1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Mython Contributor

yes, it means a cable with one of these ferrite bands around it:

https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-Pieces-Ferrite-Suppressor-Diameter/dp/B01E5E5IY4

ferritecores.jpg

Some cables already have one fitted, others can very easily be fitted with one, manually, as they just clip-on

2. rkt31
    @sharon124, you can find plastic shell encased ferrite core online according to the dia of the cable. these can be placed on the cable .

3. sharon124
    Ok.. Got it.. Thank you so much...seems it easy solution..

4. Mython Contributor
    Remember to measure your USB cable thickness and choose the closest size of ferrite core, to clip onto it - otherwise, it'll drive you nuts, sliding back&forth, along the cable [​IMG]

5. sharon124
    One more question.. If we consider the usb cable come with mojo, is it ok if i connect one chock near the mojo side connector? Or it will need to connect two chorks at both end of cable?

6. EagleWings
    What is the worst thing that can happen to Mojo, if I am being careless with connecting my Fiio X3ii to the Mojo using the TRRS-TRS coax cable? There are 6 possibilities as shown in the picture. 1-A is the ideal and the correct connection. What about the other 5 scenarios? I wouldn't do the 3-A and 3-B. But it is a possibility when I have friends over and they want to give Mojo a try.

Slide1.jpg

Thanks for your help!

7. appabahn
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Finally found way to post photos, I think.

A different approach to mobile carry, allowing flexibility in sitting, standing, kneeling, etc.
    I wear iem's over ear, down back and route through belt loops to control pressure at USB connectors and limit cable bind.

maxh22 likes this.
  8. jmills8
    You in a war or something?

vapman and warrior1975 like this.
  9. Mython Contributor

Just one choke should be sufficient (more than one will not cause any harm, but there's just no need, unless your USB cable is several metres long [​IMG])

Generally, I think they tend to be applied at the source end, but just experiment and see which end you prefer.

Ultimately, it's not a big deal. Just try it and see what suits you best.

10. jmills8
    Not like this

images-120.jpg

11. miketlse

Some people manage with one choke, but others like to have a choke at each end of the cable. The chokes are relatively cheap so you can try both options, and find the one that suits you.

12. rhythm
  13. Rob Watts
    No that will create significant timing errors. Theory is very simple - use a filter that has as close as possible to an ideal sinc impulse response, and you will better recover the original un-sampled signal. If its a perfect sinc response, it will recover it perfectly for all bandwidth limited signals. No other form of interpolation filter will do this - to perfectly recover the signal it must be a sinc impulse response.

An FPGA can do anything you like, so long as the desired function will fit with timing closure.

Rob 

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  14. Slaphead

Rob, I've got a question regarding the use of FPGAs in Chord devices, especially relating to the Mojo.

I don't really know the cost to volume ratio of FPGAs compared to ASICs, but I'm led to believe that an ASIC is possibly a more economical solution in terms of high volume production and in terms of power consumption (at least with small enough manufacturing processes)

I totally understand that an FPGA is an advantage when it comes to "time to market", and it makes significant economical sense with the majority of Chord products in that they are relatively low volume and high end. However given that the Mojo appears to be the big thing these days, selling by the bucket load, would it not make sense to order bulk ASICs based on your design, given that your design is pretty much set in stone now.

If the truth be told I don't know how transferable your FPGA design is to an ASIC, but as it's logic gates in both I'm guessing it's achievable.

15. Mython Contributor

I don't know much about that, but wouldn't it mean having to disclose the proprietary (and currently-encrypte-against-reverse-engineering) code structure to the silicon fabricator?