Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 19, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #21,496 of 42,765

Oh dear. Be prepared for the flood of messages claiming that Chord accidently revealed the specification of the Mojo Mk2, on the new website.
Nothing will now persuade the Mk2 believers otherwise.

biggrin.gif

Ha ha ha... 

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #21,498 of 42,765
Agreed, the Shanling has been interesting me a lot lately. Even if it's only output over USB i'd be happy. I am not a big android fan, or iOS for that matter, and Blackberry is never going to develop USB DAC support.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #21,499 of 42,765
I just received my Mojo and am enjoying it so far (less than 30 minutes).

Can someone confirm which LowePro case fits it well?  I saw one person say the Lowepro Santiago 10 II while someone else said the Santiago 20 II.

Thanks.

Mark

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #21,500 of 42,765
Has anyone compared the headphone amp in the Mojo with a dedicated portable amp like the Pico Power, Meier Quickstep or something similar or a desktop amp that's suitable for sensitive IEMs? Just wondering if it is worth getting a separate amp for home use. I'm a bit concerned with hiss from the Mojo.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #21,501 of 42,765

Can someone confirm which LowePro case fits it well?  I saw one person say the Lowepro Santiago 10 II while someone else said the Santiago 20 II.

Thanks.

Mark

I think I answered this already. Both 10 and 20 will fit the Mojo. The 10 will be a snug fit. With the 20 you probably can fit in a cable too.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #21,502 of 42,765

Thanks.

Mark

If you could wait till tonight, I'll try to stop by target and see if they have one and I can send you a picture with the Mojo inside. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #21,503 of 42,765
I recall seeing a custom Lightning to micro USB cable mentioned (here I believe) for Mojo interconnect that actually includes the innards of the official Apple CCK adapter. I have looked at the cables in the 3rd post and can't confirm if it's one of those or not. I've also searched the thread but haven't run across it again. Does anyone else remember this cable and can direct me to the post(s)?

I bet your thinking of the one made by Forza Audio. It's not on there website yet but will be soon.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #21,505 of 42,765
  Please don't feel neglected, they have to sort out the links for the other 96% of the world's population first. 
biggrin.gif

If it is any consolation, I searched for dealers in France, and the map placed the start pin 40km away from where I actually live, and then revealed that my nearest dealer is situated 496 miles away in England. It is just as well that I have already bought my Mojo a few months ago.

I just hope that Chord do not let the coder in charge of the map, loose on the next code update for the FPGA. 
wink.gif

I'm just anxious my mojo arrives on Tuesday.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #21,507 of 42,765

Thanks.

Mark

FWIW, there are some soft pouches mentioned in post #3.

It all depends on whether you want a snug fit for just Mojo on its own, or if you want a pouch to accommodate Mojo stacked with a DAP or smartphone.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #21,508 of 42,765
  I'm just anxious my mojo arrives on Tuesday.

You should relax - The only non-official US dealer i remember being mentioned is Massdrop. Several other legit dealers get regularly mentioned, and i think the only stress was occurring in the first few pages of this thread, during the first few days that Mojo was on sale (and in very short supply). If someone saw the mojo in stock on a webpage, and then went away to make a coffee, the dealer was already sold out ten minutes later.
The supply chain to dealers normalised itself months ago.

Enjoy the weekend compiling your playlist of music to test your new Mojo, then make sure you headphones or amp works, that you have the correct cables, and then sit back and enjoy a beer.  
beerchug.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #21,510 of 42,765

Wow, you are an amazing guy!  It's much appreciated, if you get the chance.

Its your lucky day. The target had Santiago 20i and Santiago 20ii. Both can hold a Mojo and a USB cable but is somewhat a tight fit. Santiago 20i is slightly smaller than the 20ii. 20ii has a foam pad inside, that takes up a lot of space. It is held in place by a dual side tape and looks like you can take it off easily. Without the foam pad, 20ii should have more than enough space for a Mojo + USB Cable and some wiggle room.

Santiago 20i:

Santiago 20ii:

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back