informative the admin of this site did the best review of this item.

Aug 27, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #21,785 of 42,765
So after the verge review and the Z review, the general consensus is that the chord mojo is a overrated piece of ****.

Thoughts?

I bought one before this happened and now i feel like i made a mistake

Hold on to it for a while...take notes, try different headphones or IEMs and compare it to other stuff you have occasionally when you have a bit of time. Then please write a review and let us know what you think. Some of the best reviews I've read have been from people who aren't reviewers at all.  What might be important to me when I write (or shoot) a review may be different to what is important to someone else. The more regular owners that write reviews, the more perspectives potential owners can get. 

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #21,786 of 42,765

Hold on to it for a while...take notes, try different headphones or IEMs and compare it to other stuff you have occasionally when you have a bit of time. Then please write a review and let us know what you think. Some of the best reviews I've read have been from people who aren't reviewers at all.  What might be important to me when I write (or shoot) a review may be different to what is important to someone else. The more regular owners that write reviews, the more perspectives potential owners can get. 

especially when the person doing the "review" acts like they are being held at gun point and forced to do a review on something they have a negative perception of prior to starting to roll camera.

and back on topic... I have found that Mojo is most useful (for me) as a mobile device. Even Hugo for that matter tucked in its leather case is more or less a mobile device for me. 35 years in this hobby has made me realize that audio nirvana is not relegated to one device. if you truly want to experience the entire audio spectrum (even 100 grand setups can disappoint) you need to have an arsenal of products to extract the sounds you want to hear from the source you a using to feed your gear.

and yes I understand most people want to build the "end game" rig... if you a truly serious about audio as a hobby, you will chase your tail forever and never be satisfied if you go that route

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #21,787 of 42,765
I received the Jitterbug today for Apple iMac and have not as yet opened the parcel. Can i just ask you all is it worth using or should i not bother and return it?

I assume the connection would be for the Audio In port of the Mojo? I tend to only have one cable into the Mojo as too many cables are messy.

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #21,788 of 42,765
I received the Jitterbug today for Apple iMac and have not as yet opened the parcel. Can i just ask you all is it worth using or should i not bother and return it?

I assume the connection would be for the Audio In port of the Mojo? I tend to only have one cable into the Mojo as too many cables are messy.

​iMac > jitterbug > Mojo

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #21,790 of 42,765
Don't underestimate mojo because of its size mojo has around five hundred times the digital signal processing power than most if not all desktop Dacs have, o it easily out performs all of them, check out the comparative specifications.
For English readers Mojo is a bit of a Tardis really ..... The doctor .....

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #21,791 of 42,765
Don't underestimate mojo because of its size mojo has around five hundred times the digital signal processing power than most if not all desktop Dacs have, o it easily out performs all of them, check out the comparative specifications.
For English readers Mojo is a bit of a Tardis really ..... The doctor .....

thanks, john...any eta on the extender? thought it was supposed to have been out 1 mo ago, based on what chord told us.
then the latest it was delayed another month.
hoping to swap out my df red with the mojo...will make portability that much easier, esp w just one wire.
am sure i'm not alone in this request.

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #21,792 of 42,765
I feel like I've seen this asked nearly a dozen times, and never an answer. Would be great to know, as folks keep responding to every other inquiry!

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #21,795 of 42,765
With reference to people saying the Mojo is an analogue sounding DAC. I found an album that shows this off well. I just bought Snow Patrol - Up to Now. Lots of tracks in many places have a superb analogue sounding signature. (First and only listen using my desktop Q Acoustics BT3.)

By the way; great album. Loved it on first listen through. (It's a two CD compilation album.) There's only one track I don't like. It's track 5 on the first CD, a cover of Beyoncé's, Crazy In Love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back