Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #21,436 of 42,765
I've removed the dead eBay link, and placed 3 very clear warnings in post #3.

Because his homepage is still live, I'm trying to be fair to him, by not deleting the info altogether, until we know what the reason for his silence actually is.

Aug 18, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #21,437 of 42,765
As ever, I'll watch the thread carefully for any further news on the matter, and in the meantime, will warn anyone asking about co-ax cables for Mojo

Aug 18, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #21,438 of 42,765
  For all we know, the guy could be having an emergency. The last many feedback for his eBay store has been all negative with buyers claiming that they never heard back from him. I am guessing that eBay might have tried contacting him and must have suspended his store when they did not hear back from him. Regardless, I am going to remove all the links or reference to his store from all my posts.

​I am one of his last customers on eBay ( I can prove it if need be). I ordered a 75 ohm Fiio X5ii to mojo cable... he did eventually ship it, but not before I sent him a message asking where it was after weeks of waiting. the response I got was it was a 1 man operation and sometimes things get forgotten. Good cable maker - yes. Good businessman - you decide

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #21,440 of 42,765
Apparently the upcoming Shanling M1 can do digital out through USB-C and it is tiny.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816385/shanling-m1-an-ipod-nano-competitor-dap-usb-dac-usb-transport-bluetooth-4-0-aptx-dsd

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #21,441 of 42,765
  Nice, finally found a great USB Type C to Micro cable.  Nexus 6P working perfect with the Mojo =)

Hi are you running Android N or are you using Android Marshmallow on you 6P?

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #21,442 of 42,765

​I am one of his last customers on eBay ( I can prove it if need be). I ordered a 75 ohm Fiio X5ii to mojo cable... he did eventually ship it, but not before I sent him a message asking where it was after weeks of waiting. the response I got was it was a 1 man operation and sometimes things get forgotten. Good cable maker - yes. Good businessman - you decide

yeah, shipping time was longer than I would wish for, but I don't know of anyone else who does right-angled X7/X5II TRRS plug to Mojo TS plug cables.

If you guys came across others, be sure to share the word yah

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #21,443 of 42,765
  Hi everyone! I'm new here and was not able to read all 1428 pages. So, I apologies if my question was answered already many times, but I could not find what I'm looking for. 

I have Fostex TH900 mk2 earphones which I currently use with Macbook pro (Audirvana plus) and Fiio E17 Alpen. I'm now looking to upgrade my DAC/Amp and was thinking about Oppo HA1 or Fostex HP-A8, when I came across this liitle Mojo
So, my question  - How good is Mojo with TH900 and how good or bad it comparing to above mentioned HA1 and A8. I'm not going to use it as a portable amp, I only need this for my Mac sitting at my home on sofa. 

No help at all on this? 

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #21,444 of 42,765
  As ever, I'll watch the thread carefully for any further news on the matter, and in the meantime, will warn anyone asking about co-ax cables for Mojo

Thanks @Mython  - I will update the thread either way.  Still hopeful Jeffrey got caught in work and he is doing well.
From the e-mail correspondences before the actual invoice / payment - he seems like a good guy.

Zachi.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #21,445 of 42,765
yeah, shipping time was longer than I would wish for, but I don't know of anyone else who does right-angled X7/X5II TRRS plug to Mojo TS plug cables.

If you guys came across others, be sure to share the word yah

I believe MoonAudio offers right angle version. My problem is, they are too expensive.

And if you are located in Malaysia, Uranus cable (a seller on lelong.my) seems to offer right angle version on special requests.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #21,446 of 42,765
I believe MoonAudio offers right angle version. My problem is, they are too expensive.

And if you are located in Malaysia, Uranus cable (a seller on lelong.my) seems to offer right angle version on special requests.

Ditto. The price!

There is this by Custom Cable, now Audio Sanctuary UK, but not in right-angled plug.
http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/custom-cable-cc35-3.5mm-coaxial-cable.html

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #21,447 of 42,765
No help at all on this? 

I recently sold my HA-1 that I purchased when it launched and I vastly preferred the Mojo when I had both. I was gushing about the HA-1 when I first got it and it has an incredible amount of connectivity options (and the cool VU meter display), but in the end I found the Mojo to be better for accurate detail retrieval and timbre. To my ears the Mojo sounds more detailed and real over the HA-1. I can't speak for the Fostex DAC/amp or your Fostex headphones as I've never heard them.

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #21,448 of 42,765
I recently sold my HA-1 that I purchased when it launched and I vastly preferred the Mojo when I had both. I was gushing about the HA-1 when I first got it and it has an incredible amount of connectivity options (and the cool VU meter display), but in the end I found the Mojo to be better for accurate detail retrieval and timbre. To my ears the Mojo sounds more detailed and real over the HA-1. I can't speak for the Fostex DAC/amp or your Fostex headphones as I've never heard them.

Thanks for your response. Its interesting to know how the small box has beaten the huge class A discrete amplifier which is the HA-1. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #21,449 of 42,765
Thanks for your response. Its interesting to know how the small box has beaten the huge class A discrete amplifier which is the HA-1. 

The tech in the Mojo is extremely advanced, and it also runs discrete class A. :wink_face:

You can read more details in my Mojo review - LINK - which has some more brief comparisons with the HA-1 , as well as the very informative third post of this thread for some technical info. Like you, I initially had a hard time reconciling the tiny Mojo's size to its performance.

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #21,450 of 42,765
Hi are you running Android N or are you using Android Marshmallow on you 6P?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back