Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 19, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #21,466 of 42,765
Aug 19, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #21,467 of 42,765

I'd be interested to know if that is possible.

My understanding, up until this point, is that all the CCK-circumvention cables accomplish it by swiping an MFI/CCK chip from a genuine apple adapter.

Gotcha, makes sense. My only gripe w/ my L19 cable (while it works well generally) is that on occasion I just cannot get the iOS device to recognize the DAC and have to power cycle both devices (sometimes repeatedly) to get it working again. Haven't really been able to nail down any specific pattern as of yet.

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #21,470 of 42,765
  I hope, I am not blind, but I haven't seen anyone linking THIS yet.

Unfortunately when you click on bye they have no US dealers makes me wonder if any of the mojoes being sold in the US are legitimate.

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #21,471 of 42,765
  No worries :) . Glad to see Chord put up a website just for Mojo. I'm sure the cost of the website will pay for itself giving how well the product sells.

IMO it is a great (marketing) idea from Chord. The website is easy to understand by the average consumer. I think, it has the potential to increase sales (even more). Good job.

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #21,472 of 42,765

I hope, I am not blind, but I haven't seen anyone linking THIS yet.

Unfortunately when you click on bye they have no US dealers makes me wonder if any of the mojoes being sold in the US are legitimate.

LOL - yes, the Mojos being sold in the US, by MoonAudio, Todd The Vinyl Junkie, etc. are definitely 100% legitimate. Not the Massdrop ones, though.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #21,473 of 42,765
We at Chord would be very interested in talking to a good ultra reliable cable maker able to make a micro USB to lightning camera type that is about 200 mm long we have an requirement coming up for about thirty pieces then there would be an on going general purchase requirement for high volumes of longer than usual cables

Perhaps contact Konstantin at Lavricables? I just got my cabled delivered this week, which he shipped out the day after I paid for it, and was delivered promptly as promised. Great quality, nearly non-existent RFI with my micro-usb to micro-usb OTG cable (I bought his because I was getting a lot of noise with my other cable). Of course he makes lightning to micro as well, specifically for Mojo. Sound seems to be much better than my original cable too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Lavricables

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #21,474 of 42,765

LOL - yes, the Mojos being sold in the US, by MoonAudio, Todd The Vinyl Junkie, etc. are definitely 100% legitimate. Not the Massdrop ones, though.

I'm sure that they are it just bugs me that they don't show any US dealers on the map or have any links to US websites.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #21,475 of 42,765

I'm sure that they are it just bugs me that they don't show any US dealers on the map or have any links to US websites.

My guess is maybe they realised the world doesn't revolve around America
wink_face.gif

(only joking - no offence intended - just a friendly leg-pull)

FWIW, at the bottom of Post #3, I've linked the country-specific information page from Chord's main website (Where can I Buy Mojo in my Country?), which, if you click on the USA flag, will take you to the US distributor - Bluebird Music, who can be contacted to find out which legitimate Chord retailers are in your state.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #21,476 of 42,765
Aug 19, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #21,478 of 42,765
So unfortunately, Mojo won't be able to help me with my latest purchase...
confused.gif
tongue_smile.gif
cool.gif

28469605324_b7a347eea6.jpg

28469605264_c8928d7eb9.jpg

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #21,479 of 42,765

While we're at it I'd like to talk about this a little more, with some constructively aimed remarks.
At Chord they say that we have to feed Mojo with bitperfect juice and for me it did make perfect sense until -mostly with 44/16 sources- I experienced audible distortion and clipping.
So I asked Rob if Mojo has some magic able to cope with TPL exceeding 0dBFS.
He replied in this very thread that no Handling whatsoever is done on TPL. http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/19515#post_12699231

But Mojo upsamples at 2048fs and I experienced many instances of 44/16 sources showing +2dB TPL (and even more) even at 2fs.
So my thinking is that possibly 2048fs upsampling will bring to surface every "hidden" intersample peak.

With my CD sources and listening, in bitperfect mode, my thinking has been confirmed in audible way.

So I had to say goodbye to bitperfect asset and to face the problem in either of the following ways:

1)Offline re-encoding to 44/16 with ISP detection and proper addressing.
2)On the fly ISP detection and proper addressing.

On the chart the first method should give the best results, but I'm still testing. Above mentioned distortions/clipping have gone for sure in both cases.

IMHO, it is a very interesting subject. I am surprised not to find more feedback in this thread. Let's wait...
popcorn.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #21,480 of 42,765

Please don't feel neglected, they have to sort out the links for the other 96% of the world's population first. 
biggrin.gif

If it is any consolation, I searched for dealers in France, and the map placed the start pin 40km away from where I actually live, and then revealed that my nearest dealer is situated 496 miles away in England. It is just as well that I have already bought my Mojo a few months ago.

I just hope that Chord do not let the coder in charge of the map, loose on the next code update for the FPGA. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back